Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you like it when someone talks nerdy to you? I am a huge nerd. I can quote every stargate episode and if you're lucky I can tell you the episode name and season, how bout them apples? I think it's a Huge turn on when guys are nerdy, because we can speak the same llanguage (no I don't mean klingon however I do speak a bit of ancient, goul'd and some nabari, Nuianon quaties ik abdamu). Girls do you also find this appealing? Guys, do you find nerdy gils appealing?

Also, just because I can.

Farscape Stargate -Parody -

And

You know you want to watch it now! Muahahah! My evil plan is working!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
My nerdism is the only thing I have going for me.

Nerdy girls are awesome, as long as they're healthy nerdy and not like World of Warcraft nerdy.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
I don't look nerdy, but inside, I am a massive database of nerdy materials. I TV Trope, I speak Latin (translating songs out loud as I hear them on the radio), post here, and I know more about guns that many police officers. Nerdy girls are appealing, so long as the nerd factor isn't the main thing keeping us together.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
<---- Is a nerd.

Will only go after other nerds.

If he can write me a love poem using sci fi quotes I may have to marry him.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
^If my hypothetical girl can't tell the diference between the PPs41, PPsh43, the AK-47, the AKM, the AK-74, and the AK-100's, I'm putting her in crash training. This also includes being able to converse in basic, grammatically correct Latin.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
oh yes, it's very important for a girl to know my favourite weapons, real life and otherwise.

She also has to know my preferred buylist on T's in dust2 so I can get her to play the beginning of the round while I take a piss (and people say romance is dead...)

And if she can't rocketjump... well then she's hopeless.

Reactions: CordiINTJ

·
Registered
305 Posts
Roses are red, violets are blue, I wish to exchange hadrons with you.: Awesome.

We can either talk about Quantum physics, or just skip the small talk and head back to my place - Awesome. Use it.

Wanna reproduce? - Use at your own risk.

As for me, I love yaoi/slash fiction. You can tell by my avatar.

·
Registered
619 Posts
We can either talk about Quantum physics, or just skip the small talk and head back to my place - Awesome. Use it.
You kind of made me melt on that one....I would prefer to talk about quantum physics, though. (Has no knowledge over it.)
I wish I were adenine because then I could get paired with U. :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
I do have to say, it's tricky even being with someone who appreciates you as a nerd too. When I played WoW, I used to feel ridiculously guilty at times. I would cancel entire evenings playing the game for her, and she would be like "Why? Go have fun!" but it'd be ridiculously difficult at times. If I brought some guests over for gaming, she would have her time away from me for a bit and understand, and ever so often jump on my lap while I play Street Fighter or some nonsense.

I'm at odds with my nerdiness, because I also enjoy parties and fooling around outside, but I get quite the gaming craving at times. It's tricky being a "balanced" geek, and to keep all your obsessions in place and in control. It's very easy to fall into a pattern of comfort, especially with someone who understands and loves you for your quirkiness. I think a good thing is to find a way to be "nerdy" about your significant other so that she too, like everything else becomes a part of your pursuit of imagination. I think I spent weeks just learning what kind of sex toys she'd be interested in and what kind of frisbees she would like to throw around at the park. (Yes, in that order.) X3

It's fun to learn her quirks and find out which buttons do what. Screw the instruction manual.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Nerds are hot. Period. If I can get into a "discussion" (aka debate aka argument) with you about who you would rather have on your team, Buffy or Captain Reynolds (Mal. Duh.), which one is better, Star Wars or Star Trek (mmm....like em for different things), Which Pokemon is your favorite (Ninetails. :laughing:), how you would survive the zombie invasion, etc. than I'm happy! The most attracted I've ever been to a guy was when I was dating an ENTJ, and we would talk for HOURS about the most random crap. It was amazing. We had both learned morse code as kids, so we would tap messages to each other in the lecture hall about the new Dr Who episode, or how time travel really only works going forwards and not backwards if you're going with Einsteins theory of relativity. *sigh* I was in heaven. :laughing:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I. Love. Nerds. (CLEARLY). <3

Hey, baby. If I could be an enzyme, I'd be helicase so I could unzip your genes/jeans.

You're harder than my homework, but I'd do you right away.

"Take a look in my pants and I'll show you why they call it the PlayStation."

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
"Cool hunters" have subjugated nerd, and its now a sub-category of hipster. Somewhere along the way it became the next kewl new thing to be a nerd. Most self-professed nerds are.. not. Actual intelligence and substance is definitely a turn-on, but this posing and posturing nonsense where they just do it for image is pretty corny. I have seen some people online with serious girl-on-the-internet syndrome where they not only have to keep reminding everyone they are female, but they also try to be 'down' with whatever 'nerdy' trends in video games, science, whatever.. but all I see is this:

Caption: I am doin it rite???

:tongue::crazy:

1 - 20 of 273 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.