Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi! two days ago, in my college seminar, we received our results from the MBTI test. I came out an extreme INFJ, and upon reading their characteristics I immediately felt a pressure lifted from me; as if someone finally told me who I am after years spent trying to figure out why it is I think this way.

Well, just wanted to post and say hi! I want to know more about fellow INFJ's so please, do tell!

:happy:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Awww yay! So glad to have you one here Mr. Bunny! INFJ's are awesome (most of the time).... Hahaha As long as you don't piss them off over a long period of time only to find them blowing up at ya! You shall find plenty of warth/love in these forums :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
welcome,

i hope you enjoy your time. i am still fairly new here and very much still learning. well again enjoy your time and make some so replies in some threads. it has really helped learning about INFJs and other types(i am just starting to learn about them)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello! I can relate to that feeling of a weight being lifted from you. I only found my type and this forum last week!

After I read the description of INFJ I thought "Great, I can finally stop trying to fit in because it's never going to happen". It was the best feeling in the world.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello! I can relate to that feeling of a weight being lifted from you. I only found my type and this forum last week!

After I read the description of INFJ I thought "Great, I can finally stop trying to fit in because it's never going to happen". It was the best feeling in the world.
oh man I know what you mean, when I found this forum and looked through the posts and especially the "you know you're an INFJ when..." thread, I felt at home!

all of my friends are so different from me, and I just got into college so I've had to be extremely social lately, and I didn't know why I was feeling overwhelmed. now I understand my friends are very extroverted and I just value time by myself. =]

oh, and I noticed there were many males responding, one question:
has anyone thought you were gay? all my friends and even my family believes so

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I am more feminine than other males and have wondered what it would be like to be gay, but I'm definitely attracted to females, so I ignore it. BTW, I don't think I'm gay just because I have thought about it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that actually sounds exactly like me, I used to panic about thinking I was gay and worrying because the thoughts even popped into my head. I have never been attracted to men, but I have always felt different from them. especially my friends.

for example- my friends once came over and bragged about getting hand jobs in the bathroom at the mall..

I was like wtf?! that's so meaningless, it sounds disgusting to me! I worried nights and nights why they were bragging and why I found it repulsive

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
we have a thread on this and it is pretty new.if you have not seen it yet then it might be worthwhile to check out.

sorry i am bad at linking find this thread in the infj section for it. i can't get links to work today for me. "Controversy, ahoy! Sexual Identity and MBTI"

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
we have a thread on this and it is pretty new.if you have not seen it yet then it might be worthwhile to check out.

sorry i am bad at linking find this thread in the infj section for it. i can't get links to work today for me. "Controversy, ahoy! Sexual Identity and MBTI"
haha thanks! i apologize for not noticing

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
First off, welcome. :happy:

Nobody has ever thought that I was gay. I act more T-ish with guys anyway, but I am quite mushy with the opposite sex.

I used to think I was an INTJ. I first tested that way, but it didn't seem right, even though I don't really struggle with thinking objectively. I think I've had a misunderstanding for a while on what it means to be a feeler.

I now think of NFs as having more of a concern with the human condition. I don't really like them being referred to as "dreamers". I think they should DO something for their fellow man and not just get lost in fantasy all day long.

oh man I know what you mean, when I found this forum and looked through the posts and especially the "you know you're an INFJ when..." thread, I felt at home!
all of my friends are so different from me, and I just got into college so I've had to be extremely social lately, and I didn't know why I was feeling overwhelmed. now I understand my friends are very extroverted and I just value time by myself. =]
There are different ennegrams and subtypes of INFJs supposedly, but I am not one that has to struggle that much socially.

I can do fine in soical settings, as long as I am comfortable with everyone present. If there is a large amount of nosy people around, or if people are having a long conversation about mundane things that don't interest me, THEN I can get quite drained.

However, I should point out that this Fe side of me can make me seem quite extroverted at times. I use this to my advantage. (Certain types of) INFJs can often be mistaken for extroverts when they are happy. I joke around with people quite often. I've read that INFJs can tend to do that more than other introverts.

Before you accept that you are "never going to fit it" look deeper into it. Because, believe me, I used to think that I was extremely introverted, but no. I blend in just fine when I need to.

Being introverted is like being left handed. I've been using my "right hand" so much latley that I feel that I can almost train myself to be ambidextrous, which is the way that I would rather have it. My goal is to be as "ambiverted" as I can be. Being an "extreme introvert" is more trouble than it's worth for me.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you make some very good points and you're lucky being social is easy for you.
when i was younger i had no problem being social, i was too social in fact.
i was so "crazy" and "wild" i was always the class clown, but recently that changed slowly over time, and i feel as if every year i become more critical of myself and my self esteem lowers then goes up randomly

·
Registered
946 Posts
Welcome. Always a rarity to see another INFJ guy.

Nope, not gay - and don't really think anyone believes I am. Actually have been told I'm very masculine. I do *not* talk crudely about women, though, as I find it repugnant... however I was fairly promiscuous in my younger days. Very sensitive to select people, and fairly moody.

Yes, it can be hard to be social all the time. I personally tend to stay away from groups, and go for more one on one interaction. I'm often quite content to be alone for fair stretches, until I feel like I'm stagnating. That said, I do have some social skills and people seem to like me.

Lots of interesting information on these boards... stick around. ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks! i'm curious as if to anyone shares one of my weirder traits:
do you get very competitive in sports or just being fit? my friend and i have always been active people, and the older we got the more we got competitive. i can honestly say the only reason i got into being so obsessed with my physical health is because he made me want to be better.

·
Registered
836 Posts
do you get very competitive in sports or just being fit? my friend and i have always been active people, and the older we got the more we got competitive. i can honestly say the only reason i got into being so obsessed with my physical health is because he made me want to be better.
probably the 'J' in you. im not very competitive... but i love working out, and i have been really inspired by my ESFJ friend to stay fit. we spur each other on. lots of workouts, and we try to help each other eat better (girl thing?).

·
Registered
946 Posts
Hmm. I've always tended to go my own path in everything, and not try to judge myself by other people's standards. On occasion I'll see someone do something and say to myself "hmm, I should do that" or.. "wow, I wonder what it would feel like to be ripped" or something like that... then go out and try it for myself. The only person I tend to compete with is myself, usually.

But I think this gets more into motivation than perspective, which seems to be covered better by Enneagram testing rather than MBTI. Have you taken that yet?

Free Enneagram Personality Test

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hey thanks for the link i'm taking it now, and i agree most of the competitiveness i have is against myself, and that's what the working out thing has become for me (mostly b/c i know i'll never catch him-- he's an olympian now). when my friend is gone and traveling europe or training, i usually don't lift but i still run- lifting is a competitive thing for me i guess

EDIT: here are my results? what exactly does this mean lol

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||||| 90%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||||| 78%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||||| 74%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 66%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||| 30%
Type 9 Calmness |||||| 26%

1 - 20 of 21 Posts