Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!

I'm new to the forum, though I have been studying up on personality theories for quite some time (was a Psych major) and have often come across this site and read some great forum posts.

I'm an I/ENFP, I guess, because I seem to flip back and forth between the I and the E, depending on when I take the test. I guess I am pretty evenly divided. The NFP part has never changed, though, and I first took the test 10 years ago, as a teenager. I've tested every few years since then.

One of the reasons that I am so interested in this personality theory system in particular is that I feel I match very well the descriptions of both of these personality types (as I said, a little bit more the I), so I think there is really something that makes sense here....

Strength of preferences: most recent test said I was 25% N, 75% F, and 57% P. So the F is definitely the most pronounced preference that I have.

I work in the arts (theatre design and sometimes acting, teaching art to elementary school kids and filling in the gaps as a children's birthday party entertainer--facepainting, storytelling and puppetry). I have worked in the non-profit sector and in some ways, it fits well, because I am always trying to figure out how I can use my time and talent and energy to help the world, but in many ways it is hard, because when I believe in a cause, it's easy for me to over-extend myself and sacrifice other areas of my life. Probably something I need to check out on an Enneagram test or something, I don't know. At any rate, I mostly stay away from that, now, except for short term projects, but I still dream of how I can help other people in a way that will bring me joy as well. Sometimes I think I would really like to be an expressive arts therapist, and other days I am convinced that I need to find a way to use the arts for social change and community building...anyway, soul searching about my life path right now, but I think I am always doing that.....isn't that fitting with my personality types, too?

Most of my hobbies are in the arts/writing. I do a lot of visual art and write a lot, and I feel I have to, just to keep myself healthy (learned quickly in college that if I did not have at least one creative expression type course per semester, I would simply get miserable! Even though I loved Psychology....ended up getting a concentration in Theatre Arts as well. I love travel and new experiences, love reading and exploring new places....I really like meeting and getting to know a variety of people.

That's probably enough about me for now. Looking forward to getting to know some of you (cyber-space style) through the forums!

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
Welcome to PersonalityCafe!

*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings emu8 and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

We have a facebook style chat that you can enable throughout the site... Just read on how to enable it here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/13046-personality-cafe-facebook-style-chat.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum emu8. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S.

Please tip me 1 gold. I need to buy more coffee! @[email protected]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey :)

That's so cool - I'm an enfp too, though I do sometimes split to Infp because there are a lot of things which I end up keeping to myself. I get really uncomfortable if I can't express myself though, so proboably more of the E.
I do find it pretty interesting how you've changed over the years, I'm just a teenager now, and bout to go off to Uni so I'ma look out for how that effect me :)
It's also quite coincidential that you're involved in theatre - so am I! Two of my best friends are INFPs. I think we get on so well because we're all a bit freakish, but their introversion compliments my extraversion. I have one ENFP friend and we get on really well too - but we can piss each other off because we talk over each other.

Anyways, all that random info aside - hi! :)xx

·
Super Moderator
11,229 Posts
Cyber-space style is quite interesting indeed!

Welcome and Enjoy!:happy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts