Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone
So for the longest time I thought I was an introvert, it turns out I'm not. I get energized with social interactions, especially with family and friends, and need external stimulation. I get restless if I am forced to sit in one place for too long. I'm more of a talker than listener as well, and I don't hold back in expressing my thoughts and stuff. I also *should* think before I talk, but it's not something that comes naturally to me. I posted a thread in the "what's my type" section and they said Te was my strongest function, not Ni.
I initially typed myself as INTJ and while it is cool to be an introvert and everything, I'm not.
My friends say I'm stubborn and loud, and so does my family. I also like working in teams due to the collaboration of ideas and I find that when discussing ideas, I come up with my best ideas and need people to bounce ideas off of.
NTJs have a "strong sentimental streak" but are "ashamed to show it" according to the personalitypage description. Yup, that's me. And I was afraid of my feelings for the longest time, but that could be a 5w4 thing.
So yeah, maybe I was wrong and I'm an INTJ or something else after all but ENTJ is what my functions says.

Reactions: MerryMary

·
Registered
842 Posts
I like Starmie more, but welcome to the ENTJ subforum as a new ENTJ.

WAIT! I didn't get a welcoming myself. DISASTER.

I had the same problem as you. I think my Ni and Te showed up as roughly equivalent in those cognitive functions tests, but "Ti" trumped them both. I thought I was an INTP for a while because of that. It just probably turns out that I'm adept at emulating that function. INTJ made more sense, but ENTJ fits the best for me. For a while, I avoided extroverted personality types because I classified myself as an introvert.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like Starmie more, but welcome to the ENTJ subforum as a new ENTJ.

WAIT! I didn't get a welcoming myself. DISASTER.

I had the same problem as you. I think my Ni and Te showed up as roughly equivalent in those cognitive functions tests, but "Ti" trumped them both. I thought I was an INTP for a while because of that. It just probably turns out that I'm adept at emulating that function. INTJ made more sense, but ENTJ fits the best for me. For a while, I avoided extroverted personality types because I classified myself as an introvert.
Haha STARYU ftw
XD
well well, it's a late welcome but welcome then. ^_^
My Te was actually higher than Ni, but then Fi was pretty strong too. i guess it's because i did a lot of introspecting and stuff growing up[part was mandatory, part was voluntary] so my Fi showed up a bit more..i was still extremely afraid of my feelings though. hence the scary emotional outbursts >.> once in a while
ah, i see. well id say my friends are both I and E types..but the ones i connect with the best are ESTJ, INFP, ENTJ, and INTJ. the ENTJ and INTJ are both really similar to me..in terms of our attitudes and the way we think.
i thought i was an introvert bc i didn't like some kinds of parties and am pretty introspective. but "loud stubborn bitch"[said jokingly by one of my friends of course] isn't a way to classify an introvert:tongue:!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Haha STARYU ftw
XD
well well, it's a late welcome but welcome then. ^_^
My Te was actually higher than Ni, but then Fi was pretty strong too. i guess it's because i did a lot of introspecting and stuff growing up[part was mandatory, part was voluntary] so my Fi showed up a bit more..i was still extremely afraid of my feelings though. hence the scary emotional outbursts >.> once in a while
ah, i see. well id say my friends are both I and E types..but the ones i connect with the best are ESTJ, INFP, ENTJ, and INTJ. the ENTJ and INTJ are both really similar to me..in terms of our attitudes and the way we think.
i thought i was an introvert bc i didn't like some kinds of parties and am pretty introspective. but "loud stubborn bitch"[said jokingly by one of my friends of course] isn't a way to classify an introvert:tongue:!
Just wait till mah majikarp evolves.....

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.