Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should probably've posted this before poking around in the INFP forums but better late than never. :)

Personal ~

* Name -
Henrique's my real name but my handle will do -- Demotu.

- Any nicknames?
Gyrum from some other forums. From my gaming days: Triant or Crawd.

* Male/Female/Trans?
Male.

Location - Where were you originally born? Where do you live today? Any interesting story behind that?
I'm Brazilian. Still live in Brazil, although I did live in Canada for a bit and in Mexico for another. I live in Sao Paulo, biggest city in Brazil, which is where I grew up. I was born in Curitiba, which is further down south.

- If you could get up and go anywhere in the world at the present moment, where would you go and why?
Likely back to Toronto (Canada) or London. The two nicest places I ever visited. Both inspire something unique in me, although it's hard to express in words. London, in particular, seems alive and magical in a very odd way. When I first visited, I thought it was because of how old the city is. I visited older places since then and never had the same impression again. Also, I'm a Brazilian who likes cold weather.

Age - How old are you? Do you think you act your age? If not, explain which age you think you resemble most. Do it for the laughs.
I'm 28 years old. I think I act exactly my age, at least in public. I already have some grey in my temples. Internally, though, I hold to some childhood fantasies that earned me some accusations of being immature.

Personal(ity) ~

* What is your Myers-Briggs personality type and for how long have you been reading on personality theory?
I'm an INFP. I read about it a long ago but only developed a real interest recently. I had a hard time facing specifics about myself and didn't take it as seriously as I should have back then.

* What type do you usually test as?
INFP. All my scores usually are well into the I, iN, F and P. My signature shows it a bit.

* What are your favorite and least favorite personality types to be around?
I don't usually go around classifying people. I enjoy like minded individuals (INFPs), INTPs as I learned to live with them and appreciate their blunt and analytical insights.

If you've taken any other personality tests, included but not limited to tests like the Enneargram and Big 5 (SLOAN), what were your results?
I'm a type 2w3 on the Enneagram. Never took Big 5.

Occupation ~

* Employed or Unemployed?
Employed. Currently a Film Buyer at a major cinema theaters chain -- meaning I watch movies for a living and decide what other people will end up watching. :p

What is your education? In college, tell us your major.
Currently finishing my MBA. I graduated in Filmmaking, although I took 3 years of Computer Science before I decided it wasn't for me and changed it all.

What is your dream job?
Writing novels. Unfortunately, I seldom find the time or motivation to do so.

About You ~

* Tell us in a brief paragraph or two how you would describe yourself and what you hope to get out of this forum.

Well. I'm quiet and introspective. It's hard to get to know me, although I'll usually respond with friendliness if you try to talk to me. I'm also perceptive to people going through issues and will go out of my way to help them. I'm impulsive, overly emotional and had to work hard to stop being offended by every criticism leveled at me. I'm now learning how to push people back when they cross into my confort zone. I also tend to withdraw even more when overly stressed. I'm hopelessly romantic, a firm believer that things will work out in the end (although usually not the way we expect them to) and blessed to have things usually working out when it's really crucial for them to.

I'm also a former World of Warcraft addict, something that cost me what I held most dear.

Also, as a curiosity, I suffer from mild Deuteranopia -- a Dichromatic type of Daltonism. I fail badly at telling green and brown apart and, as a consequence, I find forests and nature as a whole boring and ugly to look at. I find snow and deserts beautiful, though.

Other ~

What is your favourite section at the toy-store?
DVDs, if available, or miniatures.

Do you collect anything?
Books and films.

What are your phobias?
Snakes. Like Dr. Henry Jones Jr.

Describe your favourite food until you drool.
Varies on the day. Most of the time, a deliciously prepared pizza. Extra sauce, good amount of cheese, few toppings. With Coke, which is another of my addictions.

Some of the things that you give you jollies?
The feeling of being watched when I should be absolutely alone.

What are your top five pet peeves?

What would a perfect day be like for you?
Lazing around, sleeping a lot and relaxing on a cold weather. Preferably with my laptop and a good internet connection.

Do you prefer a vegetarian or meat diet or both?
Meat, although I learned to appreciate my vegetables.

Other Other ~ Yay or Nay?

God and Souls -
Yay, although not the way people usually portray both.

The Death Penalty
As a general rule, no. You can't give it back if you're wrong. In favor of self-defense.

Premarital Sex
Yes.

People are inherently good
Tricky one. No. I think some people are and some people have to work for it.

Destiny
Yes. I think everyone has a mission to accomplish, although I don't think there's a single path for it.

Done drugs
Nope.

Kissed in the rain
Yes, although I'm more confortable either well into the rain (after the chills are past) or dry.

Re-reading a good book
Many, many times. Yes.

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,102 Posts
Welcome to PersonalityCafe!

*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Demotu and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

We have a facebook style chat that you can enable throughout the site... Just read on how to enable it here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/13046-personality-cafe-facebook-style-chat.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Demotu. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S.

Please tip me 1 gold. I need to buy more coffee! @[email protected]

·
Registered
782 Posts
welcome welcome^_^

1 - 7 of 7 Posts