Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
'sup?

Here is a cognitive functions test - one you can check for yourself, using the information in the spoiler at the bottom.
Do the questionnaire first. Be honest with yourself.

If you need help or want other peoples opinions etc, feel free to copy-paste the whole thing, create your own thread and comment on how much you do or don't relate to the phrases.

The simplest way to do this, is to simply pick one single phrase from each functions section that resonates THE MOST with you - the one that is most natural, for better or worse - the way you feel 'by default'.. and then rank the functions in order of preference, an example of this is in the spoiler at the bottom.

Of course, you could even copy-paste the whole thing, make your own thread, and write up why you do or don't resonate with each phrase, for other people to chime in and help you out - this could be an excellent idea, as it might expose your understandings of the phrases to be inaccurate or incomplete, which will allow people an opportunity to help you better understand things and accurately find your type.

***I take no credit for these phrases, they are taken from a Facebook post, I believe they are from a book by Linda Berens however I don't know which book exactly this is, as it wasn't cited.***

Enjoy.

JUDGING FUNCTIONS

Introverted Thinking (Ti):

I am energised by analyzing different angles and I develop clear understandings of topics key principles using logical consistency.

I quickly analyze how to improve even complex systems.

I enjoy learning theories and problem-solving, and as I've grown up I have come to appreciate developing basic frameworks to understand principles.

Although I may want to have a greater objective understanding of things, I see logical analysis as lacking in personal connection.

I can be stubborn about adopted, and potentially over-simplified models, frameworks or understandings.

I may be critical about principles, or get stuck in learned frameworks.

I may ignore principles until stressed out, and then follow misleading models.

I can have extremes of ignoring clearly defined theories or adopting dogma.

Extraverted Thinking (Te):

I take a systematic approach to life, creating order where there is none. I structure my thoughts and things using logic and objective measures of success.

I am great at keeping track of time, re-structuring what isn't working, and curbing emotions in order to reach goals.

I enjoy practical diagrams and data overviews, as I've grown up I have come to appreciate time management and emotional control.

Although I may want to be more efficient, I find it difficult to stick to schedules.

I can be stubborn with regards to the way things should be organised.

I may be critical about, or just about immobilized by lack of order and structure.

I may ignore signs of inefficient order, and waste time trying to organise things when stressed.

I can have extremes of highly subjective logic, and be prone to over-organising things and personal attacks.

Introverted Feeling (Fi):

I automatically weigh significance of everything, differentiating and comparing relative worth and meaning to my inner values.

I easily recognise what is important to myself and others, I am excellent at detecting phonies and deception.

I enjoy examining my inner values and acting on my own goals or causes that I deem worthwhile.

Although I have strong beliefs that I think are right for everyone, I sometimes don't really weigh up how important these beliefs are to myself.

I sometimes may insist on certain values, and ignore how other people react to this.

I may be critical about my own, and other peoples personal beliefs to the point I get stuck on them.

I may start rigidly sticking to my belief system under stress in hope of success.

I can have extremes of living out of limiting beliefs or not valuing anything as important at all.

Extraverted Feeling (Fe):

I easily tune in to others needs, I recognise shared values and form harmonious connections. I validate, nurture, mentor or take care of others.

In group settings, I create a sense of harmony and easily maintain relationships.

I enjoy connecting with others and making them comfortable.

Although I may feel responsible for others feelings, I sometimes struggle to find the right thing to say and can be perceived as being insensitive because of this.

I sometimes may refuse to accept the effect I have on others, or the affect they have on me.

I may criticise group values and rebel against them.

I may ignore other peoples opinions and be disappointed by them when under stress.

I can have extremes of indifference about how others feel about myself, or of feeling unloved.

PERCEIVING FUNCTIONS

Introverted Sensing (Si):

I know and accurately recall past details with tremendous ease, I am a storehouse of information, I carry past traditions on in order to secure the future.

I easily recall relevant past data and find discrepancies, I enjoy traditions and like to learn from my role models.

I enjoy researching interesting history and familiar sights, smells and tastes. As I've grown up, I've develop an appreciation for keeping traditions.

Although I may want to keep reliable records, I become overwhelmed by details. At times, I experience moments of 'romantic nostalgia'.

I can be stubborn about my memories, and how I believe they link to the present moment.

I may focus more on negative past experiences, rather than positive ones.

I may insist on tradition, but worry about insecurity. I may repeat rituals when stressed.

I can have extremes of either ignoring the past, or getting stuck in it.

Extraverted Sensing (Se):

I am amazingly present, in tune and in-sync with my immediate environment and the people in it, I quickly move for immediate results.

I easily pick up environmental and people cues, and I enjoy fast pace and action.

I am aware of physical surrounding and facts, as I've grown up I have come to enjoy and appreciate sports and/or other physical recreational activities.

Although I may need tangible, real-world facts, I become overwhelmed by them.

I can become stubborn and insistent on my own facts, which can result in me resisting to go with the flow.

I may get caught up in facts and the present moment, so much so that I act impulsively.

I may misread reality and take impulsive action under stress.

I can have extremes of either overindulging food and sports, or doing nothing.

Introverted Intuition (Ni):

I have a sense of knowing what the future will bring, I receive premonitions and behave accordingly.

I use insights to achieve goals, I see complete solutions and automatically know what to do.

I enjoy imagining and conceptualizing, as I grow up I have become drawn to the mystic and symbolic.

Although I may be drawn to fulfill a dream of the future, I generally focus on the here and now - sudden insights seem to come to me out of nowhere.

I can be stubborn about my own insights, and I can also insist on something not happening.

I may feel immobilized by negative premonitions.

I may ignore signs that a vision is actually not working out the way I thought it would, and end up disappointed.

I can have extremes of taking wrong symbols as guideposts for life or resisting evidence of transformation.

Extraverted Intuition (Ne):

I have a remarkable ability to generate interpretations of ideas, follow possibilities and spread an atmosphere of change.

I like to explore multiple options and am able to relate seemingly unrelated ideas. I trust my imagination.

I enjoy imaginative connections, I notice hidden meanings in things, as I've grown up I've learnt to be more welcoming of and open up to meaningful coincidences.

Although I may want to see the hidden meanings in things or 'read between the lines', I may not want to spend the time it takes to formulate them.

I can be stubborn about recognising hidden meaning and connections.

I may get off track with interconnections, and resist or be overwhelmed by other peoples multiple suggestions.

I may ignore nuances and misinterpret situations when under stress.

I can have extremes of over-reading negative implications or intentions where there are none.

---

The simplest way is to really focus on which single phrase you've selected as the one that resonates the MOST with you, out of each set of phrases - this will help you to get a feel for where abouts each cognitive function is, in your stack.

Don't me overly concerned by discrepancies - they're natural, normal, not everyone is a carbon-copy cut-out of dodgy function descriptor blogs - if you, like me, find that your auxiliary function appears to be being bypassed - this is brilliant and will give you something to really think about and consider, as it's likely being repressed, and then you can work on developing it and yourself to become the best possible version of yourself that you can be.

An example of using this to gauge your type would be as follows, using myself as an example:

Most resonant phrases:

Ti: "I enjoy learning theories and problem-solving, and as I've grown up I have come to appreciate developing basic frameworks to understand principles." - 3rd in the list, therefore 3rd function - tertiary.

Te: "I may ignore signs of inefficient order, and waste time trying to organise things when stressed." - 7th in list, ergo 7th function.

Fi: "I sometimes may insist on certain values, and ignore how other people react to this." - 5th.

Fe: "Although I may feel responsible for others feelings, I sometimes struggle to find the right thing to say and can be perceived as being insensitive because of this." - 4th.

Si: "I can have extremes of either ignoring the past, or getting stuck in it." - 8th.

Se: "Although I may need tangible, real-world facts, I become overwhelmed by them." - 4th.

Ni: "I have a sense of knowing what the future will bring, I receive premonitions and behave accordingly." - 1st.

Ne: "I can be stubborn about recognising hidden meaning and connections." - 5th.

This is how I would advise others to do it - pick one phrase from each functions section that's the absolute best fit, in complete and utter honesty - and then rank the functions in the order you selected, so mine would look like Ni, Ti, Fe-Se, Fi-Ne, Te, Si.

Although for Fe and Se I selected the 4th phrase as most accurate, and for Fi and Ne I selected the 5th phrase as most accurate, it's clear to see the overarching pattern of preference order - everything else lines up relatively well - dominant Ni, tertiary Ti, inferior Se, and even the shadow functions correlate very well to my preferred function stack.

Useful information, in a spoiler so as to save space:

The 8 functions in each type:

The pictures I stole everything from, are right here:

·
Banned
375 Posts
I left only those I relate to and gave a score from 1 to 5 on how strongly.

Section 1:

I have a sense of knowing what the future will bring, I receive premonitions and behave accordingly. 3-4

I have a remarkable ability to generate interpretations of ideas, follow possibilities and spread an atmosphere of change. 3

I automatically weigh significance of everything, differentiating and comparing relative worth and meaning to my inner values. 3

Section 2:

I am great at keeping track of time, re-structuring what isn't working, and curbing emotions in order to reach goals. 2-3

I easily pick up environmental and people cues, and I enjoy fast pace and action. 2

I use insights to achieve goals, I see complete solutions and automatically know what to do. 3

I like to explore multiple options and am able to relate seemingly unrelated ideas. I trust my imagination. 3-4

Section 3:

I enjoy practical diagrams and data overviews, as I've grown up I have come to appreciate time management and emotional control. 4-5

I enjoy researching interesting history and familiar sights, smells and tastes. As I've grown up, I've develop an appreciation for keeping traditions. 3-4

I enjoy imagining and conceptualizing, as I grow up I have become drawn to the mysic and symbolic. 5

I enjoy imaginative connections, I notice hidden meanings in things, as I've grown up I've learnt to be more welcoming of and open up to meaningful coincidences. 5

I enjoy examining my inner values and acting on my own goals or causes that I deem worthwhile. 4

Section 4:

Although I may want to be more efficient, I find it difficult to stick to schedules. 4

Although I may want to keep reliable records, I become overwhelmed by details. At times, I experience moments of 'romantic nostalgia'. 4

Although I may need tangible, real-world facts, I become overwhelmed by them. 4

Although I have strong beliefs that I think are right for everyone, I sometimes don't really weigh up how important these beliefs are to myself. 3

Although I may feel responsible for others feelings, I sometimes struggle to find the right thing to say and can be perceived as being insensitive because of this. 2

Section 5:

I can be stubborn about adopted, and potentially over-simplified models, frameworks or understandings. 4

I can be stubborn with regards to the way things should be organised. 3

I can become stubborn and insistent on my own facts, which can result in me resisting to go with the flow. 2

I can be stubborn about recognising hidden meaning and connections. 2

I sometimes may insist on certain values, and ignore how other people react to this. 4

I sometimes may refuse to accept the effect I have on others, or the affect they have on me. 3

Section 6:

I may be critical about, or just about immobilized by lack of order and structure. 3

I may feel immobilized by negative premonitions. 4

I may get off track with interconnections, and resist or be overwhelmed by other peoples multiple suggestions. 2

I may be critical about my own, and other peoples personal beliefs to the point I get stuck on them. 4

I may criticise group values and rebel against them. 3-4

Section 7:

I may ignore principles until stressed out, and then follow misleading models. 1-2

I may ignore signs of inefficient order, and waste time trying to organise things when stressed. 4

I may insist on tradition, but worry about insecurity. I may repeat rituals when stressed. 4

I may misread reality and take impulsive action under stress. 4

I may start rigidly sticking to my belief system under stress in hope of success. 2-3

I may ignore other peoples opinions and be disappointed by them when under stress. 1

Section 8:

I can have extremes of ignoring clearly defined theories or adopting dogma. 3

I can have extremes of highly subjective logic, and be prone to over-organising things and personal attacks. 2-3

I can have extremes of either overindulging food and sports, or doing nothing. 4

I can have extremes of over-reading negative implications or intentions where there are none. 1

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Mez - I added in a spoiler, how to check it for yourself - but the ones you most relate to are, in order (where there are larger numbers).

Dominant Ni, Ne and Fi.
Auxiliary Ne, Ni, Te, Se.
Tertiary Ni, Ne, Te, Fe, Si.
Inferior Fi, Si, Se, Te, Fe.
Opposing Ti, Fi, Te, Fe, Si, Ne.
Critical Parent Ni, Fi, Fe, Te, Ne.
Deceiving Te, Si, Se, Fi, Ti, Fe.
Devilish Se, Ti, Te, Ne.

Overall, I would suggest a preference for the Te-Fi axis, and the Ne-Si axis.

Possibilities therefore, would be: ESTJ or ENFP - slightly controversial, as you didn't list Fi in the auxiliary position.

If you're an ESTJ, you would be a little out of touch with your auxiliary function Si, and that's okay and perfectly normal.
If you're an ENFP, then you are severely out of touch with your Fi.

An alternative possibility, is INTJ, as you relate to dominant Ni, auxiliary Te, tertiary feeling (not Fi, but, there's no real proof the tertiary function is indeed the same direction as the dominant function anyway), and inferior Se.

INTJ slightly falls apart, considering you also relate to the functions associated with ISFP - dominant Fi, auxiliary Se, tertiary Ni and inferior Te.

Are you under any kind of stress or something at the moment, that might be affecting how you perceive yourself?
There would also be a case for INFP.

If you had to pick just one from each section, what would you pick?

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I did the same as above did and ranked in numbers from 1 (lowest) to 5 (highest)

Section 1:

I am energised by analyzing different angles and I develop clear understandings of topics key principles using logical consistency. 2?

I take a systematic approach to life, creating order where there is none. I structure my thoughts and things using logic and objective measures of success. 3

I know and accurately recall past details with tremendous ease, I am a storehouse of information, I carry past traditions on in order to secure the future. 3

I am amazingly present, in tune and in-sync with my immediate environment and the people in it, I quickly move for immediate results. 4

I have a sense of knowing what the future will bring, I receive premonitions and behave accordingly. 4

I have a remarkable ability to generate interpretations of ideas, follow possibilities and spread an atmosphere of change. 3

I automatically weigh significance of everything, differentiating and comparing relative worth and meaning to my inner values. 2

I easily tune in to others needs, I recognise shared values and form harmonious connections. I validate, nurture, mentor or take care of others.2

Section 2:

I quickly analyze how to improve even complex systems. 3

I am great at keeping track of time, re-structuring what isn't working, and curbing emotions in order to reach goals. 3

I easily recall relevant past data and find discrepancies, I enjoy traditions and like to learn from my role models. 3

I easily pick up environmental and people cues, and I enjoy fast pace and action. 4

I us insights to achieve goals, I see complete solutions and automatically know what to do.4

I like to explore multiple options and am able to relate seemingly unrelated ideas. I trust my imagination. 2

I easily recognise what is important to myself and others, I am excellent at detecting phonies and deception. 4

In group settings, I create a sense of harmony and easily maintain relationships. 2

Section 3:

I enjoy learning theories and problem-solving, and as I've grown up I have come to appreciate developing basic frameworks to understand principles. 4

I enjoy practical diagrams and data overviews, as I've grown up I have come to appreciate time management and emotional control. 4

I enjoy researching interesting history and familiar sights, smells and tastes. As I've grown up, I've develop an appreciation for keeping traditions. 3

I am aware of physical surrounding and facts, as I've grown up I have come to enjoy and appreciate sports and/or other physical recreational activities. 3

I enjoy imagining and conceptualizing, as I grow up I have become drawn to the mysic and symbolic. 3

I enjoy imaginative connections, I notice hidden meanings in things, as I've grown up I've learnt to be more welcoming of and open up to meaningful coincidences. 4

I enjoy examining my inner values and acting on my own goals or causes that I deem worthwhile. 2

I enjoy connecting with others and making them comfortable. 2

Section 4:

Although I may want to have a greater objective understanding of things, I see logical analysis as lacking in personal connection. 2

Although I may want to be more efficient, I find it difficult to stick to schedules. 5

Although I may want to keep reliable records, I become overwhelmed by details. At times, I experience moments of 'romantic nostalgia'. 5

Although I may need tangible, real-world facts, I become overwhelmed by them. 2

Although I may be drawn to fulfill a dream of the future, I generally focus on the here and now - sudden insights seem to come to me out of nowhere. 4

Although I may want to see the hidden meanings in things or 'read between the lines', I may not want to spend the time it takes to formulate them. 5

Although I have strong beliefs that I think are right for everyone, I sometimes don't really weigh up how important these beliefs are to myself. 4

Although I may feel responsible for others feelings, I sometimes struggle to find the right thing to say and can be perceived as being insensitive because of this. 3

Section 5:

I can be stubborn about adopted, and potentially over-simplified models, frameworks or understandings. 1

I can be stubborn with regards to the way things should be organised. 4

I can be stubborn about my memories, and how I believe they link to the present moment. 2

I can become stubborn and insistent on my own facts, which can result in me resisting to go with the flow. 3

I can be stubborn about my own insights, and I can also insist on something not happening. 5

I can be stubborn about recognising hidden meaning and connections. 3

I sometimes may insist on certain values, and ignore how other people react to this. 4

I sometimes may refuse to accept the effect I have on others, or the affect they have on me. 4

Section 6:

I may be critical about principles, or get stuck in learned frameworks. 2

I may be critical about, or just about immobilized by lack of order and structure. 3

I may focus more on negative past experiences, rather than positive ones. 4

I may get caught up in facts and the present moment, so much so that I act impulsively. 3

I may get off track with interconnections, and resist or be overwhelmed by other peoples multiple suggestions. 2

I may be critical about my own, and other peoples personal beliefs to the point I get stuck on them.2

I may criticise group values and rebel against them.1

Section 7:

I may ignore principles until stressed out, and then follow misleading models. 4

I may ignore signs of inefficient order, and waste time trying to organise things when stressed. 2

I may insist on tradition, but worry about insecurity. I may repeat rituals when stressed. 2

I may misread reality and take impulsive action under stress. 3

I may ignore signs that a vision is actually not working out the way I thought it would, and end up disappointed. 4

I may ignore nuances and misinterpret situations when under stress. 2

I may start rigidly sticking to my belief system under stress in hope of success. 2

I may ignore other peoples opinions and be disappointed by them when under stress. 4

Section 8:

I can have extremes of ignoring clearly defined theories or adopting dogma. 1

I can have extremes of highly subjective logic, and be prone to over-organising things and personal attacks. 3

I can have extremes of either ignoring the past, or getting stuck in it. 4

I can have extremes of either overindulging food and sports, or doing nothing. 5

I can have extremes of taking wrong symbols as guideposts for life or resisting evidence of transformation. 1

I can have extremes of over-reading negative implications or intentions where there are none. 4

I can have extremes of living out of limiting beliefs or not valuing anything as important at all. 5

I can have extremes of indifference about how others feel about myself, or of feeling unloved. 4

·
Registered
370 Posts
Fi:3
Ni:2
Fe:2
Ne:1

This was a good questionnaire, but I am becoming more cognizant of the fact that my internal biases must be factoring into things such as typing, making it rather difficult to self-type. I do quite enjoy this questionaire, and I will use it on family and friends in the future :)

·
Banned
375 Posts
@Mez - I added in a spoiler, how to check it for yourself - but the ones you most relate to are, in order (where there are larger numbers).

Dominant Ni, Ne and Fi.
Auxiliary Ne, Ni, Te, Se.
Tertiary Ni, Ne, Te, Fe, Si.
Inferior Fi, Si, Se, Te, Fe.
Opposing Ti, Fi, Te, Fe, Si, Ne.
Critical Parent Ni, Fi, Fe, Te, Ne.
Deceiving Te, Si, Se, Fi, Ti, Fe.
Devilish Se, Ti, Te, Ne.

Overall, I would suggest a preference for the Te-Fi axis, and the Ne-Si axis.

Possibilities therefore, would be: ESTJ or ENFP - slightly controversial, as you didn't list Fi in the auxiliary position.

If you're an ESTJ, you would be a little out of touch with your auxiliary function Si, and that's okay and perfectly normal.
If you're an ENFP, then you are severely out of touch with your Fi.

An alternative possibility, is INTJ, as you relate to dominant Ni, auxiliary Te, tertiary feeling (not Fi, but, there's no real proof the tertiary function is indeed the same direction as the dominant function anyway), and inferior Se.

INTJ slightly falls apart, considering you also relate to the functions associated with ISFP - dominant Fi, auxiliary Se, tertiary Ni and inferior Te.

Are you under any kind of stress or something at the moment, that might be affecting how you perceive yourself?
There would also be a case for INFP.

If you had to pick just one from each section, what would you pick?
I'll try to redo your test once I'll be back home. But I wanted to mention that I'm often accused of being forgetful of concrete data, like names, addresses, phone numbers, locations, birthdays, holidays, as well as tend to be very bad with remembering information which other people told me. Also I tend to forget human faces and their names very easily after our first meeting. Then again rather than "forgetting", I don't even record them to begin with.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thank for this - I agree with the fact that typing now can get really hard, as bias creep in and over-complicating everything becomes a real issue. New questionnaires like these are really nice to have, although still slightly transparent.

Also, @Turi - you identify as INFJ now? Did this test help you re-type from INTJ? If so, I am intrigued by this more. (Don’t worry about my intrusive questioning nor answering it; I am just thinking with my fingers right now).

———————

Section 1:

I am energised by analyzing different angles and I develop clear understandings of topics key principles using logical consistency. 3-4

I take a systematic approach to life, creating order where there is none. I structure my thoughts and things using logic and objective measures of success. 3

I know and accurately recall past details with tremendous ease, I am a storehouse of information, I carry past traditions on in order to secure the future. 4

I am amazingly present, in tune and in-sync with my immediate environment and the people in it, I quickly move for immediate results. 2

I have a sense of knowing what the future will bring, I receive premonitions and behave accordingly. 4

I automatically weigh significance of everything, differentiating and comparing relative worth and meaning to my inner values. 4

I easily tune in to others needs, I recognise shared values and form harmonious connections. I validate, nurture, mentor or take care of others. 2-3

Section 2:

I quickly analyze how to improve even complex systems. 4

I am great at keeping track of time, re-structuring what isn't working, and curbing emotions in order to reach goals. 3

I easily recall relevant past data and find discrepancies, I enjoy traditions and like to learn from my role models. 4

I easily pick up environmental and people cues, and I enjoy fast pace and action. 2

I us insights to achieve goals, I see complete solutions and automatically know what to do. 5

I like to explore multiple options and am able to relate seemingly unrelated ideas. I trust my imagination. 4

I easily recognise what is important to myself and others, I am excellent at detecting phonies and deception. 5

In group settings, I create a sense of harmony and easily maintain relationships. 2-3

Section 3:

I enjoy learning theories and problem-solving, and as I've grown up I have come to appreciate developing basic frameworks to understand principles. 4

I enjoy practical diagrams and data overviews, as I've grown up I have come to appreciate time management and emotional control. 2-3

I enjoy researching interesting history and familiar sights, smells and tastes. As I've grown up, I've develop an appreciation for keeping traditions. 3

I am aware of physical surrounding and facts, as I've grown up I have come to enjoy and appreciate sports and/or other physical recreational activities. 3

I enjoy imagining and conceptualizing, as I grow up I have become drawn to the mysic and symbolic. 4

I enjoy imaginative connections, I notice hidden meanings in things, as I've grown up I've learnt to be more welcoming of and open up to meaningful coincidences. 3

I enjoy examining my inner values and acting on my own goals or causes that I deem worthwhile. 2-3

I enjoy connecting with others and making them comfortable. 3

Section 4:

Although I may want to have a greater objective understanding of things, I see logical analysis as lacking in personal connection. 4

Although I may want to be more efficient, I find it difficult to stick to schedules. 3

Although I may want to keep reliable records, I become overwhelmed by details. At times, I experience moments of 'romantic nostalgia'. 2-3

Although I may need tangible, real-world facts, I become overwhelmed by them. 3-4

Although I may be drawn to fulfill a dream of the future, I generally focus on the here and now - sudden insights seem to come to me out of nowhere. 3

Although I may want to see the hidden meanings in things or 'read between the lines', I may not want to spend the time it takes to formulate them. 3

Although I have strong beliefs that I think are right for everyone, I sometimes don't really weigh up how important these beliefs are to myself. 1

Although I may feel responsible for others feelings, I sometimes struggle to find the right thing to say and can be perceived as being insensitive because of this. 4

Section 5:

I can be stubborn about adopted, and potentially over-simplified models, frameworks or understandings. 4

I can be stubborn about my memories, and how I believe they link to the present moment. 4

I can become stubborn and insistent on my own facts, which can result in me resisting to go with the flow. 4

I can be stubborn about my own insights, and I can also insist on something not happening. 5

I sometimes may insist on certain values, and ignore how other people react to this. 3

I sometimes may refuse to accept the effect I have on others, or the affect they have on me. 3

Section 6:

I may be critical about principles, or get stuck in learned frameworks. 4

I may be critical about, or just about immobilized by lack of order and structure. 2

I may get caught up in facts and the present moment, so much so that I act impulsively. 1

I may feel immobilized by negative premonitions. 5

I may get off track with interconnections, and resist or be overwhelmed by other peoples multiple suggestions. 4

I may be critical about my own, and other peoples personal beliefs to the point I get stuck on them. 3

I may criticise group values and rebel against them. 3

Section 7:

I may ignore principles until stressed out, and then follow misleading models.2

I may ignore signs of inefficient order, and waste time trying to organise things when stressed. 2

I may insist on tradition, but worry about insecurity. I may repeat rituals when stressed. 4

I may ignore signs that a vision is actually not working out the way I thought it would, and end up disappointed. 4

I may ignore nuances and misinterpret situations when under stress. 5

I may start rigidly sticking to my belief system under stress in hope of success. 3

I may ignore other peoples opinions and be disappointed by them when under stress. 1

Section 8:

I can have extremes of ignoring clearly defined theories or adopting dogma. 2

I can have extremes of highly subjective logic, and be prone to over-organising things and personal attacks. 5

I can have extremes of either ignoring the past, or getting stuck in it. 2

I can have extremes of either overindulging food and sports, or doing nothing. 4

I can have extremes of taking wrong symbols as guideposts for life or resisting evidence of transformation. 3

I can have extremes of over-reading negative implications or intentions where there are none. 5

I can have extremes of living out of limiting beliefs or not valuing anything as important at all. 2

I can have extremes of indifference about how others feel about myself, or of feeling unloved. 4

———————

Not sure what this says about myself, honestly. I seem to have slightly strange stacks, according to this, heh.

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,560 Posts

This was a good questionnaire, but I am becoming more cognizant of the fact that my internal biases must be factoring into things such as typing, making it rather difficult to self-type. I do quite enjoy this questionaire, and I will use it on family and friends in the future :)
Same here, I was reluctant to using questionnaires around the initial times I used them, because I realized I might think that my answers are indicative of my real self, but what if I didn't even know that I was accidentally overthinking it and making false claims?

By the way, I noticed you are type 4w3, @spaceynyc is type 5w4 and I am type 4w5 enneagram. Hmm, it might be a stretch but I wonder if having type 4 enneagram means anything in terms of this specific situation.

Either way, thanks @Turi for the new questionnaire. I will give it a try!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Same here, I was reluctant to using questionnaires around the initial times I used them, because I realized I might think that my answers are indicative of my real self, but what if I didn't even know that I was accidentally overthinking it and making false claims?

By the way, I noticed you are type 4w3, @spaceynyc is type 5w4 and I am type 4w5 enneagram. Hmm, it might be a stretch but I wonder if having type 4 enneagram means anything in terms of this specific situation.

Either way, thanks @Turi for the new questionnaire. I will give it a try!
thats a good connection you spotted because I read something recently that Enneagram 4's have a hard time figuring out their own image.. that could very well be the reason it's so hard for us to self type. I still wonder from time to time if I am an Enneagram 4w5 instead lol.

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,560 Posts
The simplest way, is to simply pick one phrase from each section that resonates with you *the most*.
This whole typology thing is about *preferences* not skills, so pick the one single phrase that seems to be the most natural option for you, from each section.
Hi Turi. I don't know if this is a dumb question, but how exactly do I score myself? From the instructions above, it looks like I am supposed to pick the # that I relate to the most in each section (can only be 1 answer for each section). However, it seems that some people are ranking every question in each section. Is there a correct way, are there multiple ways? Not criticizing anyone's method, just really wondering what I am supposed to do haha.

Anyway, here's what I did:

Functions pertaining to sections 1-8, based on order of response chosen:
1 Fi
2 Ne
3 Ne
4 Si
5 Ni
6 Si
7 Ne
8 Ne

Count of functions chosen:
Fi 1
Ne 4
Si 2
Ni 1

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Turi. I don't know if this is a dumb question, but how exactly do I score myself? From the instructions above, it looks like I am supposed to pick the # that I relate to the most in each section (can only be 1 answer for each section). However, it seems that some people are ranking every question in each section. Is there a correct way, are there multiple ways? Not criticizing anyone's method, just really wondering what I am supposed to do haha.

1 Fi
2 Ne
3 Ne
4 Si
5 Ni
6 Si
7 Ne
8 Ne

Fi 1
Ne 4
Si 2
Ni 1
If I read it right the first is you dominant, 2nd response is your 3rd and so on. So if I'm right it means you're INFP.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Section 1:

I am energised by analyzing different angles and I develop clear understandings of topics key principles using logical consistency.

I take a systematic approach to life, creating order where there is none. I structure my thoughts and things using logic and objective measures of success.

I know and accurately recall past details with tremendous ease, I am a storehouse of information, I carry past traditions on in order to secure the future.

I am amazingly present, in tune and in-sync with my immediate environment and the people in it, I quickly move for immediate results.

I have a sense of knowing what the future will bring, I receive premonitions and behave accordingly.

I have a remarkable ability to generate interpretations of ideas, follow possibilities and spread an atmosphere of change.

I automatically weigh significance of everything, differentiating and comparing relative worth and meaning to my inner values. - I'm having trouble picking one from this section, because none of them seem to fit too well. But I guess if I'd have to pick, I'd choose this one and maybe the one below.

I easily tune in to others needs, I recognise shared values and form harmonious connections. I validate, nurture, mentor or take care of others.

Section 2:

I am great at keeping track of time, re-structuring what isn't working, and curbing emotions in order to reach goals.

I easily recall relevant past data and find discrepancies, I enjoy traditions and like to learn from my role models.

I easily pick up environmental and people cues, and I enjoy fast pace and action.

I us insights to achieve goals, I see complete solutions and automatically know what to do.

I like to explore multiple options and am able to relate seemingly unrelated ideas. I trust my imagination.

I easily recognise what is important to myself and others, I am excellent at detecting phonies and deception. xx

In group settings, I create a sense of harmony and easily maintain relationships.

Section 3:

I enjoy learning theories and problem-solving, and as I've grown up I have come to appreciate developing basic frameworks to understand principles.

I enjoy practical diagrams and data overviews, as I've grown up I have come to appreciate time management and emotional control.

I enjoy researching interesting history and familiar sights, smells and tastes. As I've grown up, I've develop an appreciation for keeping traditions.

I am aware of physical surrounding and facts, as I've grown up I have come to enjoy and appreciate sports and/or other physical recreational activities.

I enjoy imagining and conceptualizing, as I grow up I have become drawn to the mysic and symbolic.

I enjoy imaginative connections, I notice hidden meanings in things, as I've grown up I've learnt to be more welcoming of and open up to meaningful coincidences.

I enjoy examining my inner values and acting on my own goals or causes that I deem worthwhile. xx Choosing this moreso for the second half of it than the first.

Section 4:

Although I may want to have a greater objective understanding of things, I see logical analysis as lacking in personal connection. xx

Although I may want to be more efficient, I find it difficult to stick to schedules.

Although I may want to keep reliable records, I become overwhelmed by details. At times, I experience moments of 'romantic nostalgia'.

Although I may be drawn to fulfill a dream of the future, I generally focus on the here and now - sudden insights seem to come to me out of nowhere.

Although I may want to see the hidden meanings in things or 'read between the lines', I may not want to spend the time it takes to formulate them.

Although I have strong beliefs that I think are right for everyone, I sometimes don't really weigh up how important these beliefs are to myself.

Although I may feel responsible for others feelings, I sometimes struggle to find the right thing to say and can be perceived as being insensitive because of this. - Definitely don't agree with this one.

Section 5:

I can be stubborn about adopted, and potentially over-simplified models, frameworks or understandings.

I can be stubborn about my memories, and how I believe they link to the present moment.

I can become stubborn and insistent on my own facts, which can result in me resisting to go with the flow.

I can be stubborn about my own insights, and I can also insist on something not happening.

I sometimes may insist on certain values, and ignore how other people react to this. - This seems like a close second.

I sometimes may refuse to accept the effect I have on others, or the affect they have on me. xx

Section 6:

I may be critical about, or just about immobilized by lack of order and structure.

I may get caught up in facts and the present moment, so much so that I act impulsively.

I may feel immobilized by negative premonitions. xx

I may get off track with interconnections, and resist or be overwhelmed by other peoples multiple suggestions.

I may be critical about my own, and other peoples personal beliefs to the point I get stuck on them. - Another close second.

Section 7:

I may ignore signs of inefficient order, and waste time trying to organise things when stressed.

I may insist on tradition, but worry about insecurity. I may repeat rituals when stressed.

I may ignore signs that a vision is actually not working out the way I thought it would, and end up disappointed. xx

I may start rigidly sticking to my belief system under stress in hope of success.

I may ignore other peoples opinions and be disappointed by them when under stress.

Section 8:

I can have extremes of highly subjective logic, and be prone to over-organising things and personal attacks.

I can have extremes of taking wrong symbols as guideposts for life or resisting evidence of transformation.

I can have extremes of over-reading negative implications or intentions where there are none.

I can have extremes of living out of limiting beliefs or not valuing anything as important at all. - Maybe another close second?

I can have extremes of indifference about how others feel about myself, or of feeling unloved. xx

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Thanks for giving it a shot, I know people are bias, and this makes it difficult.
To combat this, I've updated the questionnaire and put it into sections - each section pertaining to a cognitive function, and it is all completely out in the open as to what function each section is getting at.

I believe the new version will be clearer and easier to use, give it a shot?

@Turi

1.)Fe
2.) Fi
3.) Ni
4.)Se
5.) Se
6.) Si
7.) Se and Fe (couldn't choose between two)
8.) Si and Se (couldn't choose between the two)
Thanks for giving it a shot, I've updated the questionnaire, it should be easier to follow along with now.
From these results I would suggest a very hesitant ENFJ typing, I'd be keen to see how you go with the updated version.
It really should be far more simplistic.

Just pick one phrase from each section that you relate to.
The order goes straight from dominant function down to the devilish function, so it will be easy to put in the right order - and it's okay if it doesn't work out perfectly with any cognitive function stack, just post up your results here and we'll be able to help out.

I included an example as well so you can see what I mean.

Thank for this - I agree with the fact that typing now can get really hard, as bias creep in and over-complicating everything becomes a real issue. New questionnaires like these are really nice to have, although still slightly transparent.

Also, @Turi - you identify as INFJ now? Did this test help you re-type from INTJ? If so, I am intrigued by this more. (Don’t worry about my intrusive questioning nor answering it; I am just thinking with my fingers right now).
Like I've told others via PM, don't be fooled if I switch from INFJ. I definitely prefer INFJ.
I'm shift into denial mode occasionally and want to tear the INFJ stereotypes apart, for reasons I can't really express.
I already knew I was an INFJ before coming across the inspirations for this quiz, but yes, it does further support it - if only because it feeds into my mental images of the judging functions.

I know I prefer Ni dominant and Se inferior. The judging functions have kind of thrown me for a little while, but I do prefer the Fe-Ti axis, and I likely repress my Fe at times so I suppose I can come across more like Ni-Ti, as I would rank my Fe the same level as my inferior Se.
I know this is just me being critical of myself though, I think I've proven all throughout my life that Fe is my dominant judging function and asides from shifting into douche mode occasionally, I know this is also proven through my posts on this forum.

If you ever see me shift from INFJ, know that I'm essentially just trying on a different hat, and might be speaking from that hats perspective.
The 'real me' absolutely prefers INFJ. I can perspective shift way too well though and can easily imitate and provide insight into other types by doing this.

ANYWAY. I don't want to make this thread another question Turis type thread.[/quote]

———————

Section 1:

I am energised by analyzing different angles and I develop clear understandings of topics key principles using logical consistency. 3-4

I know and accurately recall past details with tremendous ease, I am a storehouse of information, I carry past traditions on in order to secure the future. 4

I am amazingly present, in tune and in-sync with my immediate environment and the people in it, I quickly move for immediate results. 2

I automatically weigh significance of everything, differentiating and comparing relative worth and meaning to my inner values. 4

I easily tune in to others needs, I recognise shared values and form harmonious connections. I validate, nurture, mentor or take care of others. 2-3

Section 2:

I quickly analyze how to improve even complex systems. 4

I easily recall relevant past data and find discrepancies, I enjoy traditions and like to learn from my role models. 4

I us insights to achieve goals, I see complete solutions and automatically know what to do. 5

I like to explore multiple options and am able to relate seemingly unrelated ideas. I trust my imagination. 4

I easily recognise what is important to myself and others, I am excellent at detecting phonies and deception. 5

In group settings, I create a sense of harmony and easily maintain relationships. 2-3

Section 3:

I enjoy practical diagrams and data overviews, as I've grown up I have come to appreciate time management and emotional control. 2-3

I enjoy imagining and conceptualizing, as I grow up I have become drawn to the mysic and symbolic. 4

I enjoy imaginative connections, I notice hidden meanings in things, as I've grown up I've learnt to be more welcoming of and open up to meaningful coincidences. 3

I enjoy examining my inner values and acting on my own goals or causes that I deem worthwhile. 2-3

I enjoy connecting with others and making them comfortable. 3

Section 4:

Although I may want to have a greater objective understanding of things, I see logical analysis as lacking in personal connection. 4

Although I may want to be more efficient, I find it difficult to stick to schedules. 3

Although I may want to keep reliable records, I become overwhelmed by details. At times, I experience moments of 'romantic nostalgia'. 2-3

Although I may need tangible, real-world facts, I become overwhelmed by them. 3-4

Although I may be drawn to fulfill a dream of the future, I generally focus on the here and now - sudden insights seem to come to me out of nowhere. 3

Although I may want to see the hidden meanings in things or 'read between the lines', I may not want to spend the time it takes to formulate them. 3

Although I have strong beliefs that I think are right for everyone, I sometimes don't really weigh up how important these beliefs are to myself. 1

Although I may feel responsible for others feelings, I sometimes struggle to find the right thing to say and can be perceived as being insensitive because of this. 4

Section 5:

I can be stubborn about my memories, and how I believe they link to the present moment. 4

I can become stubborn and insistent on my own facts, which can result in me resisting to go with the flow. 4

I sometimes may insist on certain values, and ignore how other people react to this. 3

Section 6:

I may be critical about principles, or get stuck in learned frameworks. 4

I may be critical about, or just about immobilized by lack of order and structure. 2

I may get caught up in facts and the present moment, so much so that I act impulsively. 1

I may feel immobilized by negative premonitions. 5

I may get off track with interconnections, and resist or be overwhelmed by other peoples multiple suggestions. 4

I may be critical about my own, and other peoples personal beliefs to the point I get stuck on them. 3

I may criticise group values and rebel against them. 3

Section 7:

I may ignore principles until stressed out, and then follow misleading models.2

I may ignore nuances and misinterpret situations when under stress. 5

I may start rigidly sticking to my belief system under stress in hope of success. 3

Section 8:

I can have extremes of ignoring clearly defined theories or adopting dogma. 2

I can have extremes of highly subjective logic, and be prone to over-organising things and personal attacks. 5

I can have extremes of either ignoring the past, or getting stuck in it. 2

I can have extremes of taking wrong symbols as guideposts for life or resisting evidence of transformation. 3

I can have extremes of over-reading negative implications or intentions where there are none. 5

I can have extremes of living out of limiting beliefs or not valuing anything as important at all. 2

———————

Not sure what this says about myself, honestly. I seem to have slightly strange stacks, according to this, heh.
This might sound weird but even though you relate to Ni in the dominant and auxiliary positions, it looks like where Ni really is for you is way down in the 6th and 7th positions.

I would suggest you're like an INFP from those statistics, but, I updated the test and it should be easier to follow along with and understand, and I included an example for ease of use as well, give the new one a shot, I really think it'll be more usable.

1 Fi
2 Ne
3 Ne
4 Si
5 Ni
6 Si
7 Ne
8 Ne

Fi 1
Ne 4
Si 2
Ni 1
Hey, sorry for the confusion - I did have different instructions there, then Mez gave it a shot and I realised how messed up the scoring system was, so I changed it, then went to sleep, then I woke up and had a better idea, so I've updated the OP now and it should be easier to follow along with - give it a shot?

Also has an example so you can clearly see how to do it.

The information you've provided here looks like INFP with pretty terrible use of Ne, haha.
I'd try the new one!

Thanks! I had a similar thought. I didn't get the whole exact function stack for INFP downpack, but if I just look at the dom and aux, yes it is Fi, Ne (INFP).
Yeah, I updated the OP, give the new one a shot, it's easier to follow along with.
I think I will go ahead and create a more comprehensive 8 function test at some point, but I'll need to devise a better way of scoring it and include all of the information I have with regards to each function in each position rather than just rely on the one source.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I did the same as above did and ranked in numbers from 1 (lowest) to 5 (highest)

Section 1:

I am energised by analyzing different angles and I develop clear understandings of topics key principles using logical consistency. 2?

I know and accurately recall past details with tremendous ease, I am a storehouse of information, I carry past traditions on in order to secure the future. 3

I am amazingly present, in tune and in-sync with my immediate environment and the people in it, I quickly move for immediate results. 4

I automatically weigh significance of everything, differentiating and comparing relative worth and meaning to my inner values. 2

I easily tune in to others needs, I recognise shared values and form harmonious connections. I validate, nurture, mentor or take care of others.2

Section 2:

I quickly analyze how to improve even complex systems. 3

I easily recall relevant past data and find discrepancies, I enjoy traditions and like to learn from my role models. 3

I easily pick up environmental and people cues, and I enjoy fast pace and action. 4

I us insights to achieve goals, I see complete solutions and automatically know what to do.4

I like to explore multiple options and am able to relate seemingly unrelated ideas. I trust my imagination. 2

I easily recognise what is important to myself and others, I am excellent at detecting phonies and deception. 4

In group settings, I create a sense of harmony and easily maintain relationships. 2

Section 3:

I enjoy practical diagrams and data overviews, as I've grown up I have come to appreciate time management and emotional control. 4

I enjoy imagining and conceptualizing, as I grow up I have become drawn to the mysic and symbolic. 3

I enjoy imaginative connections, I notice hidden meanings in things, as I've grown up I've learnt to be more welcoming of and open up to meaningful coincidences. 4

I enjoy examining my inner values and acting on my own goals or causes that I deem worthwhile. 2

I enjoy connecting with others and making them comfortable. 2

Section 4:

Although I may want to have a greater objective understanding of things, I see logical analysis as lacking in personal connection. 2

Although I may want to be more efficient, I find it difficult to stick to schedules. 5

Although I may want to keep reliable records, I become overwhelmed by details. At times, I experience moments of 'romantic nostalgia'. 5

Although I may need tangible, real-world facts, I become overwhelmed by them. 2

Although I may be drawn to fulfill a dream of the future, I generally focus on the here and now - sudden insights seem to come to me out of nowhere. 4

Although I may want to see the hidden meanings in things or 'read between the lines', I may not want to spend the time it takes to formulate them. 5

Although I have strong beliefs that I think are right for everyone, I sometimes don't really weigh up how important these beliefs are to myself. 4

Although I may feel responsible for others feelings, I sometimes struggle to find the right thing to say and can be perceived as being insensitive because of this. 3

Section 5:

I can be stubborn about adopted, and potentially over-simplified models, frameworks or understandings. 1

I can be stubborn with regards to the way things should be organised. 4

I can be stubborn about my memories, and how I believe they link to the present moment. 2

I can become stubborn and insistent on my own facts, which can result in me resisting to go with the flow. 3

I can be stubborn about recognising hidden meaning and connections. 3

I sometimes may refuse to accept the effect I have on others, or the affect they have on me. 4

Section 6:

I may be critical about principles, or get stuck in learned frameworks. 2

I may get caught up in facts and the present moment, so much so that I act impulsively. 3

I may be critical about my own, and other peoples personal beliefs to the point I get stuck on them.2

I may criticise group values and rebel against them.1

Section 7:

I may ignore principles until stressed out, and then follow misleading models. 4

I may insist on tradition, but worry about insecurity. I may repeat rituals when stressed. 2

I may ignore nuances and misinterpret situations when under stress. 2

I may start rigidly sticking to my belief system under stress in hope of success. 2

I may ignore other peoples opinions and be disappointed by them when under stress. 4

Section 8:

I can have extremes of ignoring clearly defined theories or adopting dogma. 1

I can have extremes of highly subjective logic, and be prone to over-organising things and personal attacks. 3

I can have extremes of either ignoring the past, or getting stuck in it. 4

I can have extremes of either overindulging food and sports, or doing nothing. 5

I can have extremes of taking wrong symbols as guideposts for life or resisting evidence of transformation. 1

I can have extremes of over-reading negative implications or intentions where there are none. 4

I can have extremes of living out of limiting beliefs or not valuing anything as important at all. 5

I updated the questionnaire to be easier to score yourself with now, check it out?

From the information provided here, it looks like dominant Se or Ni (lol), aux Se, Fi or Ni, tert Te, Ti, Ne, inf Te, Si or Ne, opposing Ni, Te, Fi, Fe, critical parent Si or Ni, deceiving Ti, Ni, Fe, devilish Se or Fi.

Okay so even though Se and Fi are the ones you relate to most in the devilish function, I propose that this is likely due to a repression of your auxiliary function, because Si in the critical parent position supports an Se auxiliary conclusion, so it makes sense considering the research you've already done into Se auxiliary.

Inferior Te would support a dominant Fi conclusion, although you only scored yourself a 2 there - I'm curious as to whether you're simply not seeing the Fi in yourself, as it may truly be the 'air you breath' so to speak, so difficult to really identify in yourself.

There are alternatives to be found in this information as well, I'm just combining what you've posted here with what I already know about you. It does look like Se fits, and that you probably shift between healthy use and unhealthy use of it due to not properly applying your introverted judging function to it - which I believe, is most likely Fi.
So I'd suggest ISFP, or ESFP.

But, give the updated quiz a shot, it's easier to follow along with, worth a shot.

Reactions: Rydori

·
Registered
54 Posts
@Turi

Updated version:

Fe - I enjoy connecting with others and making them comfortable.
Ni - I enjoy imagining and conceptualizing, as I grow up I have become drawn to the mystic and symbolic.
Fi - I enjoy examining my inner values and acting on my own goals or causes that I deem worthwhile.
Se - I can have extremes of either overindulging food and sports, or doing nothing.
Si - I can have extremes of either ignoring the past, or getting stuck in it.
Te - I may ignore signs of inefficient order, and waste time trying to organise things when stressed.
Ne- I enjoy imaginative connections, I notice hidden meanings in things, as I've grown up I've learnt to be more welcoming of and open up to meaningful coincidences.
Ti - I enjoy learning theories and problem-solving, and as I've grown up I have come to appreciate developing basic frameworks to understand principles.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Section 1:

I automatically weigh significance of everything, differentiating and comparing relative worth and meaning to my inner values. - I'm having trouble picking one from this section, because none of them seem to fit too well. But I guess if I'd have to pick, I'd choose this one and maybe the one below.

Section 2:

I us insights to achieve goals, I see complete solutions and automatically know what to do.

I easily recognise what is important to myself and others, I am excellent at detecting phonies and deception. xx

Section 3:

I enjoy imagining and conceptualizing, as I grow up I have become drawn to the mysic and symbolic.

I enjoy examining my inner values and acting on my own goals or causes that I deem worthwhile. xx Choosing this moreso for the second half of it than the first.

Section 4:

Although I may want to have a greater objective understanding of things, I see logical analysis as lacking in personal connection. xx

Although I may feel responsible for others feelings, I sometimes struggle to find the right thing to say and can be perceived as being insensitive because of this. - Definitely don't agree with this one.

Section 5:

I sometimes may insist on certain values, and ignore how other people react to this. - This seems like a close second.

I sometimes may refuse to accept the effect I have on others, or the affect they have on me. xx

Section 6:

I may feel immobilized by negative premonitions. xx

I may be critical about my own, and other peoples personal beliefs to the point I get stuck on them. - Another close second.

Section 7:

I may ignore signs that a vision is actually not working out the way I thought it would, and end up disappointed. xx

Section 8:

I can have extremes of living out of limiting beliefs or not valuing anything as important at all. - Maybe another close second?

I can have extremes of indifference about how others feel about myself, or of feeling unloved. xx
This is interesting, from this information, I'd suggest:

Likely an F type, seems Fi at first glance, but you note you definitely do not relate to inferior Fe (can you elaborate on why you don't resonate with that one?), and you do relate to inferior Ti, so I question whether it's truly Fe. Either way, definite preference for F.
Your reasoning for Fi in tertiary almost comes across as Fe.. what causes do you feel you champion, or would like to?

Placing Ni in the 6th and 7th function suggests Ne being as likely in the auxiliary or tertiary positions.
Placing either Fe or Fi in the devilish position is interesting, considering the rest of the post, as it suggests a general preference for Te or Ti as dominant position.

I would very tentatively suggest INFP, all things considered.

I have updated the questionnaire though, and made it easier to follow along with + provided an example of how to score yourself, I'd be keen to see how you self-assess yourself.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@Turi

Updated version:

Fe - I enjoy connecting with others and making them comfortable.
Ni - I enjoy imagining and conceptualizing, as I grow up I have become drawn to the mystic and symbolic.
Fi - I enjoy examining my inner values and acting on my own goals or causes that I deem worthwhile.
Se - I can have extremes of either overindulging food and sports, or doing nothing.
Si - I can have extremes of either ignoring the past, or getting stuck in it.
Te - I may ignore signs of inefficient order, and waste time trying to organise things when stressed.
Ne- I enjoy imaginative connections, I notice hidden meanings in things, as I've grown up I've learnt to be more welcoming of and open up to meaningful coincidences.
Ti - I enjoy learning theories and problem-solving, and as I've grown up I have come to appreciate developing basic frameworks to understand principles.
Cool, so this puts them like this:

Fe -tertiary.
Ni - tertiary.
Fi - tertiary.
Se - devilish.
Te - deceiving.
Ne - tertiary.
Ti - tertiary.

LOL. Tertiary god, that's okay.
Using the functions you listed as devilish (Se) and deceiving (Te), we can narrow this down no sweat.
Placing Se there means you have a preference for Ne-Si.
Placing Te there means you have a preference for Fe-Ti.

Possible types: ENTP, ESFJ, INTP, ISFJ.

Considering the placement of Se and Te, however, I would narrow this list down to either ENTP or ESFJ.
It's definitely possible you're an introverted E type, using function theory.

If you're any of those four types, you might be underestimating your dominant and auxiliary functions.
I'd have a real think about the ones you listed as tertiary, and have a read through the lists and think about which ones you might be undervaluing in yourself to some degree.

Thanks for doing it again, I feel like this way is a lot easier.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts