Personality Cafe banner

NF are probably the worst... Here's why:

4K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  NIHM 
#1 ·
Allow you to introduce me yourselves. I came here after I seen penguinz0's video (an originally 2007 YouTuber/Twitch streamer, for those who live above a rock) about personality types, aka cr1tikal's/Charlie White. His content is based on many things including personal opinions, food, games and most importantly podcasts (he interviewed many "famous" people, i.e. Felix Kjellberg). I thought it'd be cool to take that test, at start I took that 16 pers. Myers Briggs colourful test + another one on truity that shown 3 results, found myself that I'm mainly an INFJ, but truity shown that ENFJ is my possibly my secondary personality, however, few days after, I discussed personality types with other people and they had interest, retook the test again just incase, found myself ENFJ, did another time later on on a third website, found myself INFJ... I'll explain to you why I written that title, but keep reading or you won't understand.

Back in 2011, my mom used to tell me about astrology and I found it unique, although after a decade, it seems to be farfetched regarding much stuff and I found it basically bs, however some, maybe a very little are true, but it's all theoretical, personality types are technically also theoretical, but they rely on rationality and reasoning, which seem to me much more appealing & fruitful.

I found this site few days ago by googling "personalities", found this website Very Well Mind (there's also verywellhealth.com) and read about few personalities, also found PrC, wish if I could've found it earlier but it's better than ever not! Read about cognitive functions a bit, but when I came here I found people with stuff like: 7w8, 2s4, 9d5. So can someone explain to me what the hell are these stuff?

I'd also like knowing about more ways to get to know myself because I really find myself interesting based on my methodology & the way I view things. I'm into everything new, psychology, life related topics, controversial topics, weird thoughts including conspiracy theories and discussing others' life issues, while discerning, maintaining rationality & intuition.

I need a few more dozens of tests to fully understand myself, and would like to look in every perspective because it's really interesting, also we can discuss topics like, parenting, society downfall, industries or anything you find interesting, people here are pretty much cultivated and it's not something I often see nowadays.

Do not dare hesitate to reply or ignore after reading, it'd be such a waste of time which is pretty shameful since you already clicked! "Never judge a book based on it's cover", I know few of you might be still be pissed because of the title, but hey no hard feelings, this is the first impression and I had to be creative. The title was just a clickbait to spice things up! Admit that this was decently good ;)

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I'm guessing you're new to MBTI because 16 Personalities and Truity are inaccurate. Those type by letter, which more closely resonates with SLOAN (Big 5). Your 4-letter code is based off of Jung's theory of cognitive functions. Most of the people I know who claim to be INFJ after taking the 16 Personalities test are actually mistyped ISFJ's or INFP's.

There are 8 cognitive functions: 4 judging types (Fe, Fi, Te, Ti) and 4 perceiving types (Se, Si, Ne, Ni). T/F stands for thinking/feeling, S/N stands for sensing/intuition, and e/i stands for extroverted/introverted (this does not mean how socially extroverted/introverted you are, but rather whether your focus is external or internal). So take Se for example, that means extroverted sensing. Each of the 16 MBTI types has a set of 4 cognitive functions in different stacking orders.

Here's a very, very vague description of each function from what I've learned (see spoiler):

Fe - likes making decisions based on group values and what they think would accommodate the most people, strives for group harmony
Fi - likes making decisions based on their own internally based moral/ethical values
Te - likes making decisions based on outcome-based benefits, good at being objective and putting aside feelings when making decisions, systematic
Ti - likes making decisions based on what makes the most logical sense to what they know, strives for inner logical consistency, typically needs to see the process of how something works before fully being able to understand or accept it

Se - takes things in as they are, sees the world in its rawest form, lives in the moment, present-oriented
Si - takes things in based on their relation to past experiences, pays attention to details, likes routines
Ne - looks for possibilities - not just what things are but what they could be, finds meaning behind things, good at branching out from one idea to form multiple
Ni - takes things in and unconsciously processes them to jump to conclusions, may have trouble explaining their perceptions of things (this one is probably the hardest to explain and understand)

Each type has 2 judging and 2 perceiving functions in its stack. One thinking and one feeling (one is introverted and one is extroverted), and one sensing and one perceiving (again, one is introverted and one is extroverted). Here's the stacking order for each type (see spoiler):

ESFJ: Fe, Si, Ne, Ti
ISFJ: Si, Fe, Ti, Ne
ESTJ: Te, Si, Ne, Fi
ISTJ: Si, Te, Fi, Ne
ESFP: Se, Fi, Te, Ni
ISFP: Fi, Se, Ni, Te
ESTP: Se, Ti, Fe, Ni
ISTP: Ti, Se, Ni, Fe
ENFJ: Fe, Ni, Se, Ti
INFJ: Ni, Fe, Ti, Se
ENTJ: Te, Ni, Se, Fi
INTJ: Ni, Te, Fi, Se
ENFP: Ne, Fi, Te, Si
INFP: Fi, Ne, Si, Te
ENTP: Ne, Ti, Fe, Si
INTP: Ti, Ne, Si, Fe

XXXJ's have an extroverted judging function as their dom/aux and XXXP's have an extroverted perceiving function as their dom/aux. Just because you are a XXXJ doesn't mean you are an organized person who likes to plan things ahead of time, and being an XXXP doesn't necessarily mean you're disorganized, which is what 16 Personalities makes them to be.

Your first (dominant) function is the strongest, and the other functions (auxiliary, tertiary, and inferior) work together to serve it. Your inferior function is the one you're weakest in. Note that your personality may not fit perfectly with the functions though, everyone is going to use a little bit of each function even if it's not in their type's stack.

7w8 is an example of an enneagram type. The first number is your core type that describes you the best, and the second number (your wing, hence the w) is a number adjacent to your core type (so a type 7 can have a 6 or 8 wing) and depends on which one you relate to closer out of the two.
Here is some info on the nine enneagram types: Type Descriptions — The Enneagram Institute

I'm not sure where you saw the stuff like 2s4 and 9d6, but those aren't a thing.

#3 · (Edited)
I'm guessing you're new to MBTI because 16 Personalities and Truity are inaccurate.
Yeah, I am. Are there any recommendations for other alternatives or like I have to find my cognitive functions myself?

There are 8 cognitive functions: 4 judging types (Fe, Fi, Te, Ti) and 4 perceiving types (Se, Si, Ne, Ni). T/F stands for thinking/feeling, S/N stands for sensing/intuition, and e/i stands for extroverted/introverted (this does not mean how socially extroverted/introverted you are, but rather whether your focus is external or internal). So take Se for example, that means extroverted sensing. Each of the 16 MBTI types has a set of 4 cognitive functions in different stacking orders.
Say for example, ENFJ has Ti, does that mean my thinking is introverted? Can you define that more? Do you mean by "but rather your focus is external or internal", that it's more of a selfish/selfless function? So like thinking introverted means I think about myself more or I keep my thoughts to myself? Or both? :b Sorry, this part was a bit unclear and confusing, since I always question things in every possible way.

Here's a very, very vague description of each function from what I've learned (see spoiler):

Fe - likes making decisions based on group values and what they think would accommodate the most people, strives for group harmony
Fi - likes making decisions based on their own internally based moral/ethical values
Te - likes making decisions based on outcome-based benefits, good at being objective and putting aside feelings when making decisions like these, systematic
Ti - likes making decisions based on what makes the most logical sense to what they know, strives for inner logical consistency, typically needs to see the process of how something works before fully being able to understand or accept it

Se - takes things in as they are, seeing the world in its rawest form, lives in the moment, present-oriented
Si - takes things in based on their relation to past experiences, pays attention to details
Ne - looks for possibilities - not just what things are but what they could be, finds meaning behind things, good at branching out from one idea to form multiple
Ni - takes things in and unconsciously processes them to jump to conclusions, may have trouble explaining their perceptions of things (this one is probably the hardest to explain and understand)
I suppose that these are personal analysis based on researching/experience, pretty thankful for your efforts, will note them down, appreciated, I'd love seeing any further information regarding these if you've any sources, interested much.
You can also tell me about your experiences if you've any, like, how did you come to such conclusions and for how long you been doing this? :)

Each type has 2 judging and 2 perceiving functions in its stack. One thinking and one feeling (one is introverted and one is extroverted), and one sensing and one perceiving (again, one is introverted and one is extroverted). Here's the stacking order for each type (see spoiler):

ESFJ: Fe, Si, Ne, Ti
ISFJ: Si, Fe, Ti, Ne
ESTJ: Te, Si, Ne, Fi
ISTJ: Si, Te, Fi, Ne
ESFP: Se, Fi, Te, Ni
ISFP: Fi, Se, Ni, Te
ESTP: Se, Ti, Fe, Ni
ISTP: Ti, Se, Ni, Fe
ENFJ: Fe, Ni, Se, Ti
INFJ: Ni, Fe, Ti, Se
ENTJ: Te, Ni, Se, Fi
INTJ: Ni, Te, Fi, Se
ENFP: Ne, Fi, Te, Si
INFP: Fi, Ne, Si, Te
ENTP: Ne, Ti, Fe, Si
INTP: Ti, Ne, Si, Fe

I'd say I'm (self diagnosing, DO NOT TRY AT HOME): 99% Ti (didn't see God but believes in him based on researching and finding proofs acknowledging the fact I was an atheist for a bit, not a Christian nor a pagan but a Muslim), 95% Fi, I also think Fe is important but my thoughts are much better than others - huge claim but facts, but would definitely compensate based on the first two. Te is also related to being unbiased which kind of contradicts Fi, balancing rationality on a 60% vs 40% intuition. Look, in a nutshell I care about humanity and also value rationality but I think my ethic/moral values are the most righteous (regarding mental and physical wellbeing) if applied not just on me but also everyone else, too much confidence in my opinions but I almost made them turn into facts to me, which is good because I find people with the same thinking, not much but a few which is okay because unique thinking isn't supposed to be that common. I'd say I'm 99% Ne & Si, numbers may seem too high but I believe in a good amount of conspiracy theories while being skeptic, they don't seem illogical to me since I believe there's good and evil, which wants opposing the other, also I do like talking with people about mostly their and my experiences, viewing different problems while trying to provide the most accurate solution, not one but many if there are, based on my analysis and rationality. Where the goal is to satisfy others having actual help and someone listening to them, getting "the best" advices possible & gaining their years of experiences in a matter of minutes if not hours or days, not few but much people, all online anyway, since I have had my most conversations online, has it's own pros and cons sides anyway, you may be surprised if I said more pros. Ti, Fi/Fe, Ne, Si I'd say, but Idrk the order. Just looked at ENFJ and I'm not even Ni/Se at all. Ti% > Te%, however Fi for sure.. I based my personality on your very, very vague description :b , I guess I should make myself a new personality since I don't find myself belonging to any of those... Although looking "ENFJ" on verywellmind shown me my pros and cons semi accurately... Idk if you know that site but now you know. I'm also into idealism that I have borderline OCD if that adds up anything as well as deep/long &/ critical thinking encouraged civilized discussions. Edit: ESFJ seems to be the perfect match but unsure about the order, since I like counselling people, learning from experiences & getting satisfied off their satisfaction, looks for possibilities and questions everything seeking the best of the best, very rational.

XXXJ's have an extroverted judging function as their dom/aux and XXXP's have an extroverted perceiving function as their dom/aux. Just because you are a XXXJ doesn't mean you are an organized person who likes to plan things ahead of time, and being an XXXP doesn't necessarily mean you're disorganized, which is what 16 Personalities makes them to be.

Your first (dominant) function is the strongest, and the other functions (auxiliary, tertiary, and inferior) work together to serve it. Your inferior function is the one you're weakest in. Note that your personality may not fit perfectly with the functions though, everyone is going to use a little bit of each function even if it's not in their type's stack.
I myself isn't currently an organized person, but I'd love being so only if I can stay consistent but there's some lack of motivation proportionally with procrastination. Idk if that's J or P but I'll know one day anyway.. I'd like knowing how can I have functions sorted based on a test or something trustable, so I assume it takes the most 2 judging + 2 perceiving types, so it's basically like, XX < XX < XX < XX.

7w8 is an example of an enneagram type. The first number is your core type that describes you the best, and the second number (your wing, hence the w) is a number adjacent to your core type (so a type 7 can have a 6 or 8 wing) and depends on which one you relate to closer out of the two.
Here is some info on the nine enneagram types: Type Descriptions — The Enneagram Institute
I'm not sure where you saw the stuff like 2s4 and 9d6, but those aren't a thing.
Are there any sort of tests for that or I have to figure them out myself? And about the 2s4 & 9d6, I just really dropped random stuff because I didn't care much about previously meaningless characters for me haha.

That was REALLY long, but it was worth it, I really appreciate your efforts, since you taught me a lot about it so I'd like to thank you ؛)

Also I noticed your:
sp/sx • 584 • SLI • FLEV • RCUEN + [ Se > Ti > Ne > Fi > Te = Ni > Fe = Si ], can you teach me these if possible? ^^
Maybe after providing me more answers so I have more knowledge though.

#8 ·
ENFJ and INFJ use the same cognitives functions (Ni Se Ti Fe), same as ISTP and ESTP, just in a different order or preference.

I find it's a bit easier to understand cognitive functions than to type yourself with enneagram. I know pretty much which functions I use most of the time in a situation but I can't tell if I'm using head, heart or gut in a situation. :\

Reactions: NIHM
#13 ·
In a weird way it gives me a sense of intrigue, maybe even a twisted sense of pride that I belong to a group of types that produced some really evil people (NFs). It’s because even though they’re vile as one could possibly me, it certainly doesn’t make us run of the mill at least lol. Hitler’s backstory is sort of interesting. And for those like Bin Laden, I mean being so driven by a single set of ideas, morals (or lack of, in their case), and vision that comes not from rational thought but from the depths of the heart is fascinating to me and something I can relate to although of course I am not an evil, genocide invoking dictator or terrorist leader (though sometimes I do have a vague feeling that I could be driven to similar actions if the right mix of pain, insanity and idealism hit me).

I haven’t watched the movie yet but it’s like Batman vs Joker, to me Joker represents the manifestation and attempts to redress / fight back at a broken system while Batman represents the system’s desperate attempts to maintain and justify the utterly unfair and unsustainable status quo. Therefore in the general sense I identity more with Joker than Bruce Wayne.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.