Personality Cafe banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kinda new to this but me and my friends were talking about it and I came to the conclusion that he would be an INFP anyone else care to give me some insight?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Hum. Blank emotional expressions. Dull movements. Always saying, "Woah."
Well some people are not that expressive. I can't imagine Neo being all expressive as a character.

Reactions: Malkovich

·
Registered
816 Posts
INTP/ISTP.

He doesn't like to talk much and is definitely solitary, so could be ISTP. They tend to be men of few words.

But then again he did all that hacker shit before he signed on with Morpheus which seems more up an INTP's alley than an ISTP.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I am voting for INTP as well. ;]
He is too 'unemotional' for an INFP, furthermore his hacking abilities and great interest in Computers (The Matrix itself is a huge computer program, so…) sound more like INTP.

His 'otherworldly fighting abilities' are of an iNtuitive nature, very reminiscent of Eastern Culture and Philosophy (Meditation, Yoga etc.), that's why I think he is more of an Introverted INtuitive than Sensor.

·
Registered
18,509 Posts
INFP. He's idealistic and his logic is not based on Ti but Te. There's a reason he's silent and it's because he's an INFP type 5w6 so/sp. He's not an Fe type and this becomes obvious when we compare him to someone such as the Oracle or Morpheus, both Fe types. Then we see how Neo's ethics is internal because he doesn't change them when the social environment changes but they are stable throughout. He also doesn't base his ethics on more abstract and general standards like Morpheus. Morpheus strongly believes in having faith, but notice the impersonal nature of this ethical idea. It is not about him having faith or finding having faith important, but instead the standard is externally derived.

Also, he's not an ISFP. Merovingian's wife is though. Look at the difference in bite. Neo is softer. He judges people based on their potential he sees in them aligned with Ne cognition. We can also discern his Si the way he fights. Neo isn't very physically imaginative that you see in Se types. Instead his fighting relies on repeating known and old patterns.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I am convinced now, ephemerality.
The last days I have pondered whether he is not actually an INFP - your explanation of why he is seems profound and … simply right. :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Not infp, I don't think, but the scene at the end of the first movie is very Fi. He just HAS to save Morpheus. He doesn't have a NF feel to him though; he is very cold unlike most NF types. Even though most, trans-formative heroes tend to be INFP, you don't really get that with Neo. INFPs are fragile and have very sensitive emotions. Neo is strong-willed and competitive; not something that is common among INFPs. You can tell he has very strong Fi values, but those are often overshadowed by his other functions.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
I was watching this last night and I don't see strong Ti in Neo. But I also don't see super strong Fi, either. (Except that whole "I don't believe in fate, because I like to think I'm in control of my own life" bit -- that sounds more like Fi than Ti, who would at least consider that fate is a POSSIBILITY.) Neo is... hard to type. If he's an INFP, he's a pretty dead-head one. If he's an INTP, he's a pretty close-minded one.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.