Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how to handle negative criticism, or just flat out negative comments, without a speck of positive comment in them?

Flashback

I just finish taking part one of my English CST and decided to go out and take a walk around the school. I decided to walk to the cafeteria in hopes of finding some friends to chat with before part two of the testing period. Luck was on my side, because as I got closer, I noticed a few of my friends chatting. Walking up, I said "Hi" and we ended up talking about the test. Around half of the friends I had there finish the test with at least an hour to spare (they may have had more), and embarrassed I only said I toke it slow(I had 20 minutes to spare). It was natural for them to finish fast due to the fact that they spent most of their lives forced into studying and I spent mines day dreaming. Also the fact that they can mange AP (Advance Person) classes while I spend time in "normal" class, helps. (The half that finishes fast and well)

Around here is where the rude comment came in. My friends know that I'm in normal classes, so one of them commented, "Well, (My name) You can't do well no matter how hard you try." With that comment echoing in my head, I soon went back to class to take Part 2 of the test.

Flashback ends

Well afterwards I mange to finish the CST test well, but I was distracted part of the second half, and rushed a bit more. The reason being that half of the test I heard those words over and over. I know that he meant it as a joke, that's the way he is. I annoy him at times as well by talking to him about crazy theories on how things work, or the way the world show be. I was just wondering how do you handle negative comments?

P.S Thanks for reading :happy:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Mumm...tell it like it is. If someone feels comfortable enough to express their true awful thoughts you should also feel entitled and comfortable enough to express your true thoughts and feelings. When someone makes a comment like that, how does it make you feel? Say it out loud! If it were me, I would think that the comment that your friend made deserves a straight out "fuck you" even if it was apparently just a joke.

·
Banned
656 Posts
You can't let what others think of you affect you. Believe me I dislike bullies that put people down, but this is life, and you need to learn to shrug things off!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts