Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A better idea since my last one wasn't working out so well. Basically its all in the title:

1. You type me in whatever way you wish

2. Provide a description of yourself

3. And I will type you in the same way and standards as you have typed me

A little game to play- came up with this idea just as I submitted the last thread and i couldn't be bothered waiting for the last one to grow old because I'm bored and this seemed fun.

Starts here!

Anysways, I don't know if you guys feel this way, but I find literally everything life related boring. No..

But I can't stay in the moment. I struggle badly with issues of concentration. My brain automatically does this thing where it automatically detaches and my mind starts to race with random thoughts like- "what if society was like this...", "zombie apocalypse", "what does i think therefore I am mean?" and "what would it be like to be a skilled con artist or something along those lines". I don't know, I think basically its my minds way of telling me I want a life of adventure, but I don't live in a 5 star book so my mind just retreats to the details of webbing around a good 5 story book...I don't know what I'm talking about. But basically, I'm lost in thought 24/7 and thinking is my only mode of living.

Im not made for a lot of things I find people can function smoothly. I'm not good at making talented first impressions. In fact, a lot of people find me awkward and quite odd. I can't do fast paced jobs and I don't like having to respond to people (not in the literal sense- in the "boss made me do it" sense). I have a very low boredom threshold. Can't stay in the same place or situation for too long. Cant stay with the same people for too long. I don't know what it is. I have this weird thing...

you know when people usually feel more comfortable in an environment after getting to know someone? Yeah, mine seems to work the opposite way. Ive seen it from school experience, work experience. Its almost as though the intial excitement that helps me succeed in the environment in the first place wears off. I don't really like getting intimate with people either, they can tell me their business but when they expect me to tell them mine, it bothers me. Company can start to feel like a responsibility/chore after theres expected socializing.

I don't like intrusive people or needy people. When I say intrusive I mean in the sense of "come on, do this". I am quite self-serving, for example, if a group of people are watching something i won't join in unless I like what theyre watching, even if I know they probably want the company. Even though I know I probably should, I just find it incredibly hard to feel the effort to commit my time to something I don't want to do. But hey were not all perfect.

I find it hard to know what to say to people and for that reason, I'm really quiet. To be honest my thoughts go so fast, its like I'm already having a conversation. I much prefer it if people are talking to me about themselves and I can just hear them out, offering questions or feedback.

SOOO yeah, don't get along well with people. Usually SFJs find me the most repellent. Bad vibes they get from me...

Im constantly trying to find leverage in a situation. Whats the easiest way to do something and do we necessarily have to do it the way the person said to do it. I don't like it when people are so rule adhesive (stuck to the rules, tried to be creative, sue me).

I don't find it easy to know right from wrong and don't feel its an easy judgement to make.

Funnily enough, despite how pessimistic I am about people and the underlying motivations of humanity, in the moment and in interaction with people, I tend to take this stance for granted and people tend to take that for granted. For example, when I see just regular people, part of me just thinks, "why would I be nice to this person? if I were homeless, majority of people I see would just walk past me" , but nice just comes naturally. I hate seeing people on the streets and the chunk of people walking by flinging their dust onto the only thing the homeless don't even really own- their sidewalk perch. Makes me frustrated and question more.

People tend to read my facial expressions really easily. The weird thing is, I'm apparently conveying emotion where its not intended! Its frustrating, people will be like "you seem like you're annoyed with having to do this" and I won't have been even on that line, im thinking about playing video games.

I struggle with spending my time productively and getting my self to do work thats due. Or I'll make plans, just leisurely plans, where I'll be like "I'll learn this/that..." and just never get round to step two. Past three years, learnt language, no, read 50 books, no, and on and on.

Reactions: Jewl

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
This is the worlds shittiest typing attempt but from what you've said, I'd suggest either an introverted ENTP or an INTP.

Ne seems apparent, and you know it, however I believe Fe seems more likely than Fi, as it's easier to read, even in the inferior position, it's a way that xNTP people communicate.

So eh I'd lean more Fe for you for literally that reason exclusively.

You also say you don't like being told what to do, basically, nobody does but is it important enough for everyone to mention? Eh.

You appear to not be great at sticking to your plans which makes me think the possibility of you being an ENxP who needs to work on their introverted judging function is quite likely.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the worlds shittiest typing attempt but from what you've said, I'd suggest either an introverted ENTP or an INTP.

Ne seems apparent, and you know it, however I believe Fe seems more likely than Fi, as it's easier to read, even in the inferior position, it's a way that xNTP people communicate.

So eh I'd lean more Fe for you for literally that reason exclusively.

You also say you don't like being told what to do, basically, nobody does but is it important enough for everyone to mention? Eh.

You appear to not be great at sticking to your plans which makes me think the possibility of you being an ENxP who needs to work on their introverted judging function is quite likely.
Thanks! Did you want to provide me with a description so that I can type you?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I concur with above, you seem most likely to be a XNTP, more likely I.

Your lead paragraph screams Ti, and Te isn’t found in a huge amount in your descriptions. You seem to function with a more extroverted intuition, rather than introverted, particularly considering the paragraph about the intuitive observations of the people around you. Your Fe seems more apparent, particularly considering people can read your emotions without you even being aware of it (suggesting an immature Fe), and your Sensing isn’t particularly apparent, but the way your other functions stack up makes it more likely to be Se.

I’d lean towards INTP.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I concur with above, you seem most likely to be a XNTP, more likely I.

Your lead paragraph screams Ti, and Te isn’t found in a huge amount in your descriptions. You seem to function with a more extroverted intuition, rather than introverted, particularly considering the paragraph about the intuitive observations of the people around you. Your Fe seems more apparent, particularly considering people can read your emotions without you even being aware of it (suggesting an immature Fe), and your Sensing isn’t particularly apparent, but the way your other functions stack up makes it more likely to be Se.

I’d lean towards INTP.

Cool, thanks. Would you like to provide a description?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Of course.

I started posting here today, not necessarily just to engage with people (I usually live more in my own space and time rather than others’) but to immerse myself in MBTI and associated personality theories - to become more of an expert. That’s quite a theme of mine throughout my life - I like to gain knowledge. But usually I use that knowledge for practical reasons, which is why I decided to stop pursuing academic science; the pure theoretical nature of science, whilst fun, started to stagnate in how something I came up with would still hardly be considered useful until many minds over a few decades did the same research. Even though I had a moment where I instantly saw a truly novel concept and theory and tried to pursue it (I was the only one in the world with the concept), it still seemed like I would be stifled by years of uncertainty as to where that would lead.

I am going to start my graduate law degree next year. It took me a few days of intense soul searching to figure out that’s where my life wanted to head, a few weeks to map out the best universities and units to take, and a month to figure out where I may need to go and what I need to do to secure any position I could realistically want in the future. I like planning for those sorts of logistics, as it gives me a degree of centainty and helps me decide that it’s where my life should head. Most of my friends don’t understand that sort of long term planning, but it comes fairly innately to me. Otherwise, leave it a little longer and I would start to catastrophise. Plus, my third year units look like fun; I cannot wait for 2020, heh.

Because I am waiting for that, though, I am without an job and without study for a few months. I am mostly looking after my puppy, Glenys (she’s my avatar). My partner wanted her, even though I was the only one with dog experience, so I was very hesitant. He wanted a Blue Cattle, which are quite hard work due to energy and intelligence requirements, so I made absolutely sure he knew that she would be challenging, require mental stimulation and would be quite stubborn and tough to deal with. He thought I was exaggerating, but he soon learnt that I was correct...as usual.

I take her out every day to the dog park right now, which is tough as you have to interact with the other dog owners. I prefer to stick to patting the dogs and have canine interaction, to be honest. For example, there’s another dog who usually comes at the same time, and both he and Glenys love to play fetch, whereas another dog likes to be rounded up and barked at by Glenys. I find watching her interact fascinating, but because she can bark an extremely high pitched bark if a dog is not playing with her correctly (she is insatiable for being annoying, sometimes), I constantly look out for small signs she is going to do so and mitigate it. It’s unconscious now, actually, which is nice.

But after all of that, it is nice just to come home, have dinner with my partner and watch T.V/play video games. Tonight we watched a Queen Latifah movie. It was predictable, but enjoyable. I like those movies a fair amount, actually. It shuts off my brain.

If you have any other questions you need to ask to clarify a type or function, just ask - I’d rather you be sure. I also have a questionnaire filled out in a dedicated thread if you want that.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Of course.

I started posting here today, not necessarily just to engage with people (I usually live more in my own space and time rather than others’) but to immerse myself in MBTI and associated personality theories - to become more of an expert. That’s quite a theme of mine throughout my life - I like to gain knowledge. But usually I use that knowledge for practical reasons, which is why I decided to stop pursuing academic science; the pure theoretical nature of science, whilst fun, started to stagnate in how something I came up with would still hardly be considered useful until many minds over a few decades did the same research. Even though I had a moment where I instantly saw a truly novel concept and theory and tried to pursue it (I was the only one in the world with the concept), it still seemed like I would be stifled by years of uncertainty as to where that would lead.

I am going to start my graduate law degree next year. It took me a few days of intense soul searching to figure out that’s where my life wanted to head, a few weeks to map out the best universities and units to take, and a month to figure out where I may need to go and what I need to do to secure any position I could realistically want in the future. I like planning for those sorts of logistics, as it gives me a degree of centainty and helps me decide that it’s where my life should head. Most of my friends don’t understand that sort of long term planning, but it comes fairly innately to me. Otherwise, leave it a little longer and I would start to catastrophise. Plus, my third year units look like fun; I cannot wait for 2020, heh.

Because I am waiting for that, though, I am without an job and without study for a few months. I am mostly looking after my puppy, Glenys (she’s my avatar). My partner wanted her, even though I was the only one with dog experience, so I was very hesitant. He wanted a Blue Cattle, which are quite hard work due to energy and intelligence requirements, so I made absolutely sure he knew that she would be challenging, require mental stimulation and would be quite stubborn and tough to deal with. He thought I was exaggerating, but he soon learnt that I was correct...as usual.

I take her out every day to the dog park right now, which is tough as you have to interact with the other dog owners. I prefer to stick to patting the dogs and have canine interaction, to be honest. For example, there’s another dog who usually comes at the same time, and both he and Glenys love to play fetch, whereas another dog likes to be rounded up and barked at by Glenys. I find watching her interact fascinating, but because she can bark an extremely high pitched bark if a dog is not playing with her correctly (she is insatiable for being annoying, sometimes), I constantly look out for small signs she is going to do so and mitigate it. It’s unconscious now, actually, which is nice.

But after all of that, it is nice just to come home, have dinner with my partner and watch T.V/play video games. Tonight we watched a Queen Latifah movie. It was predictable, but enjoyable. I like those movies a fair amount, actually. It shuts off my brain.

If you have any other questions you need to ask to clarify a type or function, just ask - I’d rather you be sure. I also have a questionnaire filled out in a dedicated thread if you want that.

The first thing I could notice IxTJ vibes. Were you considering something around these options?
I see the judging functions heavily in your communication, particularly with a focus on Te. To be honest though, I don't see much Ni as it seems to me the fact that you chose to describe yourself through what your plans are and daily life activities/ pastexperiences would shout focus on the outer/external world of senses rather than say intuition and the hypothetical and most likely Si.

I'll give you also some examples of seen Si:

It was predictable, but enjoyable.
-not minding lack of variety (but this is just a loose example) which would mean you have Ne but last
I prefer to stick to patting the dogs

I would go ISTJ.

Reactions: Bergapten

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,040 Posts
@WintersFlame

The strongest sense I get is that you're an Enneagram 5w4.

I could see the argument for INFP, but I think INTP would suit you better.

- - - - - - - - - -
Type me based on these (true) things about me:

1. Each year my goal is to read 50 books. I have been doing this successfully since 2008. Currently on book 42/50.
2. I married/paired up with a rational (INTP) because I wanted a relationship that made sense and allowed for independence.
3. I greatly prefer cats to dogs; dogs are unpredictable.
4. I'm extremely sensitive to stimulus (loud or repetitive noises, light shows, strong scents, being around a lot of people).
5. I enjoy nature; especially forests. I find I feel healthiest when I spend at least 10 minutes in nature a day.
6. While I have done research, criminal profiling, and practiced in the field of psychology, I greatly prefer owning my own business and I think it's what I'm best at.
7. I would love to publish a book. Writing has always been a hobby of mine.
8. I play many different musical instruments. I'm most proficient with the piano which I started playing at age 3.
9. I don't understand Fe at all. I know what it is, but I don't know why it is. It seems extremely unnatural, to me. Any time I am in a situation where Fe is appropriate, it's very difficult for me to use it.
10. Characters I identify the most with are
Dexter Morgan (from TV show Dexter) because of his list of rules and his responses toward other humans.
Sherlock & Mycroft (from BBC's Sherlock) because of the way they think, and their confusion regarding interacting with other people. I really like one scene where someone asks Mycroft if he'd like to get a drink and Mycroft says, "of what?" with a puzzled look on his face. This reminds me of when my INTP partner asks me how I'm feeling and I say, "about what?".
Raven from Teen Titans Go! I don't watch the show, but I overhear it when my kids watch it and I like her flat affect and her direct communication style.
Belle from most incarnations of Beauty and the Beast. I identify with her attachment with her father, her desire for only one simple gift (the white rose), her ability to see past the surface (the Beast) and find the truth, and, in the Disney movie, she's booky.

Hopefully that will give you something to puzzle over. Though I don't think it would be too hard lol. : )

·
Registered
52 Posts
The first thing I could notice IxTJ vibes. Were you considering something around these options?
I see the judging functions heavily in your communication, particularly with a focus on Te. To be honest though, I don't see much Ni as it seems to me the fact that you chose to describe yourself through what your plans are and daily life activities/ pastexperiences would shout focus on the outer/external world of senses rather than say intuition and the hypothetical and most likely Si.

I'll give you also some examples of seen Si:

-not minding lack of variety (but this is just a loose example) which would mean you have Ne but last

I would go ISTJ.
Inetersting. My enneagram (5w6, but only one test) and a few MBTI tests came up as INTJ, so I was looking more at IXTJ, which was interesting you picked up. Funnily enough, I can see where you are coming from - my Si seems really developed, but I am wondering if it is because I have an almost eidetic memory? I do say I can use Ni quite well too, as I have related to it through my readings, but the ISTJ stack seems fairly logical, too. I think I have narrowed it down to two now. My questionnaire might help narrow it further, now.

Thank you, that was quite helpful.

@WintersFlame

- - - - - - - - - -

1. Each year my goal is to read 50 books. I have been doing this successfully since 2008. Currently on book 42/50.
2. I married/paired up with a rational (INTP) because I wanted a relationship that made sense and allowed for independence.
4. I'm extremely sensitive to stimulus (loud or repetitive noises, light shows, strong scents, being around a lot of people).
5. I enjoy nature; especially forests. I find I feel healthiest when I spend at least 10 minutes in nature a day.
6. While I have done research, criminal profiling, and practiced in the field of psychology, I greatly prefer owning my own business and I think it's what I'm best at.
8. I play many different musical instruments. I'm most proficient with the piano which I started playing at age 3.
9. I don't understand Fe at all. I know what it is, but I don't know why it is. It seems extremely unnatural, to me. Any time I am in a situation where Fe is appropriate, it's very difficult for me to use it.
Dexter Morgan (from TV show Dexter) because of his list of rules and his responses toward other humans.
Sherlock & Mycroft (from BBC's Sherlock) because of the way they think, and their confusion regarding interacting with other people. I really like one scene where someone asks Mycroft if he'd like to get a drink and Mycroft says, "of what?" with a puzzled look on his face. This reminds me of when my INTP partner asks me how I'm feeling and I say, "about what?".
Raven from Teen Titans Go! I don't watch the show, but I overhear it when my kids watch it and I like her flat affect and her direct communication style.
Belle from most incarnations of Beauty and the Beast. I identify with her attachment with her father, her desire for only one simple gift (the white rose), her ability to see past the surface (the Beast) and find the truth, and, in the Disney movie, she's booky.

Hopefully that will give you something to puzzle over. Though I don't think it would be too hard lol. : )
2. Is very Te.
4. Underdeveloped Se.

The others seem to show an inward intuition, and a lack of Fe awareness would generally seem to lead to Fi. But you already knew you were INTJ.

I quite like the idea of this thread. It’s a nice way to get straight in.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@WintersFlame

The strongest sense I get is that you're an Enneagram 5w4.

I could see the argument for INFP, but I think INTP would suit you better.

- - - - - - - - - -

@brightflashes

Not too proficient in enneagram, but i definitely agree with you being a 5. As for wings i could see both 4 and 6, but I'd hint more towards 6 with your focus on security/health in examples such as this:

I greatly prefer cats to dogs; dogs are unpredictable.
and this:

I find I feel healthiest when....
I am considering types with Fi/Te axis. I mean I don't like the whole bias around you read books= intuitive so I'm trying to consider both sides of the coin. I can see examples for low Se and Ne here:

I'm extremely sensitive to stimulus (loud or repetitive noises, light shows, strong scents, being around a lot of people)
---low Se

While I have done research, criminal profiling, and practiced in the field of psychology, I greatly prefer owning my own business and I think it's what I'm best at
---low Ne (not that this shows low intuition, but if I were to argue that you were ISTJ and this was in your stack)

I lean more towards INTJ because you seem to appreciate the abstractness behind the idea worlds of fiction

Reactions: brightflashes

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,040 Posts
Not too proficient in enneagram, but i definitely agree with you being a 5. As for wings i could see both 4 and 6, but I'd hint more towards 6 with your focus on security/health in examples such as this...
You did a really good job. Most people who know me on the surface tend to go with 5w6 as well. The truth is I'm 5w4 - I have pretty high Fi for an INTJ. The 4 doesn't tend to reveal itself much on the forum, but it's pretty obvious in person. I think the focus on health is because I'm strong sp first.

But really, you did a good job and, again, you said exactly what most people would say about Enneagram.

Reactions: WintersFlame

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@Bergapten

but I am wondering if it is because I have an almost eidetic memory?
I think mbti is meant to be more about preferences than ability so I don't think so.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You did a really good job. Most people who know me on the surface tend to go with 5w6 as well. The truth is I'm 5w4 - I have pretty high Fi for an INTJ. The 4 doesn't tend to reveal itself much on the forum, but it's pretty obvious in person. I think the focus on health is because I'm strong sp first.

But really, you did a good job and, again, you said exactly what most people would say about Enneagram.
Oh okay, if that's what you think you are, you probably know better. But I could see high Fi too, you could be INTJ 5w6 sp/sx? Anyway, thanks for typing! :)

Reactions: brightflashes

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Okay..

I become completely obsessed by things that interest me, to the point that if I didn't have a family, I would stay up all night, not go to work, barely eat or drink, never have the lights on and simply immerse myself in whatever addiction I have at the time.

Pretty much anyone I speak to thinks I'm one of the most intelligent and highest potential people they've ever met, though I consistently fail to live up to these expectations and my own expectations are even higher, lol, life of constant failure.

I irritate people by being able to understand everyones perspective, genuinely. This aggravates employers who expect to get a reaction out of me, it pisses off me wife for the same reason - it's a positive trait (imo) but the reality is some people actually want a reaction, they want to see that they are having an emotional affect on me, and this doesn't work because I legit get where people are coming from.

I got fired from a job in January and was practically counseling my manager, as I understood where she was coming from and being so understanding brought her to tears - it's easier for them, if I were to be like "oh no that's BS" and just leave but that's not how I work.

I don't give two shits about myself and would gladly give everyone everything they wanted if I had the means to, whenever I have spare cash I like shouting my friends a drink or helping out other people in some way, I don't see the point in being a selfish prick and not doing this, I refuse to accept money back from people who ask to borrow it as well, unless I'm completely strapped for cash.

Eh, it's only really 4 dot points but it'll do.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts

What does "high Fi" actually mean?

I ask because to me, I feel like the tertiary function is a little prick - helps you out when you need it but not in a long-term kind of way.

I see Fi in tertiary position as basically just a function that rationalises what you do, and makes you feel like you're doing the right thing, so when you slip into inferior Se and feel the whole world is out to get you, Fi comes in and says "yes, they are out to get you, they all just want to test you down, fuck everybody" this helps you in the short term.. but.. ...need Te to step in and be like well let's actually make sense of this - why would they be out to get you? It doesn't make sense. Put things into perspective, etc etc.. Te needs to come in and assess what's going on in more practical, realistic terms.

I feel like if an INTJ applies Te to themselves, and their own intuition, then Fi basically becomes healthy and productive on it's own - I can't picture an INTJ having a positive relationship with Fi without having an even better relationship with Te.

I'm not saying you don't have a solid relationship with Te btw, just asked a question and kinda rambled, keen to hear your thoughts re: "high Fi" in tertiary position.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
@Turi

First point I got was Inferior Se, so that would mean INXJ. You also seem to lead with Te and trust and look to externally validated sources, for example the people thinking I'm smart thing you said could be a perspective of how you measure your individual (Fi) sense/idea of success. I definitely also see Ni in how you're looking behind why things happen and motivations and reasons for things which is usually how Ni functions with Te not Ti because Te wants purpose.

Also high Fi seems to be just a more obvious Fi. It can work with Te like you said where it's almost like they don't mind expressing their feelings. An example of high Fi might be telling someone to do something (Te) because they feel it's right

Reactions: Turi

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Say "thank you" to your INTJ trait, *****'!
Cheers bro I love failing to live up to expectations and living in a constant state of hesitation, unable to accomplish anything with my life, it's my favourite!

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,040 Posts
I'm not saying you don't have a solid relationship with Te btw, just asked a question and kinda rambled, keen to hear your thoughts re: "high Fi" in tertiary position.
It mostly relates to personal experiences involving high emotions. When I was growing up, two of my friends died and so did my (step) brother. All of this by age 16. So, from about 14 - 23, I was very Ni-Fi loopy. I got to know, by sticking with my feelings, the nuances of feelings and the many flavors of emotion humans experience.

Additionally, my relationship with my biological mother which put my life in danger many times until I was removed from her custody completely was something that definitely contributed to the 4 wing. I actually used to think I might be a type 4w5 instead, but as I got to know the Enneagram theory better, I realized that I was far more type 5.

I think having Major Depressive Disorder with Psychosis contributed to my Enneagram wing as well.

The reason I mentioned being high Fi is that Fi is associated with type 4 and also because of the extreme distaste I have for Fe (though I'm working on that right now).

Anyway, it's a bit difficult, unless asked directly and when I start explaining, to illustrate my 4 wing, but once someone knows me well enough to know, it's inarguably my wing.

I think that I think of the cognitive functions a bit differently than you do, though. I see the two rational functions as helping to balance each other out. While Te is what I prefer, I tend to like to soften it a bit with Fi.

I do admit that when my mother was repeatedly attempting to kill me I did have those "out to get you" thoughts.

Reactions: Turi
1 - 20 of 106 Posts