Personality Cafe banner

481 - 500 of 528 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All- New member here..... Im always looking to learn more about myself and my fiancé. We are getting married in May 2020. Having a better understanding of our difficult personalities has helped me and my SO tremendously in our relationship. I hope to engage in some interesting conversations.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello this is my first post. I feel like it will help me get started in the other forums.

I am 24 and an INFP.

I am here because I am struggling with feeling lost, uncertain and indecisive. I'm a recent graduate and trying to start a career in who knows what with not much luck so far.

I'd like to meet others, especially INFPs, who're in a similar boat - who are trying or have succeeded in building a livelihood in a culture not exactly catered to their personality traits. Maybe we can help each other out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello everyone!

After some weeks discovering this cafe (i love it) i decided to write something about me (i also want to write 15 posts to get more functions here).

I am new infp here. What to write about me, maybe this or this? Which one, what sounds better? Past or present? Maybe both?

I have a lot of indecision. But at least i am aware about it and im working on myself. Slowly, step by step.. one back, two forward.. two back, three forward...

I closed myself slowly after some events in my childhood. Even to me. I knew, i was different than other people with whom i was socialing and I feared what others think about me. It was more important to me that i am accepted than to be more rebely, truly myself. I became dead inside, scary to showing feelings. The child was gone, i became comfortably numb.

Few years after reaching this peak im slowly getting my soul back. Deep and fearless.

I was writing this while listening music in my playlist randomly selecting by youtube. Im ending writing listening The Fools - Psycho chicken.

·
Registered
ISTJ; 6 sp/so
74 Posts
Hey! I am an ISFP!

I am here mostly to challenge myself to interact with others (slowly trying to overcome my lack of confidence) and learn a bit about each personality type, as well as the theories in general.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all! Yet another INFP here (wow there sure is a lot of us here huh?), and glad to make everyone's acquaintance! I've sort of been eyeing this website for some time and have finally pushed myself into finally trying to reach out to people online. Partly because I'd like to get to know more creative people and exchange opinions on personal art, but mostly because it's spring here in Australia and the sense of extreme loneliness has set in, ha ha...

Anyway, I hope you are all doing well and I look forward to making awkward conversation with you interesting people out there!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey all! Joined back in 2015, but sort of fell off of it with a big move and life stuff.

I follow Socionics, in which I am an IEE (ENFP).
Through Enneagram, which I am still trying to get used to, I am type 7w6, with trifix of 2w1, 9w1
Throwing in astrology, just for fun - Sun in Pisces, Moon in Gemini, Ascendant in Capricorn.

Glad to keep exploring!

·
Registered
1 Posts
H3llo! I`ll let the 3 be there since it wanted to be. I am here to study. I have been obsessed with MBTI before, hated it some time, and now finally I am here to let all dimensions of my personality to act themselfs up. It is up to you people, how I am typed. After all live is a setup I am given to ac from upon, but I believe in integration in every type whitin myself. My currrent interest and weakness seems to be diving into nonsense like this. So will I embrace it - definately won`t resist it. :^) To reveal something about myself - core drive is to be like infj, but I am not. Surely, I don´t have a hell idea what really am since I seem to drop out of boxing (and there is a box set up for me).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello, I'm new here. Don't know exactly what to write. I've been reading this thread and you all seem so nice and cool.

Guess I'm an INTP, but what is for sure in this world? For all I know, I might be a sensor, or a feeler. One curious thing about MBTI is that context is a huge factor and I've seen some results change after a change in the context itself. Introverts becoming extroverts (and realizing they were in an unhealty period before), and vice versa. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I'll love to learn from you knowledge and experiences about MBTI.

As you may notice, English is not my first language, so I apologize beforehand and gladly accept your corrections. Always learning.

Oh God, I'm so nervous just to write this here :laughing:

·
Registered
ISFP
1,176 Posts
Hey newbs! I am a semi-newb, and I welcome you all in PerC, since it seemed like quite a dead thread.

Share your aspirations, how you got interested in typology, how you hope to use it to propel you IRL...etc.

For me, my aspiration is to retain my creative energy till adulthood. I got interested in typology when it started trending back in 2016. I use it as a guide to know which trait to work on. Example: I think I am an ISFP, with a less developed Ni and Te according to the function stack. So I work on those traits so that I become a more rounded up and balanced person.

·
Registered
ISFJ
5,198 Posts
Hey newbs! I am a semi-newb, and I welcome you all in PerC, since it seemed like quite a dead thread.

Share your aspirations, how you got interested in typology, how you hope to use it to propel you IRL...etc.

For me, my aspiration is to retain my creative energy till adulthood. I got interested in typology when it started trending back in 2016. I use it as a guide to know which trait to work on. Example: I think I am an ISFP, with a less developed Ni and Te according to the function stack. So I work on those traits so that I become a more rounded up and balanced person.
hi. i think my kids introduced me to MBTI. i'm not exactly sure if that's true or not though as I can't really remember. I find MBTI interetsing. I don't really expect it to propel me life so to say. i just think it's a cool modality into getting to know other people better.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good evening. I am new to this forum. I was introduced to MBTI in 2012 on another (gaming) forum which I left after getting frustrated with seeing forum users often gang up on outcasts and finding myself unable to make any kind of meaningful defense against it without being flamebaited and very bothered. I fell out of forums around 2015, and have mainly been wandering the anonymous net, seeing the same dynamics wherever I go and getting sick over it. I feel like I cannot escape from this reaction cycle unless I work on rebuilding a respect for social dynamics in a less toxic environment, so I have been looking for some time for an interesting, active, and welcoming forum (presumably like this?)

Since finding MBTI in 2012 I have been interested on-and-off in typing myself and others, or sometimes fictional characters, trying to understand how personality works, but I have had a very imperfect understanding of it then and now, and often feel that it gets distracting and feverish to think about. So I am here now, partly to try to understand personality classification more smoothly, and partly to work on smoothing out my own personality.

·
Banned
ENFJ — sx/so — 2w3 7w6 9w8: The Peacekeeper
4,399 Posts
Hello there, I've been on this forum for quite a while and love making new friends! All you have to do is drop by my page and I'll leave you a message in 5 seconds flat :tongue:

481 - 500 of 528 Posts