Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there!

Well, I actually found a pretty neat list to get this introduction thread done, and being an INTJ I just can't resist the urge of using it. Hopefully Res won't mind! (I'd put a link to the source here, but I can't because I have posted less than 10 messages :frustrating: that's the sticky one titled 'You, Me & Everyone Else We Know')

Personal

Name - What do you preferred to be called?
Kirnor will do.

Any nicknames?
No really, it's not a joke: Kirnor is fine.

Male/Female/Trans?
Male, last time I checked.

Location - Where were you originally born? Where do you live today? Any interesting story behind that?
I was born in Switzerland (the French-speaking part), spent most of my life there and I am now living in Manchester (UK). Chances are I will be staying here until 2014 and then I'll be moving out (where to? No idea).

We'd have to define "interesting" to have the best possible answer, but that would be a bit too troublesome, given the circumstances. So I'll go for a short explanation: I am a student, attending classes at the University of Salford.

If you could get up and go anywhere in the world at the present moment, where would you go and why?
Get up and go somewhere? Why on earth would I want to do that? I'm fine with Google, thank you very much.

Age - How old are you? Do you think you act your age? If not, explain which age you think you resemble most. Do it for the laughs.
I'm 21. Seeing that I'm what you could describe as a "lone wolf", that I don't smoke or drink alcohol at all and that I remember what I do during my week-ends, I hardly think I am acting my age, no. Although this statement is based on my interpretation of what our society would say to be "normal". I might be wrong, but I strongly doubt so (if you disagree, by all means, let us discuss!).

Which age I resemble? Since when does a specific age resemble anything? Unless this is a question about stereotypes, please tell me what an "age" looks like, I'd be interested to find out.

If it's about stereotypes, then I guess I might be a "typical INTJ", although I've learned to be sociable. A little bit.

Personal(ity)

What is your Myers-Briggs personality type and for how long have you been reading on personality theory?
I'm an INTJ. I've been reading on this stuff for about two years now (a bit less), although fairly casually. It's fascinating when it makes sense.

What type do you usually test as?
INTJ all the time. Except once, I took a test on a different website (a French translation that I was testing for someone) and got INTP as a result. Then again, my J is fairly weak, and most of the characteristics described for an INTJ apply to me, whereas it's not so much the case with the INTP stuff.

What are your favorite and least favorite personality types to be around?
I've got two close INFP friends (I believe they're also lurking on this forum), my dad is an INFP and I strongly suspect that the person I most recently had a "crush on" was an INFP as well. It might be because I believe I understand them (which I may or may not), but I enjoy the company of those shy INFPs. They stand out of the crowd by being "different", and that makes them interesting people, even if they rarely seem to realise it. Plus we seem to have a lot in common, yet our thinking processes are so different. It's... odd, but fascinating. Love you INFPs <3

I appreciate ISTJs because they can easily pull out the "goofy" part of me, and it's easy to have fun with them. But I can't be around them for too long, because it will give me a headache and, unfortunately, piss me off after a while (let me define 'a while': 2-3 hours is still fine, a whole afternoon is not).

As for the other types, well, I honestly don't know enough of them to be able to pass any judgements on the "personality type" as a whole. Perhaps I'll get to know a wider variety of them as I poke around the forums here... hmm.

If you've taken any other personality tests, included but not limited to tests like the Enneargram and Big 5 (SLOAN), what were your results?
I have, but it was something like one year ago and I have no memory / records of it.

Occupation

Employed or Unemployed?
Full-time university (undergraduate) student.

What is your education? In college, tell us your major.
The bachelor degree is named "Modern Languages, Translation and Interpreting (French & Spanish)".

What is your dream job?
The plan is to become a self-employed translator/interpreter. Perhaps I'll make my own company and get a few associates, perhaps I'll stay on my own. Time will tell; I don't really care either way as long as it all goes smoothly.

About You

Tell us in a brief paragraph or two how you would describe yourself and what you hope to get out of this forum.
Ok, description of myself:
I'm a geek and spend most of my time on the computer, watching movies, reading about stuff (could be anything). I also used to spend a fair amount of time playing games (such as World of Warcraft - that's actually where I met those two INFP friends of mine. There's just no other way of meeting you guys!) but lately, with university and everything, I feel less and less attracted to it. It just becomes... boring.

I am extremely selective of the people I want to do something with (that might be a typical INTJ trait, I dunno). If someone catches my interest, sooner or later I'll try to approach them. I can safely say that I do not want to associate with the vast majority of the people, and therefore my "friends circle" is very, very limited. I like to think that I'm polite and generally helpful when people approach me (you know, those people that are "attracted by the dark and mysterious vibes of INTJs", or even simply those that just happened to be there and were looking for someone to talk to (be it a question, a random comment about the weather, whatever)). If they ask me for something I really can't be arsed to do however, (e.g. going to a party / spending two hours with them to check their French homework), I will make up an excuse to avoid them.

Other than that... "in the real world" I am a listener. I always write walls of text online (oh really?), but when it comes to "talking" I really do very little of that. When I am with someone, I usually try to make them talk by asking questions, picking their brains and such.

What I'm hoping to get out of this forum is hard to say. I'd like to be "part of a community", see what it's like. I strongly suspect that I will think myself out of typing most of the stuff I want to type on this forum, but I'll make an effort and see if I can blend in. We'll see how that goes, heh! Also the MBTI has been on my mind for a long time and it probably will be for a lot longer. There's just no better place to start than this forum.

Other

What is your favourite section at the toy-store?
I've not been inside of a toy-store for more than a decade. Not quite sure what to expect from those places anymore. I'll always smile when I see something overly cute though (and sometimes my twisted mind will come up with creative ways of destroying that cute thing, though I swear that's only occasional!)

Do you collect anything?
Here's a funny concept: this question made me realise that 'friends' could be thought of as a collection. I collect interesting and reliable people, yes!

... other than that, no.

What are your phobias?
I used to have a very strong case of 'Social Anxiety Disorder'. I spoke with a shrink once, and he just confirmed my theory of how to get rid of it. I still experience it every now and then, but it's very rare. (if you don't know what that is, it's pretty much an "unreasonable fear of people")

Other than that, phobias seem to be driven by feelings. In the last couple of years I have had to repress (read: annihilate, though it doesn't seem to be colloquial with feelings) a wide variety of feelings and I suspect that weakened my 'feelings side' a great deal. My thinking/logical side is clearly "in power" now, and that makes little room for phobias (by definition, to my knowledge, a phobia is an "unreasonable fear" of something. The fact that it's unreasonable makes it a lot less likely to happen when your reason is taking most of the place in your head, right?).

Describe your favourite food until you drool.
Food is food. Whatever. I love Japanese, Thai and Indian food but nothing will make me "drool".

Some of the things that you give you jollies?
Websites like "cuteoverload" always manage to bring a smile to my face (bah, can't put the link. Google it and you should find it if you don't know it). Unless I'm not in the mood for silly stuff, in which case... well, there's not much that can be done really.

What are your top five pet peeves?
I'm a very open-minded person. I realise that people are the way they are for a reason, and getting annoyed by stuff (e.g. "someone chewing with their mouth open") will be pointless and will only waste my time, annoy them and bring up problems. Irrelevant problems, at that.

So yeah, some stuff annoys me, but I can't say that I care about it and that seems to mean that I do not have any "pet peeves". People are free to do whatever the hell they want; as long as it doesn't interfere with what I'm doing/thinking, I won't complain.

Do you prefer a vegetarian or meat diet or both?
Both.

Other Other ~ Yay or Nay?

God and Souls Maybe
The Death Penalty In some cases, yay. In others, nay. We'd have to define it if you want to have a clearer answer (and this is not really the place to do that).
Premarital Sex Yay
People are inherently good Not all of them. Some definitely are though.
Destiny Nay
Done drugs Nay
Kissed in the rain Nay
Re-reading a good book Yay

Wow, that's one hell of a wall of text. Took ages to fill in too.

Ah well, at least when I set my mind to going for a post, I give it my "best shot" huh...

Anyway, hello!

Reactions: L'Empereur

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,102 Posts
Welcome to PersonalityCafe!

*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Kirnor and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

We have a facebook style chat that you can enable throughout the site... Just read on how to enable it here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/13046-personality-cafe-facebook-style-chat.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGFOuSaYN1w

Again, welcome to our forum Kirnor. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S.

Please tip me 1 gold. I need to buy more coffee! @[email protected]

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,080 Posts
Thanks for the indepth intro. Nice to meet you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts