Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I don't know about all of you, but I have been frustrated and disillusioned with the structure and nature of MBTI tests for some time now. Most MBTI tests that are out there are based solely on dichotomies, judging where one falls on the spectrum of vague yet stereotyped traits. From my (extensive) individual personality testing, I haven't come across many tests that are based in cognitive function theory, as they should be.

Therefore, I have created an MBTI test that is rooted in cognitive function theory, which will hopefully provide you with your true MBTI type. With this test, I will assess your 8 function preferences in a 32-question Likert scale format, and provide you with your potential type at the end.

Please keep in mind that this test is in its very early stages of development, so you are all basically my guinea pigs. Therefore, please do not take this test too seriously, and let me know if you have any suggestions or criticisms that could improve this assessment.

After completing the test, please return here and post the type that you think you are and the type that you received. The link is below, enjoy!

https://www.qzzr.com/c/quiz/392759/discover-your-true-mbti-type
I got INTJ which is what I got seven years running before this past year when I started getting INTP (health problems could be why).

I jotted some notes which may or may not be useful:

Question #9 "Solving problems quickly & efficiently...." doesn't convey what kinds of problems: Relationship; practical; abstract: Seems too broad.

Question #13 "Speaking with others I easily follow their logic & sequence of their thoughts...." I have lived with mentally ill, violent people growing up; also, I have worked with mentally ill (COO of an agency); worked for District Attorney's Office, in group homes, runaway shelters. And further, in other exchanges: Stores, for instance, come across those who speak incoherently, randomly, nervous, evasive and so forth.

This question, therefore, seems too broad, especially for those of us with backgrounds--whether home or work--dealing with mentally disordered. We cannot follow their "logic" or their "sequencing" easily, though we get better with time and experience.

Question #24 : I am uncomfortable expressing feelings because they are complex..." I wasn't sure how I would score with "strongly disagree" or "moderately" when my discomfort does not stem from their being complex but rather from a sense of privacy or not trusting the motives of certain persons. I can easily express them with those I trust.

Question #25 : Life is best enjoyed when you soak it all in with each opportunity that arises...

That seems geared toward the very young; also, for many of us who are not just older but more focused on particular goals, this would not be true; again, however, I am not sure my answering "strongly" or "moderately disagree" will give a sound reading.

Question #29 : Predictable behavior creates a stable and dependable foundation for society...

That seems too general; perhaps different wording? War-torn countries have certain predictable aspects: Food shortage; lack of trust; daily confrontation with violence, but it isn't going to make for a dependable society.

Also, "dependable for what, exactly?" Again, perhaps too general--and I may have got a false reading with "Strongly disagree," which considering possible scenarios was what I chose as unlike some tests "skipping questions" or "neutral" were not possible.

just some observations which may, or may not, be helpful or relevant for your goal.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts