Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for the past week or so, I have been much more confident and sure of myself than I have been in pretty much any moment of my life so far. For some reason, something just clicked in my brain when I was feeling depressed one day, and I found myself being much more assertive and happy about myself.

Do you find it common for you to gain confidence slowly over time with any specific thing, or does it happen suddenly, an "Aha!" moment like I experienced?

It just seemed like everything fell into place for me pretty suddenly at that moment, and I felt empowered.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Yeah I had the same thing happen to me also this past weekend. Seems to happen sometimes.

Reactions: Zic

·
Registered
791 Posts
Same thing happened to me too when I rediscovered my integrity after a pretty stressful incident. Now I know to seek my inner truth no matter what situation I may be in. Epiphanies are always nice.

·
Registered
153 Posts
It comes and goes for me.
Its weird how no matter how much I'm complimented (genuinely complimented(c'mon you know I can tell)) I'm still worried about doing something wrong and appearing inept. Then sometimes it'll just click.
Also alcohol helps =P

·
Registered
126 Posts
I remember while I was still captain of my school taekwondo team, I kept feeling rather unsure if I was doing it right. But somehow the feeling went away, and I've learnt to just run with my gut feelings.

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
I've had this happen a number of times, mostly when I was in school. I remember in one class I was very unsure of myself and quite confused, as if my P-function was way out of whack, and I could only gaze at the ideas from afar. But then one day, things sorta inverted and I found myself on the other side of my knowledge. That which I stared at blankly I could now wield as my own. I went from being the quiet kid in class to the kid who couldn't shut up.

I think this can apply to all sorts of scenarios and not just to pedantry.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Something just "clicks" with me and I find this confidence I never knew I could have. For example, I always use to be socially awkward around people I just meant and I never knew what to say. But one day something just "clicked" and I realized that conversations are just a system and systems can be learnt and mastered. Now I have no problem with conversations and it feels great

Reactions: luemb
1 - 10 of 10 Posts