Personality Cafe banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
ISFP
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! I know very little about Enneagram, and I'd really like to start learning. I have only a basic understanding of each of the nine primary types. Every Enneagram test I have taken on the internet has said I am a 5, although I'm assuming, much like MBTI, that tests can't be trusted too well. Since I am not too familiar with Enneagram, I am unsure as to how to structure my answers to best cater to determining my type - I apologize in advance if the information I provide is less than helpful.

1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind.

I apologize if this is vague, but above all else, I really like to learn. I can spend hours at a time reading, thinking about, and/or experiencing new things I find interesting. This has nothing to do with image. I don't strive to prove to others I am intelligent; I am confident in my own intelligence. I simply prefer to know about things. I am insatiably curious, and I long to uncover the truths of the world. I think what truly drives me is knowing about life ... in a way, experiencing everything about life and all that it has to offer, but vicariously through books and knowledge.

As for a specific goal, I yearn to be a writer. I've pretty much known my whole life that my future career would involve writing. It's something I've always enjoyed and at which I've always excelled. I have a yearning to express my ideas and insights to the world and to find my voice in the process.

2. What were you like as a kid?

I was a bit of loner most of the time. I loved to read and write from an early age and spent most of my time doing that. I was very creative and loved to fantasize and make up stories. I usually spent my time by myself, but I wasn't really all that shy when I was younger; in fact, I could be very outspoken. I actually liked attention, a far cry from how I am today. I really began to grow reserved and quiet at around 10-11 years old. Despite this, my interests throughout my childhood have always been more introverted in nature (e.g. reading, reflecting on my thoughts alone, daydreaming, writing to express myself, etc).

When I was very young, I had a bit of a rebellious streak; I didn't hesitate from not doing what I was told, especially if I thought there was better way to do something, such as completing work or figuring out a problem in school, for example. I have almost always trusted my judgement over that of others, and I hated to be controlled, even when I was very young. I was very inquisitive and curious; I was often reprimanded in elementary for going off-topic or not paying attention. My teachers didn't think I was very well-behaved for this reason. (Many people I know IRL today would be VERY surprised to know this). I did however manage to make good grades without expounding much effort.

3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted?

My parents and I generally got along; ultimately, we were a happy family. I think when I was younger though, they were extremely impatient with my natural untidiness and failure to adhere to any sense of structure. I disliked being controlled by them. My mother especially could be very critical of my flightiness and refusal to conform to her ideas of how things should be. Beyond that, my mother and I simply have always had clashing personalities, and we fought constantly when I was younger. My relationship with my dad wasn't nearly as turbulent. My mother and I still argue some, but looking back now, I am happy to have had her support, especially in my teenage years. Along with some of my earliest teachers, she has really helped to instill in me the importance of hard work and having enough respect for oneself to put one's best efforts into everything they do, for which I am undoubtedly grateful. I honestly think she has influenced me for the better.

4. What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being?

I highly value insightfulness and perceptiveness. I pride myself on caring about the significance of things and paying enough attention to want to know more about what goes on "behind the scenes." I am constantly truth-seeking. I am aware of the complexity of the world around me and I ruminate on said complexities often. I am forever questioning. I value openness, curiosity and inquisitiveness, and I hope to never lose the drive to ask why. I wish to never appear apathetic or lose my zeal for and fascination of life.

In addition, I do value determination and resilience. I pride myself on being a hard worker, and I put my best efforts into the work I care about. I can be a perfectionist when I want to be. I will never let myself be known as someone who simply gave up, at least not with things that matter. Even when I'm struggling, I like to see things through to the end, and I am prideful of my ability to recover from unfortunate circumstances.

5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them?

Yes, in my childhood I was very concerned with my image. I feared being unimportant, unwanted or unappreciated. I wanted to be notable in some way and to distinguish myself from my peers while being respected for who I was. Showcasing my writing talent to others especially was imperative to me. I wanted people to get a sense of my true self, and I sought their admiration. The feeling can be described as an odd paradox between distinguishing myself yet also "fitting in" in the sense that I wanted others to believe I was important. Either way, I was very preoccupied with others' opinions of me.

This desire has greatly diminished since childhood. I am fully content being myself to myself as I currently am, and although I care about coming across as a decent person, I am unaffected if people don't like me beyond that. I am very introspective, quiet, and appreciative of my alone time; I certainly don't care about "putting myself out there" anymore. (Typing this now, it's honestly like describing two completely different people). In addition, I am happy to write for my own enjoyment and I in fact get somewhat anxious showing my work to others. Even praise makes me a little uncomfortable, which I suppose isn't healthy.

6. a.) How do you see yourself?
I see myself as a quiet, introspective, contemplative, and idealistic dreamer. I am often either lost in my own world or observing the real world from afar. I see myself as independent and autonomous; I prefer to figure things out on my own. I strive for accuracy and articulacy when expressing myself. My outward disposition is laid-back and easy-going most of the time. I appreciate a good laugh; I can't help but notice and point out how absurd life is, and I find the smallest things funny. Although it is not natural for me to go out of my way to help others, I can be helpful when it is asked of me, and I enjoy whenever I am able to establish a meaningful connection with others.

b.) How do you want others to see you?
I wish for others to notice my perceptiveness and appreciate my insights. I wish for others to see me as humorous and fun-loving, despite my introvertedness. I wish for others to see me as honest and as someone who is not arrogant and does not pretend I am better than others. I wish for others to notice there is much more to me than my seemingly nonchalant, non-convicted facade. In general, I often wish I could be more extroverted; I wish I could project my inner self outward for others to notice and appreciate.

c.) What do you dislike the most in other people?
I dislike apathy in other people. It pains me whenever I hear of someone who is unwilling to learn new things. I die a little inside when I hear someone express disdain for reading, for example, although I recognize this is unfair behavior on my part. We all have our interests; I have no right to judge.

In addition, I absolutely cannot stand arrogant behavior. The whole attitude of treating others poorly because one believes they are somehow "worth" more as a person honestly makes me want to throw up.

7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).
1.) Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you.
2.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else.
3.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others.

The first statement is first unquestionably. This sounds like a quality that is generic to introverts. I'm not sure how to rank the other two. For the second, I spend a lot of time thinking how things can be improved ... but I'm not really inclined decide what is right for the "betterment" of other people; I let people make their own decisions. "Working toward personal gain" makes me sound more ambitious or scheming than I am.

8. Where does the wandering mind take you? What provokes this?
I love this question. :tongue: The wandering mind takes me anywhere and everywhere. I could write a novel about the things I think about, especially when I'm alone. But I'll keep this short. I usually daydream a lot about my ideas, such as ideas for stories, for example. I think a lot about how I could improve things. I have a lot of "what would happen if I ...?" thoughts. I like to think a lot about life and humanity in general.

9.What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

I feel at my best whenever I have produced quality work or whenever I am able figure something out on my own. I also feel at my best whenever there is excitement in my life. Even though I am an introvert, I very much enjoy having fun and spending time with people, provided I appreciate those people. I try hard to fight my natural reclusiveness sometimes. Yes, it is usually draining, but the experience itself is often worth it. I feel truly alive whenever I am laughing and am able to connect with others I care about, because doing so successfully is not something that happens every day.

I would say I feel at my worst whenever I lack motivation or when I am unable to figure something out by myself.

10. Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:
a.) anger: I get angry with myself whenever I cannot articulate myself well and have to resort to expressing myself through my emotions, which is a vicious, counter-productive cycle. I get angry when other people act irrationally or try to control me in any way. Writing my feelings down usually quells my anger, although in extreme cases I have had urges to hit or break things.
b.) shame: I feel shame whenever I have disappointed myself or have not met my own expectations, usually because I knew I was able to and simply didn't try as hard as I could have. I can engross myself in my shame for long periods of time, during which I am unable to think of anything else.
c.) anxiety: Social interaction can sometimes make me feel quite uneasy. I tend to get over it quickly, though.

11. Describe how you respond to the following:
a.) stress
Long-term stress: complete withdrawal from the outside world; I will probably engross myself in my imagination in order to dissociate myself from the recent events. Under short-term stress, I simply discard everything extraneous in my mind and focus on rationalizing my way through.
b.) negative unexpected change
I immediately feel an intense yearning for the way things were before. I can be very sentimental about random things, so unexpected change of something I've always expected to be the same can initially upset me. If it's ultimately not a big deal, I'll eventually forget about it and move on. If it is a big negative change with which I disagree, I may outright refuse to conform. I will cheat the system any way I can in order to restore how things were previously, especially if I truly believe the previous way was better.
c.) conflict
I usually take conflict with others in stride. I am usually not too upset by conflict; I often recognize it as a normal and even healthy component of relationships. I don't really have the energy to hold a grudge, even when I want to. Whenever I do happen to be upset by conflict, I tend to not show it.

12. a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why?
I am naturally inclined to take a "behind-the-scenes" role, although I will speak up if my ideas and methods of leading the group might be better than those of the person who is in charge. I don't prefer to control others, but I do prefer to have control over a situation if I am able to recognize the most efficient method to lead to the best outcome.

b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why?
Again, more of a "hands-off" approach. I believe people are too intelligent to have someone tell them what to do or how to do it, but I can be very particular if I do notice someone is objectively wrong in their approach.

c.) Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why?
Not often, if I disagree with someone in a position of authority, I will simply carry on according to my own terms.

13. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

I notice when other people are insightful. I notice when other people care about or notice things that most people take for granted, and I appreciate that. I notice when other people are witty and able to make fun of themselves or the ironic particularities of everyday life.

14. Comment on your relationship with trust.

I would say I'm not one to have issues with trust, at least not in regards to moral character. I believe most people are inherently good. I like to think about other people's motives sometimes, but this is more out of curiosity than skepticism. If I ever do hesitate to trust others, it is because I am doubtful of their competence.

Which of the following temptations do you find yourself acting upon the most? (And briefly state why)
(Only included the ones that sound like me).

- To constantly push yourself to be “the best”
Yes and no. I would very much have said this was true about myself earlier in high school; however I believe this to have possibly been the result of influence from then-recent life circumstances rather than my natural self. Today, I am only concerned with doing MY best. I put MY best efforts into what interests me; whether I am THE best no longer matters to me, and I feel liberated to finally abandon that misguided drive I once had.

- To replace direct experience with concepts
Yes, this sounds like me.

- To think that fulfillment is somewhere else
Yes, I tend to daydream about "what-ifs" and feel sometimes as if I'm living the wrong life.

- To cyclically become indecisive and seek others for reassurance
I can be prone to indecisiveness. Whether I seek others' reassurance depends on the issue.

- To overuse imagination in searching for yourself
I live in my head most of the time. I'm not very in-tuned to reality at all. This includes trying to perceive myself from an objective viewpoint.

- To avoid conflicts and asserting yourself
Yes, I would say this is generally me; I have had a problem with standing up for myself in the past. I won't mind staying quiet in order to avoid unnecessary trouble I'd rather not deal with, although I don't have too much of a problem handling the conflict if/when it does happen.

- To consider yourself entirely self-sufficient
Yes.

What's something you are: a.) thankful you have b.) wish you could have? Why?

To summarize some points made previously, I am thankful for my perceptiveness and curiosity, but I wish to be able to connect with others more easily; I sometimes wish to be more extroverted than I am. Life is more interesting and meaningful when you have other people living it out alongside you.

Thank you so much! If you could provide as much detail as possible in your responses, I'd appreciate it! :happy:

·
Registered
ISFP
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Quang

Very cool fantasy theme!

9w1 3w4 5w4
The Scout (5w4) (SP/SO)

The question that involves answering how you were as a child- is early behavior most important in determining one's core type over other types in the tritype?

I relate well to the 3 description of being driven, motivated and hard-working, but less so to the need to be "the best" or to seek constant external validation; is type 3 only really concerned with popularity as opposed to personal sense of achievement?

If both 4 and 5 are possbilities, I'm pretty certain I would be 5w4 as opposed to 4w5, as "melodramatic" hardly sounds like me at all and I don't really have a strong yearning to feel "unique," though I read that 5s are generally uncomfortable with emotional expression while 4w5s may mistype as core fives but are actually more comfortable with confronting their personal feelings. I am comfortable with expressing my own emotions; feelings are not a "weak spot" for me. Should this not be the case for a 5?

Sorry if my way of phrasing things is incorrect, I'm still fairly new to this.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
@Quang

Very cool fantasy theme!

9w1 3w4 5w4
The Scout (5w4) (SP/SO)

The question that involves answering how you were as a child- is early behavior most important in determining one's core type over other types in the tritype?

I relate well to the 3 description of being driven, motivated and hard-working, but less so to the need to be "the best" or to seek constant external validation; is type 3 only really concerned with popularity as opposed to personal sense of achievement?

If both 4 and 5 are possbilities, I'm pretty certain I would be 5w4 as opposed to 4w5, as "melodramatic" hardly sounds like me at all and I don't really have a strong yearning to feel "unique," though I read that 5s are generally uncomfortable with emotional expression while 4w5s may mistype as core fives but are actually more comfortable with confronting their personal feelings. I am comfortable with expressing my own emotions; feelings are not a "weak spot" for me. Should this not be the case for a 5?

Sorry if my way of phrasing things is incorrect, I'm still fairly new to this.
Good questions.

Early childhood plays an important role in the enneagram type. Enneagram authors such as David Daniels and the Faurves conducted research studies on toddlers and concluded that the enneagram type is innate, however the expression of the enneagram type is affected by environmental factors. Many fundamental traits of our personality such as energy levels and facial features are observable from early age, therefore recalling how we were as children can be key to identifying our core type.

SO3 is most particularly focused on the aspect of personal accomplishment and popularity. SP3 is more focused on economizing their resources, time, money, energy comparable of those to a banker. The reason why 3s are concerned about being the best, winner, or number 1 is because there lies an deep conviction that their self-worth is dependent on how well they performed. In numerous enneagram literatures, many authors agree that 3s are children who recalled that they had to 'earn' love (conditional love) from the parents by impressing them with a praiseworthy feat, and as adults they repeat the behaviour through gathering sociably accepted symbols of success and status.

5s are described to be uncomfortable with emotional expression, because emotions are often perceived as too overwhelming and draining. 5s actually can feel emotions intensely, however they are most comfortable to release them in privacy where they have more control over this unpredictable variable. 5s are particularly uncomfortable with the feelings from others- having to deal with emotional entanglements and the engulfment of social drama can be highly depleting (one of 5's core fear).

SP 3-5: Very economic, secretive, conserving (Scrooge-like)
SP 5-9: Invisible, low-profile, discreet, indifferent

·
Registered
ISFP
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Quang Thank you for your response. I read what you described about 3s, and I initially thought SO3 might be closer to my approach. In your test, the words "home" and "comfort" were what prompted me especially to choose SP over SO. What exactly is the essence of the Self-Preservation instinct? Is it strictly physical comfort/meeting physical needs or can it also include personal advantage? In high school, my underlying motivation for wanting to achieve (through grades or extracurriculars) was the reasoning that the more I build my credibility/reputation, the more opportunity I will be offered once high school is over - the ideal being to have a variety of options regarding my future and essentially securing the ability to choose whatever I may please. Would this sound more like an SP3?

And @alittlebear so sorry to pull you into this, but since you've seen this thread, did you happen to maybe formulate a brief opinion of what my type could be? Is there anything, with a quick skim of my questionnaire, that maybe strikes you as any type?

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
@Fuzzystorm so sorry for not commenting sooner! I'm replying here ahead of time so I can add this to my Suscribed Threads and reply later. I'm really tired right now so I am retiring for the night, but in the morning I will definitely give my thoughts on your type.

I do remember thinking when I first saw this thread that you seemed too soft on the inside (in a good way.lol it's hard to explain, it doesn't have a positive or negative connotation but just my Ni sees you as... well, I mean, your username is Fuzzystorm :) ) to be Ti-dominant and a core 5. But we'll see what I think tomorrow.

·
Registered
ISFP
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Fuzzystorm so sorry for not commenting sooner! I'm replying here ahead of time so I can add this to my Suscribed Threads and reply later. I'm really tired right now so I am retiring for the night, but in the morning I will definitely give my thoughts on your type.

I do remember thinking when I first saw this thread that you seemed too soft on the inside (in a good way.lol it's hard to explain, it doesn't have a positive or negative connotation but just my Ni sees you as... well, I mean, your username is Fuzzystorm :) ) to be Ti-dominant and a core 5. But we'll see what I think tomorrow.
Thanks so much, I really appreciate it :)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
@Quang Thank you for your response. I read what you described about 3s, and I initially thought SO3 might be closer to my approach. In your test, the words "home" and "comfort" were what prompted me especially to choose SP over SO. What exactly is the essence of the Self-Preservation instinct? Is it strictly physical comfort/meeting physical needs or can it also include personal advantage? In high school, my underlying motivation for wanting to achieve (through grades or extracurriculars) was the reasoning that the more I build my credibility/reputation, the more opportunity I will be offered once high school is over - the ideal being to have a variety of options regarding my future and essentially securing the ability to choose whatever I may please. Would this sound more like an SP3?
The self-preservation instinct is a prototype present in everyone that deals with the basic means of survival, which includes fixating on physical well-being, safety, comfort, home, and basic resources (food, time, money). The dominant instinct represents the area in life that we spend the most time focusing on assuming that our basic needs are met. For example, a banker who gathered a large sum of money can still be worried about not having enough, or his resources being stolen or wasted (SP). A musician who is highly talented and attractive can still feel inadequate and lacking (SX). A socially respected athlete who ranks high in the sports league can still be worried about being inferior to his peers or being alienated from his group (SO).

It is important to note that the instincts derives from an unconscious and visceral source, so although we can be aware of our automatic fixations, our dominant instincts surface most visibly when one of our needs gets violated. E.g.

SX: Triggered when feeling emotionally disconnected, inadequate, unattractive
SO: Triggered when feeling socially inferior, alienated, failing the expectations of others (dishonor)
SP: Triggered when feeling physically threatened, intruded, impoverished

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Alright! I'm here. It's just difficult for me to say something because in my experience it's hard to judge by a questionnaire - ultimately you know yourself better than any of us - and, not being so experienced at Enneagram typing especially, it's difficult for me to say what things your questionnaire really points out.

I think you're probably 9 as far as your gut instinct goes, but apart from that... I can see arguments for any of the head types and the heart types (although some things you said make me think you could have a weak 3 fix). You do seem like a 5, but I wonder if that's just not your Ti dominance.

I could be wrong here, but these are my thoughts so far.

Do you have any thoughts on the instincts @Quang described in the above post?

Reactions: Fuzzystorm

·
Registered
ISFP
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ackkk omg so sorry @alittlebear I just saw this! I can't really answer right this minute but will come back and edit this soon! Thanks so much again for your help!

·
Registered
ISFP
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alright! I'm here. It's just difficult for me to say something because in my experience it's hard to judge by a questionnaire - ultimately you know yourself better than any of us - and, not being so experienced at Enneagram typing especially, it's difficult for me to say what things your questionnaire really points out.

I think you're probably 9 as far as your gut instinct goes, but apart from that... I can see arguments for any of the head types and the heart types (although some things you said make me think you could have a weak 3 fix). You do seem like a 5, but I wonder if that's just not your Ti dominance.
"Weak 3 fix" - what does that mean exactly? Core 5 does sound a lot like me, but I was wondering if that was just because of the usual Five terms "observant," "perceptive," and "withdrawn" which in reality just seem indicative of introvert, plus intellectual curiosity which I'm assuming doesn't/shouldn't automatically indicate type Five? And I feel like you're right about what you said before, something just doesn't sit right with my being Ti-dom and a core 5. On the outside I'm just not always that ... serious as that combination implies.

And thinking how I was as a child, I can definitely see Four. From Quang's test: "sensitive, disconnected, emotional depth & understanding, feeling 'different" all sound exactly how I felt when I was younger. But then, descriptions of type Four now ... "expressive, dramatic, self-absorbed, and temperamental" ? Yeah, not really. However, I could be focusing too much on the extroverted factor that such words as "temperamental" and "dramatic" imply.

With this mind, do you think either 5w4 or 4w5 would be a likely possibility? I relate a little bit with Six but, given Five, I think Four would be the likely wing.

Since you mention the liklihood of Nine, do you have an idea as to which would be my core type? (I'm hesitant because there seem to be a lot of 5w4s/4w5s on the internet, and I have a feeling it's similar to intuitive bias among MBTI; I don't want to seem like one of those people who'd just like to believe they're one of these types because they believe they're "special" ya know?).

Do you have any thoughts on the instincts @Quang described in the above post?
The instincts confuse me, to be honest. I feel like I relate to all of them yet none of them in particular at the same time?

SX: Triggered when feeling emotionally disconnected, inadequate, unattractive
SO: Triggered when feeling socially inferior, alienated, failing the expectations of others (dishonor)

SP: Triggered when feeling physically threatened, intruded, impoverished
Based on the above descriptions, I relate to SX and SO. But I also relate to some SP things (home, security, comfort, etc.), however I those could also be a product of tert Si? I don't know if I relate much to the "gathering resources" aspect of SP (I'm actually pretty bad with managing and staying on top of things like that lol) but in a group, I do tend to be the "cautious" one. I'm pretty open to new experiences, but I've noticed I'll be the only one who seems to be truly aware of how safe/dangerous something is. I don't know. Again, I just feel like all of them could apply.

·
Registered
ISFP
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So I just took this test here ...

(Did some .5s cause for some it felt more accurate that way)

Social
1) Generally, I positively associate with the idea of being a part of something larger than myself. Though I may find it either overwhelming, because of my astute awareness of what lies beyond my own interests, or inspiring. 4
2) I am very aware of the impact my decision will have on others and can be quite attuned to their reactions and needs. I read people well. 3
3) Being recognized or valued by my peers or community, for my contributions, is important to me. 5
4) I tend to have strong opinions on social change and/or social constructs and trends. 3.5
5) I am aware of not only my own relationships, but also power structures and the nature of bonds between other people. I have a deep understanding of interconnectedness between groups and people who comprise them. In other words, I am good at perceiving the many facets of how a group works within its context and outside of it. I easily pick up on how I fit into the social hierarchy, whether or not I approve of it. 3.5
6) I am socially aware, but I can also be reserved and socially distant. 5
7) If I gravitate towards group (s)/institution (s)/gathering(s)of my choosing, I can be quite involved with championing the values and goals of this grouping. 3.5
8) I tend to keep track of current events, even when not required to for my career performance. 3
9) At my worst I am either strongly conformist or excessively anti-society/counter culture. At my best, my relationships with others are ones of healthy interdependence, and I may be inclined to strong individual leadership or display deep commitment in establishing teamwork and collaboration. 2.5
10) "No man is an island." Everything is part of an interconnected web, like it or not. 5
TOTAL: 38/50

Self Preservation
1) I am acutely aware of my physical safety (though sometimes I will choose to do something dangerous anyway) 3.5
2) when I go to a party, I immediately notice the temperature, the smells and where the food is 3
3) I am very health conscious 3
4) financial/career, physical and/or romantic security are very important to me 3.5
5) if I have an injury or a health related problem, I typically notice quickly 3
6) I tend to save a decent amount of my money 3
7) predictability is important to me. the sooner I can know about things in advance, the better. 4
8) when I'm under stress, things like health, finances, hygiene or other things that I normally stay on top of start to slip, sometimes severely. 3
9) I'm acutely aware of cause and effect, particularly when the potential consequences are dire. if my friends listened to me more, they'd end up making a lot less stupid mistakes 5
10) physical comfort is important to me. I can get distracted by things like uncomfortable seats, high humidity or bodily pain when I'm trying to enjoy time with my friends 5
TOTAL: 36/50

Sexual
1) I have an addictive personality 2
2) "if it's not worth doing in excess, it's not worth doing at all" 5
3) people generally think I'm "too much". in lots of situations, I feel like it's expected of me to tone myself down considerably (which I will either refuse to do or do so begrudgingly) 2
4) my energy is either "on" or "off". when I'm in the presence of someone who I vibe with my mind does an internal "YES! FINALLY!" and I try to start a conversation with that person 4
5) I can be obsessive with my love interests. I am either clingy or have to try very hard not to be 1
6) I feel like a part of me is missing and am looking for someone to complete me. at times, this creates a raw sort of longing that can lead to emotional volatility 2.5
7) I have strong impulses (particularly with regards to relationships). I frequently wish I didn't have to be so damn careful 2
8) if I'm not in a relationship, I feel old. I don't know how it's possible for people to be happy without passionate intimacy, because being without it makes me feel dead 1
9) I only feel alive when indulging my passions. sometimes this causes me to neglect other areas of my life 3
10) people either love me or hate me, but either way, my personality grabs attention, whether I want it to or not 2
TOTAL: 24.5/50

SO/SP/SX. Assuming these are accurate manifestations of each instinct, I would say this is about right.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts