Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell me about yourself.
I despise this question but I will give it a go this time. I'm female, in my late 20s. I love to read, have an adventurous spirit and enjoy intellectual discussions. The rest of the survey will give more insight, I'm sure.

What are your interests and hobbies?
My interests include science, anthropology, archeology, marine biology, history, politics, mathematics and literature. My hobbies include the gym (keeping in shape is relaxing for me) and travel (when I can). I read copious amounts - books are a great love of mine.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
I'm stubborn and have been accused of being selfish and inconsiderate. Some might say I am detached and cold. I have a bit of a reputation for abandoning friendships once I think they've run their course/served their purpose. I also have a renowned temper.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
I'm independent and when I want something, my determination is formidable. People admire my confidence, strength and tough skin. I have been told I am funny, witty and great company. I have also been told I'm a good listener and I don't sugarcoat advice. I like that I do what is necessary and am not sensitive.

In what areas of your life would you like help?
Hm, probably to be more emotionally open to others.

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and perspectives?
I am Presbyterian.

What did you do last Friday?
I saw a movie with my husband and went for a long drive afterwards, delving deep into existential/intellectual discussion and debate.

Few more questions:

What does "logical" mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view?

I think 'logical' relates to well thought out reasoning. And I would think that is how most would define it.

What do you think of instructions? Do you use them? Could you write an instruction manual? If so, what type of instruction manual would you most likely write?

Instructions are necessary sometimes. I refer to them for the basics and then figure it out from then onwards on my own. I think I could write instructions based on a step by step process.

Please explain: "Freedom is in complying with the laws, but not in ignoring the laws"? Do you agree with the statement? Why?

What this statement seems to elicit is that freedom is found in obeying the law and not defying it. I think if someone wishes to ignore the law, then it means they do not agree with it. In such a case, they ought to be less passive and seek to reform it. So in a way, I do agree with the statement. Don't ignore a law if you can help change/rid of it, through compliance of the law. Take legal action. If the law does not permit this, then the only freedom is in rebellion. And rebel, you should.

Tell us how about consistent you are?
I am consistent when I think it is important.

You need to put your home library in order. How do you feel about this activity?
I would enjoy it.

B]How will you approach this task?[/B]
Alphabetically by author and genre, so it's easier to find a certain book.

How do you feel if you didn't finish some work? Does it ever happen? What are the reasons?
I don't like unfinished work. It bothers me until it is done. I think rest is earned when something is seen to completion.

When you work and someone tells you: "You don't do it right." What is your reaction?
I would be open to their suggestion. If I disagree, I would say so, explain why and if they cannot convince me otherwise, I would carry on with with what I prefer.

There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?

I admit to probably feeling jealous and try my hardest to match them. If that fails, I will feel angry at myself and useless.

When you have to ask someone else to help you with the task, how do you feel?

I would feel annoyed with myself but if the task needs to be done, I will put my feelings aside and do what is necessary to accomplish it.

You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?

I would first weigh up the chances of it being viable. Then go about researching information about materials, measurements etc.

What is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?

Beauty is an object aesthetically pleasing. It is also subjective. I think my opinion of beauty is unconventional and doesn't always fit with the commonly accepted notion. I'm not sure how to answer the last question, since I think this depends on the person.

How do you pick your own clothes? Do you follow fashion? Why? Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?

I look at what would suit my body type/ accentuate my best features. Then I would consider comfort which would be the ultimate deal breaker. I don't really follow fashion, my purchases depend on what I think is attractive. No, I'm not good at dressing others.

How do you cook? Do you follow recipes? What do others think of your skill?

I follow the basics and then improvise/incorporate my own flavourings.

Are you good at color patterns and mixing them and matching?

I think I usually am. Sometimes I get it very wrong, though. Trial and error, really.

If someone is telling you what is beautiful and what is not, what goes with what color and what is not, do you agree with this person?

If I think the person advising is more knowledgeable in the particular area than I am, then I will take it into consideration.

Tell us how you'd design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?

I do it myself. My kind of decor is very urban/simple.

What is incursion? How do you deal with this? Can you repulse? How easy can you do it?

I meet it head on. I am very comfortable in such situations. I do not back down.

Describe your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?

I'm the strongest in times of opposition. I think this is when I'm the most detached, cold and unmoving. I push back when I am provoked but usually I just don't budge. Someone can push with all their might but it won't do much.

Give us your understanding of love. Can you love and punish at the same time?

Love is putting someone's needs before your own and having that same attitude reciprocated. In terms of parenting, yes. Discipline is part of loving them - raising decent human beings requires teaching them consequences.

How do you know what attitude among people is right or wrong?

When it effects themselves and others negatively.

Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction? Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you give a person the silent treatment? How easily do you forgive people?

I ignore it, if they are being passive aggressive (which I hate). If they are upfront, I respect their forthrightness and seek to resolve (if they are important to me). When there is no resolution, I will cut them out. I do not do silent treatments, I confront. Very little is accomplished with passive aggressive behaviour. As much as I deny this, the truth is, I don't easily forgive people. If there is no rational explanation for their behaviour, I hold a mean grudge.

Is it acceptable to express emotions? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.
It depends on the context. If someone wells up with emotion all the time over insignificant things such as a cute puppy or someone else's sob story, I find it annoying. However, if it is over a heart ache, a lost loved one, an engagement, an accomplishment etc. then I would very much think it appropriate to express sorrow or elation.

How do you express negative emotions? What does it look like? What do others think about it?
I get angry. I yell, I snap. It's not pleasant at all. People disperse when this happens (the older I get, the more rare it is). They think I become terrifying. I find this rather embarrassing.

Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally?

No.

Do you track what mood you are in throughout the day? Do you notice the mood of others?

Hm, not really. I think I'm not very good at noticing other people's moods. I always miscalculate.

Do you like surprises?

Most of the time, no. If it's a gift, then I appreciate it.

Is it true that whatever happens is only for the best?

No. Life is unpredictable and unfair. You can put in your best and reap the worst of it. But what determines your best is how you handle that.

What do you think of horoscopes, fortune telling etc.? Do you believe in luck, lucky fortuity?

I use to be very intrigued by the occult. As a child I delved into it because I wanted so much to know my future. Now I don't pay any attention to it. I don't believe in luck. I admit to having very vivid dreams that have come true down to the very last detail.

Can you forecast events? Is it even real?

As I mentioned in the prior answer, I have forecast events. But I think it was my subconscious picking up on past and current patterns and predicting how upcoming events would unfold.

Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? What if you don’t know when it is supposed to happen?

Yes, if I know what to expect. If I don't, I contemplate likely outcomes. I don't stress over it though.

Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?

I think I'm very good at this on my own. I do trust them.

Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?

I don't like being late and I dislike tardiness in others. Having said that, I prepare for others to be late and base my timeframe on this expectation. So if we agree on 10:30am meeting, depending on this persons past behaviour, I will base the agreed time with half an hour window. I will expect them to see them at the place by 11am.

Imagine the situation where you agreed to meet with someone. Your feelings and actions: a) 20 minutes before the meeting starts, b) 5 minutes before the meeting starts, c) it is time for the meeting to start, but the person is not here, d) 20 minutes after the meeting start time and the person is not here, e) more time and the person is still not here…

20 minutes before the meeting: I will probably be driving, feeling at ease.
-5 minutes before the meeting: Feeling anticipation.
-the person isn’t there: Annoyed. Gracious if they cancel (so long as other plans are not interrupted) because it means more time for myself.
-20 minutes after the meeting time: I feel glad to have met up. And may replay the meeting for a few minutes for analysis.
-more time…: Very annoyed but keep my cool. Text to see if they will be arriving soon.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.