Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If your are eyes are brown and you are marginalized because of it this is a good way of escaping racism if they can improve/check its safety a little. So coming back and laughing at anybody who is racist towards people for having brown eyes. If they focused on developing this technology or even made various colors possible it would be a bit hit/sell on the market I am sure of. One more step forward to people no longer being dictated by ascribed statuses and race becoming irrelevant. I personally wish I could have violet/purple if it were possible. We all choose our eye colors in the future ourselves to reflect who we are as an individual:

·
Registered
INFJ
5,446 Posts
Wow, that's messed up but kind of cool at the same time. I don't think I would get it done. No one is coming at my eyes with a laser! (unless if maybe i am going blind or something.)

·
Registered
782 Posts
We need to ban all colors of eyes except brown and force everyone to get brown eyes at gunpoint. It's obvious that everyone who has non-brown eyes, especially blue eyes, is a racist pig that must be forced to get brown eyes, at gunpoint if necessary. Ah yes, that will eliminate racism and we will finally live in a utopia. After this is done, we should rewrite all trace of non-brown eyes out of history. Anyone who possess accounts of people who have non-brown eyes will face capital punishment for bookcrime, a subset of thoughtcrime, after having all their books burned by firefighters. Now, speaking of eye color, there's one other physical characteristic we should regulate too...

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Meh, you can change the eye color, but not the many genes associated with it. Interestingly (though I guess it shouldn't really be surprising), blue eyes are also associated with different facial features:

Besides, wouldn't this sort of cosmetic surgery promote he idea that white is better than the rest anyway (Northern European specifically in this case)? And if it reflects your personality, does that suggest that there are different personality traits broadly associated with different races with different eye colors? Also, last typo is deliciously ironic, sorry.

Oops, and I forgot to link this: Evo and Proud: Eye color, face shape, and perceived personality traits It's where the image I embedded is from (well, it's taken from the original study, but..), and the eye color of the individual is actually not what affects his or her perceived trustworthiness (it's associated face shape), so you'd need to alter that to eliminate racism, though it seems brown-eyed people did better in this respect.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
This is terrible. Cutting edge lack of respect.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
I think it's great. After it becomes accepted, everyone will get blue eyes and then I wont because I would not do it just because everyone else is doing it.

Then 20 years from now I'll be the rare commodity because I still have brown eyes and everyone has blue eyes.

Reactions: WamphyriThrall

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I really hope this thread is just for trolls...
I can't imagine anyone being this unintelligent.

Reactions: Fumetsu

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I really hope this thread is just for trolls...
I can't imagine anyone being this unintelligent.
But sadly its true. Take for example a mixed person, the only difference from generic "whites" they have is black hair and brown eyes. I do not mean hazel brown. And they can be discriminated against for it, seen as a "minority" compared to the ones born with blue eyes. Hispanic people also face racism just for having black hair and brown eyes, so do south Americans or people from Central Asia/Parts of Eastern Europe close to central Asia. People demand this technology to escape racism. I've read about people who do not want to face racism anymore that want their eye color changed. The ones doing it through implants instead also report better treatment.

Its also good news in the future if people can choose their own looks according to who they are as an individual rather than be enslaved by ascribed social statuses. If eye colors can be changed then the ones put above if they increase in high quantity the oppressors might feel sorry and stop discriminating or it will be seen as pointless eventually. Thus nobody will be discriminated against anymore. If somebody is racist to you for your eye and hair color simply get lasered then come back to laugh at them hard.

Feedback: I would personally want purple, bright orange or gold if the technology to alter pigment improves.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Nice gimmick but eye colour is rarely a cause for racism.
But howcome say Hispanic or other people(eg. Mixed people) who got blue eye transplants reported being treated better? If you experienced any racism or racial profiling for having a brown eye color you could just get laser eye surgery(safer than the transplants if it is fully released) then come back to point your finger and laugh at them. You could even start a blog and write down all the newfound privileges you get from not having brown eyes to prove racism/discrimination. Then everybody will see undeniable evidence for privilege.

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ ♂
18,740 Posts
I wish I had blue eyes, even though I am a Caucasian I often suffer from words of contempt and disparagement.
Yeah, me too...oh wait. I DO have blue eyes! I must be part of the MASTER RACE (so totally not)!

What utter crap! I can't believe eye color makes that much of a difference.

This is just a clever marketing ploy. Since the majority of the world's people have brown eyes, the market favors making brown eyed people feeling inadequate and inferior so they want to change to blue.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
But howcome say Hispanic or other people(eg. Mixed people) who got blue eye transplants reported being treated better? If you experienced any racism or racial profiling for having a brown eye color you could just get laser eye surgery(safer than the transplants if it is fully released) then come back to point your finger and laugh at them. You could even start a blog and write down all the newfound privileges you get from not having brown eyes to prove racism/discrimination. Then everybody will see undeniable evidence for privilege.
Self esteem problems. Nobody actually notices, and probably thought they got a new haircut or some shit when asked if anything was different. Funny how Contact Lenses that do the same thing don't work..... Its just more Michel Jackson bullshit and is literally the same type of process. See how many people respected him, because he turned white said NO ONE EVER!

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It would be great when comes the future all people are judged on their choices instead of ascribed features. I find the current "humanity" of our species and its values "(insert profanity here)-ing" disgusting compared to their paleolithic ancestors. To a point where I would rather distance symbolically myself from it altogether until they show to be better.

Where I cannot be placed/lumped in any box at all according to any ascribed features and judged even though idk what others think I know they do it though which is disgusting, that is the humanity I want. No category but according to our own decisions. I would choose purple, gold or even bright orange therefore. I would rather be called a "thing" even instead by people in life then be judged atleast according to all actions/personality by all people than be given any category according to ascribed stuff. That is true freedom, honestly wouldn't care if that happened from choosing violet/bright orange/gold should the decision be possible. Hopefully it hurries up, whoever comes up with a solution for this will surely make heaps of cash. Maybe a pill if they are smart enough.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
If your are eyes are brown and you are marginalized because of it this is a good way of escaping racism if they can improve/check its safety a little. So coming back and laughing at anybody who is racist towards people for having brown eyes. If they focused on developing this technology or even made various colors possible it would be a bit hit/sell on the market I am sure of. One more step forward to people no longer being dictated by ascribed statuses and race becoming irrelevant. I personally wish I could have violet/purple if it were possible. We all choose our eye colors in the future ourselves to reflect who we are as an individual:

This is only encouraging racism. This is saying "If someone wants to discriminate against you for a physical feature FIX IT". That is saying anyone without blue eyes is the problem and they should fix themselves for being such an annoyance. I dont see how that fixes anything. Secondly this seems stupidly dangerous considering how many people have had eye surgery problems for legitimate needed laser Eye surgery for doing stuff like repairing Vision. BTW I like My Hazel eye color, IF could change anyting it would probobly be my hair but again Im also fine with leaving it. The claim this will stop racism makes no sense. PEople need to think about what they are aucutaully doing before they start claiming it will help things it probobly going to make worse. BTW aside from maybe Nazi Germany where has anyone been persucuted for NOT having blue eyes? In fact in tribal areas like parts of Africa Albinos are thought to evil and crap and are often prosucuted for having white skin and blue/Red eyes. So this logic make NO SENSE

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
This is really messed up, as I've never heard people being discriminated by eye color. Mine are brown and nobody said anything while I lived in Germany. I highly doubt that people from the USA would be that bitchy if this marketing stuff is focused on that country.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thats the most racist thing i seen so far also the first time some i read, who knew you can be racist by not liking someones eye colour.
Than again brown eyes are realy lovley and blue really boring to me, so is this reserve racism than ?

·
MOTM Sept 2014
8,492 Posts
Brown eyes isn't a race.

Also, who is being ascribed inferior status based on having brown eyes? What? I like my eyes. I get many compliments on them, and they're brown.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts