Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"The Entertainer"...no, just no. entertainers are all about making other people happy and helping other people have a good time. 7s, even 7w6s, are narcissistic and primarily focused on themselves. if other people are entertained, great, but entertaining others is not a 7w6's main objective.

@Krelian91 suggested "The Visionary" as a more accurate title for 7w6, which works much better imo.

alternatively, I could see "The Trickster" or "The Explorer" working nicely, but "The Entertainer"? ....no

thoughts?
@Boss
@Animal
@kaleidoscope

Edit: yeah, in case you're wondering, the title "Entertainer" kind of offends me :dry:

·
Registered
717 Posts
"The Adventurer" describes me well and appeals to me the most. More because I approach life as an adventure than because I have fantastical adventures. My adventures are rarely what others would view as adventures, but for me, every obstacle will become an adventure. Getting trapped in a staircase, trying to keep a skittish dog from being hit by a car, making candied ginger. Experiences feel new and as exciting as if your life depends on them, but at the same time, you feel that you are invincible and can never be harmed.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
7w6 The Polyanna

The adventurer is more 7w8.

Imma about to Flaunt like a peacock
7w6, The Fairy, The Dreamer, The Unbridled Optimist, The Naruto, The Trickster(more comical less violent)

7w8 The Badass, The Free Spirit, The Leeroy Jenkins, The Fox (like the trickster but more detached, more selfish and definitely more combatitive)

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
"The Entertainer" fits fine to me. "It offends me" doesn't sound like a legitimate reason to change the stereotype title​ of an enneagram type.

Reactions: typethisperson

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I think The Adventurer or The Explorer works very well!

Most 7w6s seem like they want others to be happy and comfortable, but that's probably so they can more easily keep their own spirits up, lmao. One 7w6 I know (ENFJ) is definitely AN entertainer - he's hilarious, does stand up comedy, loves being the center of attention. BUT, even for him, entertaining others is still not his main motivation.

IS there a type that is primarily concerned with entertaining others? We're all so focused on our own crap and trying to avoid what we fear, it seems...

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I think that its saying entertainer as if how an entertainer might be as a person, like narcissistic.
Its true though that Im hardly trying to entertain people and just doing my own thing.
But its my own thing that entertains people so much.
It sucks because sometimes people will not take me seriously because I'm not acting in a way they think I would if I where serious about something.

I would think maybe "The Artist" or "The Excitable".

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
7w6, the Basketball Player (Philadelphia 76s)

The Patriot 1776...you might have to be an American 7w6

The Moralist . If I could be serious here, the 7 with a 6 wing has a Superego, therefore, the 7w6 will more likely than a 7with 8 wing,I know I speak for myself but as a 7with an 8 wing, I'm more pragmatic than value judgement driven, be making judgements on principles they honed long ago.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts