Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i am new to this community and seek aid. I don't understand which if my final letter. I have much inner conflict which makes me believe i am an INFP as their dominate function is introverted feeling. I have a strong morale compass, in regards to my personal beliefs. I do not necessarily believe in good and evil however, which is entirely based on what society deems to be right or wrong or what you as an individual believe to be right or wrong. I have taken personality test on 3 different occasions all of which were 16 personality test, Human metrics, and Personality Hacker. All these tests provided me the type INFJ. I agree that most of it sounds like me in regards to me being an emotional absorbent, careful, passion for planning things out, and deep thoughtful insights(which leads clarity to my life). I am to understand though i have a massive amounts of personal conflict. I see many quality of both types in me, here are some examples. INFP: wants harmony with self, guided by personal beliefs and feelings towards them, tries to satisfy everyone, somewhat passive aggressive when someone goes against my beliefs, has great sympathy for those whom are hurt. INFJ: Emotionally absorbent, good with empathy because i literally see myself through their eyes and feel like i understand them instantly, can instantly sense the other parties motives no matter how they try to hide it, loves to do list and having a plan/organized, undoubtedly impatient due to anxiety about every detail the world throws at me, and finally am a solid perfectionist.
Please resourceful people of this community help me to resolve this inner conflict. Am i an INFP whom has attached INFJ qualities to my belief system or am i an INFJ whom has an intangible inner conflict.
Much appreciation Nolan. (also know i might not respond forgive me as i am shy . This does not mean however i do not appreciate your input. I came to this site reading post before 95% of this community has bright, well-informative answers.)
Thanks to those whom have given me your time.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Philosopher N, welcome :), I am new too.

All NF types have a very intense value system. The way they think is to compare any decision they make with their values. For NT types, it is what works or efficient.

J vs P is really based on rules and whether to work into the rules or your mind needs to break free of them. The J types tend to find rules comforting for the most part until they wish to make more rules or amend them if they are not. Ps types on the other hand tend to be more open to believe rules are not all that important. Yes, they will conform to the rules but it not really a consideration when deciding on things in life.

NFPs have difficult to firmly deciding on things due to this. They dream and they explore. Best way to describe them is the explorers. Imagine yourself in a ship. You see endless water and you are looking for shore. If the journey to you sounds exciting with heart pumping adrenaline? Then you are INFP. If however, the journey is not as exciting as getting to the destination of land and thinking of how you would survive, build and craft whilst on the island, then you are an INFJ. INFJ excel at making things a reality. INFPs are the dreamers that can potentially see problems with reality.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts