Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I went to college for 3 years. Haven't been since 2006 though. I want to go back and finish my degree but life has a way of fucking up your plans. Currently working to pay off my debt working in a kitchen as a dishwasher. Sounds like a great career? lol I've learned a lot over the last year, more so in the last 6 months. What I've learned is that each day your life is passing by and you need to take hold of each day and make the best of it. I'm back home living with my mom after moving out 5 years ago. Once again, not ideal... However, there are pro's and con's to everything, so it's best to focus on the plusses. I've got a great view of the ocean and I'm saving up my money to pay off my debt that's been collecting since I moved out. Plus I'm taking care of my teeth. These things don't exactly make me happy, but realizing that I have people on my side makes it easier.

I felt like sharing my life a little bit just to show that every one of us is going through hard times. That's what life is about; how you deal with hard times. You mentioned that you have 2 more years to finish college, so that should be your plan. Focus on doing that and take any job you can while you are working towards that. It will not be fun, but you will thank yourself when you finally finish school. I know I can't wait to go back myself. Maybe try and offer to edit papers at your local college? Post on craig's list or something and see if people need a competant writer. Also, if you hate working with hair so much, then I wouldn't recommend going back to that. Move on and try something new. Anyway, I probably didn't even answer your questions so I'll just stop....... here. :tongue:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.