Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined the site after I was looking up information on why kids always seem to stare at me or want to play, and animals seem to love me.. mainly out of curiosity, and I stumbled here. From the posts I've been reading I think I may really enjoy this board, and figured I should probably introduce myself at least briefly.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Though, there is an intro section. This will probably be moved there...

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
hey stranger, we could always use another shipmate! :laughing:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hello! It's so nice for you to join us! The INFPs make up only 1% of the world population, making us rare and hard to find in life. I'm sure you'll feel immediately at home with us, because of our lack of social skills sometimes limits us to internet talk, where we can talk freely to strangers who know exactly what we're going through.
Feel free to post anything INFP related here, and usually, you'll find you'll be posting about your social life and emotional problems more than anything-- And that's ok! Spill it all out! If you're unlucky like me, the least you'll get is one or two replies from people here.
Have fun!
:D

·
Banned
1,969 Posts
Hi there and welcome! I only discovered that I'm an INFP yesterday so we're in the same boat :)

Hope you enjoy the board, see you around :cool:

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
INFPs make up only 1% of the world population
Where did you get that percentage from? I don't think percentages you can find online are very accurate :/

·
Banned
1,969 Posts
1%?

Wow, that's only a few million I guess!

Erm, that sounded sarcastic but it wasn't meant to be. A few million in billions is quite... well, rare!

·
Registered
342 Posts
It's weird because at least 4 people out of the 12 where I work type themselves as INFP, including me. But the boss is an ESTJ which makes things tricky!

·
Registered
751 Posts
I think the more recent stats for America is that they believe the INFP for the US is 4.3%, although its a lot less for men. One "accurate" statistic for my country (UK) put the INFP population here at about 1.5% which is hard to believe as I think its relatively unknown over here.

Although I do prefer the 1% stat because it makes me feel rare and unique which is quite enjoyable.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Just joined the site after I was looking up information on why kids always seem to stare at me or want to play, and animals seem to love me.. mainly out of curiosity, and I stumbled here. From the posts I've been reading I think I may really enjoy this board, and figured I should probably introduce myself at least briefly.
Welcome, and what a funny way to discover you're an INFP. Are you one of those people who use Google or Yahoo! Answers for their philosophical or important life questions, like for example typing "Why am I human" in the search bar? Because I do that sometimes -_-" I don't remember how I stumbled upon MBTI and the concept of INFPs, but I guess it must've happened in a similar way, via Google.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome, and what a funny way to discover you're an INFP. Are you one of those people who use Google or Yahoo! Answers for their philosophical or important life questions, like for example typing "Why am I human" in the search bar? Because I do that sometimes -_-" I don't remember how I stumbled upon MBTI and the concept of INFPs, but I guess it must've happened in a similar way, via Google.
Yeah, I've known about the personality type for a while (since high school - like 10 years ago almost ughhhh), but I tend to bounce between INFP and INTP. As far as looking up things in Google, sometimes haha. I like to look up things about myself that I want to understand a bit better. I suppose it is kind of a weird way to find this board, but hey.. I'm sure there are stranger stories.

@everyone else - thank you for the welcome =)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hello, im new too, just joined today.Im an INFP..I like doing things alone, i dont feel comfortable having friends/people around me.:sad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts