Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New here, INTJ?

In high school I thought I was an INTJ, but I feel like my personality has changed in college. I’m still learning about personality types. I’d like to know what others think. I'd appreciate any insight.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I still mainly get INTJ from tests, but not always. I’m unsure with E/I and S/N.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I believe life is a journey for the pursuit of happiness and self-growth. For me, that means having companionship, security, success, new experiences, and lifelong learning as I explore the world. I’m adventurous and a jack-of-all-trades. I have a very large bucket list, half of which I’ve already done. I would like to be an emergency medicine physician that makes contributions to global health.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I won 3 medals at a state medical competition that I was not expecting. I felt ecstatic, because not only had I just won the most medals, it meant I got to go with my friends to compete at internationals in Disney World.

Another time was when I was part of an international medical outreach program in a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] world country. Our hard working leader, who was my boyfriend at the time, suddenly went into vacation mode. Thousands of prescriptions needed to be sorted. It was mayhem, because everyone was doing their own thing. I developed a system to organize it, and I helped the team implement it on the spot. There were many ups and downs, but I loved feeling in charge when there was a lack of leadership. I felt empowered and helpful with a purpose. I’m now vice president and chair of several committees for the organization.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When people know I’ve made a mistake and being socially awkward.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions?
I always think of multiple options, and I try to predict their possible outcomes. I look at the pros and cons. I typically try to choose the most beneficial choice that doesn’t negatively affect anyone.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
I like to have control over the outcome. I set a goal, create a plan to achieve it, and then execute it.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
During a scrimmage in my soccer class I made a hat trick. The fact I was playing soccer with my friends was enjoyable in itself. Everyone telling me how fantastic I was and an overall great performance sure didn’t hurt. I’ve only recently started playing sports, but I am utterly in love with them, especially team sports.

Zip-lining in Guatemala, sailing in Greece, eating in Tuscany, and riding a horse through Icelandic lava fields are great memories. How could you not enjoy yourself doing those things?

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
I’m an information sponge. I would say memorization comes easiest to me. I'm a visual learner when it comes to hands on things.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
I go through periods of having a very organized and very messy room. I spend far too much time planning and scheduling things. I rarely follow through with them as intended, so I make changes accordingly.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I’m always open to new ideas. I would say I do both of the above. I enjoy discussing ideas and theories, but I try to make them practical.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I would say both. I think one can be themselves and follow what you believe in, while still belonging to a given group and making sure everyone is fine.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think before speaking with people I don't know well. If I know them, than I speak before thinking. I prefer small group discussions, like 3 - 4 people. I would pick one-on-one communication over a group larger than 5 people.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I always want to know what I’m jumping into before I do. I believe actions speak louder than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
If I think what they want to do will be fun, than I’d go. I can always watch the show later.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I only get stressed out when I have homework that I have procrastinated. I tend to become quiet and procrastinate even more. I am very calm when it comes to events like a car wreck or someone coding in the emergency room at work.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I dislike arrogant, ignorant, dramatic, closed minded, and extremely confrontational people. I think people get negatively worked up over little things too easily. I prefer looking at how to fix the situation, learn from it, look at the positive side, and move on.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like to talk about anything, except celebrity gossip. I tend to talk about topics I have in common with the other person, the latest thing I’ve learned, my ideas, and whatever my current project is (i.e. my own business, creative writing, my trip to India, etc.).

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
I constantly forget where I put my things. Every day I have to search for my keys and hair brush. I lose my phone or purse every other month.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
My friends perceive me as analytical, objective, practical, logical, absent-minded, focused, diplomatic, independent, competitive, confident, ambitious, reserved, laid back (socially), positive (but not optimistic), and a perfectionist. They think I’m good at planning, organizing, problem solving, and calming their overactive imagination/feelings with my reasoning. They say I think too much about the future and that I'm an enigma from being a bundle of opposites. I've been told I have a look when I "go into my own world" preoccupied by my thoughts. They would never say I’m quick to make a decision, hot-headed, sentimental, open with my feelings, or romantic.

I disagree that I’m not open with my feelings and unromantic. All three of my best friends are feelers and have been in love with me, so that may be why they’ve said that. I don’t share my feelings out of the blue, but I am open if I’m asked how I feel. I think I will be very romantic once I meet the right person.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Realistic: Playing five-a-side soccer with friends, attending a recreational activity class, eating dinner at an international restaurant with friends, watching TV with my family, and ending the night obsessively concocting some plan or system until I fall asleep.

Dream: Helping a community in a foreign country, then going on a group adventure, and finally relaxing with my girlfriend.

Thanks for taking the time to read this! =)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts