Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:ninja:

The ninja face is my version of hello, because I cannot seem to come up with one that doesn't sound stereotypical to me. And being pigeon-holed is the sort of thing that bothers me. Kind of ironic that I'm saying this on a personality type thread. Huh.

Okay, so I probably have to give you some background:

1. I'm a 'new' INFJ (because I am the sort that believes that people can change - even dramatically so)
2. Former INFP. And no, I am not confused. I feel different. I think different. I even process differently. So I'm pretty sure I'm not wasting your time by unwittingly masquerading. I've always had exceptionally high scores of Ni-Ne as well as Fi-Fe. Over the course of the last year, though, Fi has become less and less central to my operation.
3. I've also grown to like order more and more. Something to do with believing that I will not gain much from leaving too many options open and a greater liking for decisiveness.
4. I've diagnosed an INTJ friend as a sociopath once. (He thought it was hilarious. More of a compliment for him than anything)
5. I love food. And strategies. And puppies.
6. I get along with many. Mistaken for an extrovert too often.
7. Though I avoid arguments, I can be sassy with comebacks

I don't want to bore anybody to death, so now, ball's in your court
*throws*

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@OkWhat oh, damn. I was really hoping that my gentle, nurturing INFJ friends would be more welcoming. After all, we're great with affirmations.
Plus, novices don't step into the big arenas rightaway. Unless we're planning to lose miserably

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
@OkWhat oh, damn. I was really hoping that my gentle, nurturing INFJ friends would be more welcoming. After all, we're great with affirmations.
Plus, novices don't step into the big arenas rightaway. Unless we're planning to lose miserably
Trust me, you will be treated like a queen. ENTPs treat INFJs a lot better than other INFJs. :happy:

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
Um, no INFJ is allowed in the ENTP forum until they've reached 15 posts.

Out of caution. ;)

ENTPs are vicious! They'll gobble you up with slyness.

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Welcome to the jungle ehr... um... I mean the forum :)
And sure, we can be friends. I like strawberry cheese cake BTW *wink*

·
PerC Waiter
2,398 Posts
Welcome aboard! Nice to meet ya. I hope you enjoy yourself here, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :happy:

What is it that you enjoy about food and strategies and puppies? Any particular reason these were the things you chose to mention above everything else?

Do you have any interests and hobbies? What are some things you like to do in your spare time?

And also....ahem! *clears throat* Hello and welcome to Personality Cafe! My name's Expy and I'll be your server on this fine day/afternoon/evening/whatevertimeitisforyourightnow. May I take your order? :proud:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Welcome aboard! Nice to meet ya. I hope you enjoy yourself here, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :happy:

What is it that you enjoy about food and strategies and puppies? Any particular reason these were the things you chose to mention above everything else?

Do you have any interests and hobbies? What are some things you like to do in your spare time?

And also....ahem! *clears throat* Hello and welcome to Personality Cafe! My name's Expy and I'll be your server on this fine day/afternoon/evening/whatevertimeitisforyourightnow. May I take your order? :proud:
Whoa, what is up with that awesome rank you have?! I wanna be PerC waiter too someday. (Do you guys get the trendy waiter uniforms?)

Well, what I enjoy about food is that it is always there for you (residual binge eating from my INFP phase)
Puppies... do you need to ask?! They're little fluffy balls of wonder. That can turn vicious when threatened. Like me, hehe.
Strategies, I find, are an excellent way to keep the mind engaged. Better than have neurotic scenario visualizing sessions. (awful way to live. Simply awful, I tell you!)

I READ. I READ LIKE CRAZY. LIKE MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.
I love:
Dancing
Sketching (Not great at either, but steadily improving)
Yoga (infants do it better than me, though. Or logs. Take your pick)
Watching math videos
Psychology enthralls me
I write lots of poetry and constantly write tiny stories
I try to cook and design clothes too.

Reactions: QrivaN

·
PerC Waiter
2,398 Posts
Whoa, what is up with that awesome rank you have?! I wanna be PerC waiter too somebody. (Do you guys get the trendy waiter uniforms?)

Well, what I enjoy about food is that it is always there for you (residual binge eating from my INFP phase)
Puppies... do you need to ask?! They're little fluffy balls of wonder. That can turn vicious when threatened. Like me, hehe.
Strategies, I find, are an excellent way to keep the mind engaged. Better than have neurotic scenario visualizing sessions. (awful way to live. Simply awful, I tell you!)

I READ. I READ LIKE CRAZY. LIKE MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT.
I love:
Dancing
Sketching (Not great at either, but steadily improving)
Yoga (infants do it better than me, though. Or logs. Take your pick)
Watching math videos
Psychology enthralls me
I write lots of poetry and constantly write tiny stories
I try to cook and design clothes too.
Heheheh, I'm honestly starting to forget how I even got it. Been PerC Waiter for almost two years now. :p I suppose you could ask a moderator if you can have a job? And the uniform is super swanky. ^^

What are some of your favorite foods? Anything in particular that you like binging on more than others?
And totally agreed on the puppies! So adorable! <3
What kinds of strategies do you usually think of? And how do you stop the neurotic scenario visualization? ^^;

Cool! What kinds of books do you like to read? Any favorite authors, genres, or series?
I'd love to see some of your sketches and/or read some of your stories/poetry sometimes! Ya know, if you ever feel like sharing. ^^;
What got you into yoga, math videos, and psychology? What interests you about them?
And what kinds of dishes do you cook and clothes do you design? Are you trying to make a career out of either of these, or are they just hobbies?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Heheheh, I'm honestly starting to forget how I even got it. Been PerC Waiter for almost two years now. :p I suppose you could ask a moderator if you can have a job? And the uniform is super swanky. ^^

What are some of your favorite foods? Anything in particular that you like binging on more than others?
And totally agreed on the puppies! So adorable! <3
What kinds of strategies do you usually think of? And how do you stop the neurotic scenario visualization? ^^;

Cool! What kinds of books do you like to read? Any favorite authors, genres, or series?
I'd love to see some of your sketches and/or read some of your stories/poetry sometimes! Ya know, if you ever feel like sharing. ^^;
What got you into yoga, math videos, and psychology? What interests you about them?
And what kinds of dishes do you cook and clothes do you design? Are you trying to make a career out of either of these, or are they just hobbies?
Actually, I'm not that into binging anymore, honestly. Now that my feeling of detachment from my body is more or less vanishing. (Yoga, yoga. All yoga. And dance). I can exert my willpower where I need to and just put an end to it. But I do have a thing for Doritos.

Neurotic scenario visualization ends only when you yell, "BULLSHIT" really hard inside your head. And then there is calm. Strategies... I'm trying to get the hang of chess these days to get better at it.

I'm a self help junkie. I read books on willpower, happiness, lots of Malcolm Gladwell stuff.

Psychology is a natural extension of me. That and Economics. It's like they put two parts of me in subjects. So I make an effort to just get as much information about the two as I can, and keep on reflecting on ways to solve their case studies better. Altered learning abilities affect my whole personality. I have strong Ne. The links keep bouncing.
Cooking is just a hobby. Fashion design, I'm trying to teach myself about cuts and fabric just cos stores these days rip you off and I can't stand it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts