Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
'sup guys.

Third one in like three days.
This one is about half-finished, but I'm keen to post it up and see how it goes so far.

My 'MBTI' style Personality Quiz.

I intend to expand on it a fair bit, but I'm kind of hesitant to, as the idea I have in my head would simply take people hours to complete.

Any and all comments/critique etc would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
269 Posts
'sup guys.

Third one in like three days.
This one is about half-finished, but i'm keen to post it up and see how it goes so far.

my 'mbti' style personality quiz.

I intend to expand on it a fair bit, but i'm kind of hesitant to, as the idea i have in my head would simply take people hours to complete.

Any and all comments/critique etc would be greatly appreciated.
esfp.

·
Banned
1,812 Posts
INTP

Overall the test is pretty good so far looking at online quizzes as a whole. I like how you cannot always tell what answer choice is pushing towards a specific type for all of the questions unless you're specifically looking for that. I like it better than the other test of yours that I took, especially since it included a lot of options for indecisive looser like myself who tend to fall in the middle of things, though there's aspects where it could be improved. I couldn't tell, out of curiosity are you focusing your questions on the cognitive functions or dichotomy (or both)?

A couple things that I noted during the test:
a) Asking people's gender during the test is probably going to piss a lot of people off, though I'm assuming you did that for statistical purposes
b) Some of your 3 choice questions could use a 4th choice just to even things out (ie. The question that deals with how the individual deals with possibilities and concepts if you are taking a cognitive function approach; The question regarding theory vs. hands on)
c) Regarding the question about how people see you (Too perfect... or Endearing and Charming), you've forgotten about low self esteem. The answer choices come across as "I'm a narcissist" and "I'm kind of extroverted."
d) The crack a cold one with the boiz was quite amusing, good addition
e) Some of the answer choices are too long
f) There's a typo that I found and it pisses me off because I cannot for the life of me find it again- I only mention it because I'm hoping someone else will see it and tell you where it is.

(Sorry for the long feedback; I'm bored out of my wits and have too much time on my hands at the moment :/)

·
Registered
648 Posts

good test, a couple of questions were tough to answer middle of the road on them.

like the planning question. while I do prefer the concept of planning, I don't like to consciously plan things, I much prefer to let plans just appear in my head suddenly.

·
Registered
385 Posts
The crack a cold one with the boiz was quite amusing, good addition
I quite disagree being the type of person who tends to hate slang and memery like that. And I'm normally very uncritical. I guess cruelly forcing me to choose an option that includes the phrase "cracking open a cold one with the boiz" is where I draw the line.

There's a typo that I found and it pisses me off because I cannot for the life of me find it again- I only mention it because I'm hoping someone else will see it and tell you where it is.
Probably says something about me that I either didn't notice it or don't remember it.

indecisive looser like myself
"looser". Maybe this was the typo you were looking for? :wink:

Anyway

Screenshot_20180111-111846.jpg

·
Registered
648 Posts
I quite disagree being the type of person who tends to hate slang and memery like that. And I'm normally very uncritical. I guess cruelly forcing me to choose an option that includes the phrase "cracking open a cold one with the boiz" is where I draw the line.
lmao

·
Registered
621 Posts
Not bad. The descriptions seem close to how Myers-Briggs defines each item, which is good. I personally prefer to answer on a scale rather than based on choices, because people don't tend to fit 100% into one category or another (regarding the 2-answer questions). For a lot of questions, I felt like I was closer to the middle rather than leaning strongly one way or the other.

I got annoyed with not being able to see how far along I was when taking the test (i.e. how many questions I've answered out of the total amount of questions), but that's obviously not important.

EDIT: Result was INTP.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I got ISTP

Mmm...I think it's due to my focus on "reality". A lot of questions make me feel torn because I'm both interested in ideas/concepts and in reality. I don't like wasting my time imagining things if they're not applicable or realistic. In short, I like philosophical ideas as long as I can use them concretely. If some questions were more focused on "meaning" of things and "future consequences (everything is connected)", It would have been clearer that I'm using dominant Ni.

Well, at least this test got my cognitive functions right.

·
Registered
790 Posts
INTP

I got nothing to say, I'm still sure of me being E and F

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Got ENFJ. At least it got N and F right...

·
Registered
507 Posts
I got ESFP and I'm an ISFP but they use the same functions in slightly different orders. I think I have strong Se (at least it's more obvious than the subtleties of Fi) but am definitely still introverted

·
Registered
80 Posts
(First of all, thank you this quiz got me through a very boring lecture)
I got INFP.
I thought the F/T questions were good.
I also liked the fact that sometimes there were 3 options instead of 2. I'd love to redo it when you're done with it :)

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,560 Posts
ISFJ. Very interesting. I wonder how I got that result. I never got this one before. Have always got ISTJ, INTJ, INFJ, INFP.

@Turi do you mind releasing an "answer key" when you get a chance (in a spoiler), well if you have time and want to? I am curious to see what letters or functions each question was targeting. It's really cool to have the possibility of understanding exactly how we got our result.

Edit: I thought of something. I didn't focus on the quiz 100% all at once. I was multi-tasking (work, playing a game, and then leisurely taking the quiz). I have a hunch that maybe this helps with the user bias problem as it might have made me answer more honestly if I don't remember what I answered in the last question and what is purpose was. OR it could have the completely opposite effect and make my answers more random and not building on top of each other. Hmmm.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
INTP

Overall the test is pretty good so far looking at online quizzes as a whole. I like how you cannot always tell what answer choice is pushing towards a specific type for all of the questions unless you're specifically looking for that. I like it better than the other test of yours that I took, especially since it included a lot of options for indecisive looser like myself who tend to fall in the middle of things, though there's aspects where it could be improved. I couldn't tell, out of curiosity are you focusing your questions on the cognitive functions or dichotomy (or both)?

A couple things that I noted during the test:
a) Asking people's gender during the test is probably going to piss a lot of people off, though I'm assuming you did that for statistical purposes
b) Some of your 3 choice questions could use a 4th choice just to even things out (ie. The question that deals with how the individual deals with possibilities and concepts if you are taking a cognitive function approach; The question regarding theory vs. hands on)
c) Regarding the question about how people see you (Too perfect... or Endearing and Charming), you've forgotten about low self esteem. The answer choices come across as "I'm a narcissist" and "I'm kind of extroverted."
d) The crack a cold one with the boiz was quite amusing, good addition
e) Some of the answer choices are too long
f) There's a typo that I found and it pisses me off because I cannot for the life of me find it again- I only mention it because I'm hoping someone else will see it and tell you where it is.

(Sorry for the long feedback; I'm bored out of my wits and have too much time on my hands at the moment :/)
I'll have to run through it and remove typos. I don't want it to be one of those shitty quizzes full of errors.

That quiz as it stands focuses on both dichotomy and cognitive functions at the same time.
The dichotomy questions of it are solid AF and people will get their true type as far as the dichotomy is concerned, no ifs or buts - if you scored INTP as it is, then you're an INTP re: dichotomy.

The reason is simple, it's not just a generic 'mbti' style dichotomy test, it incorporates every facet preference of Step II into it - so to get INTP, not only did you have to select general I, N, T and P responses, but you've also picked Step II facets that support I, N, T and P as well - i.e initiating over receiving, etc etc - they're all included.

They also have a 'middle' option for people who feel each response is too extreme.
So the dichotomy is solid.

I'm not collecting statistics, asking for gender just alters the names of the following question to reflect who is responding.
I did this so that it's easier to relate to to elicit a more accurate response.

Not bad. The descriptions seem close to how Myers-Briggs defines each item, which is good. I personally prefer to answer on a scale rather than based on choices, because people don't tend to fit 100% into one category or another (regarding the 2-answer questions). For a lot of questions, I felt like I was closer to the middle rather than leaning strongly one way or the other.

I got annoyed with not being able to see how far along I was when taking the test (i.e. how many questions I've answered out of the total amount of questions), but that's obviously not important.

EDIT: Result was INTP.
Yeah.. scales.. eh. I don't like 'em. Maybe I'll add some. I don't know.
The progress bar on that platform sucks, I had it originally, but because I made the questions in random order (and also the choices are in random order for each question as well) the progress bar jumps around like crazy.

Like, if you do question 9, then the random thing skips you to question 20, the progress bar jumps from say 5% to like halfway, then if the next one is question 10, it goes backwards to whatever % question 10 is.
It's ridiculously stupid.

I want that added as well, lol.

I got ISTP

Mmm...I think it's due to my focus on "reality". A lot of questions make me feel torn because I'm both interested in ideas/concepts and in reality. I don't like wasting my time imagining things if they're not applicable or realistic. In short, I like philosophical ideas as long as I can use them concretely. If some questions were more focused on "meaning" of things and "future consequences (everything is connected)", It would have been clearer that I'm using dominant Ni.

Well, at least this test got my cognitive functions right.
If I incorporated generic bullshit such as the 'meaning' of things and 'future consequences/everything is connected' people would find the whole thing easier to game and use it as an ego boost, not to mention that kind of thing makes everybody an Ni dominant.

What would you propose as alternatives?

"I prefer not to bother with 'meanings' - I am unaware of anything deeper than what I am experiencing on the surface and I prefer to accept things at face value, all day, every day" and;

"I don't think about the future, at all, I am convinced that the actions I take right now, will not affect me nor anyone else in the future - there are no consequences for my actions at all that I'm aware of, and if there is, they're certainly not a thought in my simple little 'right here right now, present moment, concrete, tangible, physical reality' head."

ISFJ. Very interesting. I wonder how I got that result. I never got this one before. Have always got ISTJ, INTJ, INFJ, INFP.

@Turi do you mind releasing an "answer key" when you get a chance (in a spoiler), well if you have time and want to? I am curious to see what letters or functions each question was targeting. It's really cool to have the possibility of understanding exactly how we got our result.

Edit: I thought of something. I didn't focus on the quiz 100% all at once. I was multi-tasking (work, playing a game, and then leisurely taking the quiz). I have a hunch that maybe this helps with the user bias problem as it might have made me answer more honestly if I don't remember what I answered in the last question and what is purpose was. OR it could have the completely opposite effect and make my answers more random and not building on top of each other. Hmmm.
ISFJ isn't a bad fit, you're typed as an ISTJ atm, you've scored loads of F types in the past - why not consider F over T?

Re: an answer key - yeah, I could at some point, but due to the questions being random, the order I posted on this forum wouldn't represent the quiz people took, haha.

ATM it's a combination of stock-standard dichotomy questions, Step II facet preference questions (the ones with 3 options) and cognitive functions.

The cognitive functions aspect needs to be fleshed out a little - there's only a handful of questions in there that target them - there's Fe-Fi, Te-Ti, Se-Si, Ne-Ni at the moment, and that's it, IIRC - all of those questions have a third response that's just 'neither/either' basically, i.e 'none of the above' - those questions don't have the choices randomized, so that it actually reads like that as well.

So as it is it's actually relatively comprehensive as far as dichotomy is concerned and I wouldn't be surprised if the results it returns are actually peoples correct type - what each response is testing for is relatively difficult to discern unless people are actually taking the test and trying to figure out - in which case why even bother - and the cognitive functions just sort of shift the end result towards an accurate reflection of the combination of dichotomy + functions.

Answering with less of a focus on the quiz probably produces more accurate results, imo.

1 - 20 of 212 Posts