Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

I'm newcomer to 'Personality Cafe' and I wanted to say "Hello" to you all.

I have come across this site a number of times but decided today it is a must I join. Topic discussions such as "born in 1987", "Generation X/Y" and "I identify more with the 80s than 90s" have drawn me to this site.

Additionally learning today I am an ESFP from the quiz results is another interest on my list I want to further learn and understand.

Just a hello and a bit about me.

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Preciselyd and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Preciselyd. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Hi Everyone

I'm newcomer to 'Personality Cafe' and I wanted to say "Hello" to you all.

I have come across this site a number of times but decided today it is a must I join. Topic discussions such as "born in 1987", "Generation X/Y" and "I identify more with the 80s than 90s" have drawn me to this site.

Additionally learning today I am an ESFP from the quiz results is another interest on my list I want to further learn and understand.

Just a hello and a bit about me.
Hi @Preciselyd, welcome to PerC! Glad you are here.

So... what are some of your favorite things from the 80s? :)

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi @Preciselyd, welcome to PerC! Glad you are here.

So... what are some of your favorite things from the 80s? :)
Hi @angelfish, thank you for your warm welcome and words.

My favourite things from the 80s is the:
* Music - More meaningful and respectful. The music videos were electric, had a rock edge and mainly bright.I find the music from the mid 90s and on to have less meaning and be very disrespectful e.g. swearing, n-word, b*tches, sexual etc.
* Movies - The intro, middle and end contained music/ soundtracks but now it is mainly in the middle. The scenes in the movies were not geared towards sex and there is more of a plot line.
* Hairstyle - Loved the big hair which is seen in Rock bands.
* Clothes - The clothes had a rock edge, experimental, bright-coloured (UK spelling) etc.

There are more things but not coming to mind at the moment.

What are your favourite things from a preferred decade of choice?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Welcome! The rave is to my left haha.

Reactions: Preciselyd

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,905 Posts
:welcome:

Hi and welcome.
I think I posted in your thread earlier today
So hello again

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Welcome to the forum! And also, agree with you on 80s hair. Always loved that myself, classic Sigourney Weaver type shit. BTW your hair is awesome. You def got that 80s vibe going.

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the forum! And also, agree with you on 80s hair. Always loved that myself, classic Sigourney Weaver type shit. BTW your hair is awesome. You def got that 80s vibe going.
Hi @Conscience Killer, bless your heart and thank you for your message. It's nice to see we both like the 80s hair.

80s vibes love it!

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Hi @angelfish, thank you for your warm welcome and words.

My favourite things from the 80s is the:
* Music - More meaningful and respectful. The music videos were electric, had a rock edge and mainly bright.I find the music from the mid 90s and on to have less meaning and be very disrespectful e.g. swearing, n-word, b*tches, sexual etc.
* Movies - The intro, middle and end contained music/ soundtracks but now it is mainly in the middle. The scenes in the movies were not geared towards sex and there is more of a plot line.
* Hairstyle - Loved the big hair which is seen in Rock bands.
* Clothes - The clothes had a rock edge, experimental, bright-coloured (UK spelling) etc.

There are more things but not coming to mind at the moment.

What are your favourite things from a preferred decade of choice?
Well, I do love the 80s too and particularly agree about the music! My husband and I decided to have a good amount of 80s music at our wedding including our first dance and it was awesome. We didn't know whether our families would be much into dancing but they danced their hearts out. I too love the brightness/darkness, energy, sort of wholesomeness/genuineness.

Movies I'm not as familiar with but I love the big hair and neon colors as well! Wish my hair would ever cooperate - I got a perm in high school and it was quite terrible to be honest - I have very fine hair but lots of it so it was just an odd combination. Yours is beautiful though!

I do also love the 90s - I was born in the late 80s too but the 90s imprinted on me too for whatever reason - hypnotized by all that Lisa Frank, maybe! :tongue:

·
Banned
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I do love the 80s too and particularly agree about the music! My husband and I decided to have a good amount of 80s music at our wedding including our first dance and it was awesome. We didn't know whether our families would be much into dancing but they danced their hearts out. I too love the brightness/darkness, energy, sort of wholesomeness/genuineness.

Movies I'm not as familiar with but I love the big hair and neon colors as well! Wish my hair would ever cooperate - I got a perm in high school and it was quite terrible to be honest - I have very fine hair but lots of it so it was just an odd combination. Yours is beautiful though!

I do also love the 90s - I was born in the late 80s too but the 90s imprinted on me too for whatever reason - hypnotized by all that Lisa Frank, maybe! :tongue:
May you and your husband continue to be abundant blessed. It's nice to read that you incorporated the decade you were born in your wedding i.e. 80s music. If I get married I will do the same as you have done adding 80s music. Early 90s music equally. At least the men were singing a lot of love songs and how they couldn't live without their woman. Now it's b*tch, wh*re, sl*ut and offence words. Nice to read your family danced their hearts out. I find 80s music will not disappoint.

Wigs have helped me out when it comes to big hair. I have fine hair too. I also wish my hair would cooperate. Hair grows so you'll be fine.

I never knew the Unicorn art design is by Lisa Frank. Honestly learn something new every day.
lisa-frank-rainbow-mischief_a-l-14353705-9201946.jpg

·
Premium Member
35,422 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts