Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Random thought!
In our minds there is a haven for people of peace living in a world of animosity.What does your haven look like? :wink:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Haven't needed it in years, understand myself pretty well at this point, but back in high school I used to go there a couple times a month.

There's a tree in the sunlight surrounded by a small field of grass about twice ankle height, it's bright, the grass is green, and definitely summer. The grass field isn't that big, maybe 10 meters in diameter, surounded by a ring of flowers that extends much further out towards forests, paths, mountains, hill crests, etc depending on direction. I always wake up there snoozing against the tree. There are two paths that leave the field through the flowers all around the ring of grass. one goes to a cave in a cliff face eventually, after I cross a river by jumping on slippery, flat stones while being mocked and taunted by a character that lives in the river... it's complicated. The Other is a bit longer, and leads up to a ridge overlooking a lake. I can keep going down towards the lake, but there is only a single dock at the end of the trail. if I go out to the edge of the dock and sit there, this is the place I am happiest. If I need to find answers to questions, I will swim out to a whirlpool that will take me down into an underwater cavern. Both caves have different kinds of answers with different characters that exist to help me sort out different types of problems. Both occasionally subject me to new tests that I don't consciously understand. I just know they are choices that need to be made and have some significance and meaning that maybe I am not ready to accept.

My happiness is primarily based on my value system syncing with my actions, so when that was out of sync, this place is one of the more drastic resorts I used to employ to discover how to tweak my conscious understanding of my value system to better match the unconscious one that demands fulfillment with every action I take.

Of course, I didn't understand it like that when I was using it :p

·
Registered
547 Posts
My haven is a island seashore lit in a perpetual golden sunset, or sunrise (I don't know which). And I'd have a Peter Pan-like friend who'd take me on adventures around the island, from catching fish and picking fruit and frying them over burning firewood to camping out in a cosy beach cave.
Heh come to think of it my haven is actually pretty cool. Gotta go back some time. Maybe this time we'll go boating, or we'll canoe up the river and into the jungle.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
My happy, safe place exists in my mind, of course. I think of those I love - my parents, my sister, my few close friends who have stood the test of time and enrich and inspire me. I'll get into my jammies and just think about these individuals, the wonders of my humble world, and I'll find a slice of happy, however fleeting it is. I believe knowing I'm loved keeps my spirit alive and well. And knowing I love, too.

·
PerC's 6w6
5,874 Posts
I feel happy and comfortable in front of my PC.

Failing that, I use my iPod to listen to music and insulate myself from the outside world.

Failing that I stay silent and withdraw into my my thoughts.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I don't have a happy place. Never have.
Though I used to day dream about a better world for everyone when I was a kid.

However, if I have some kind of emotion going on, I make sure to change the environment I'm in to my liking. It's sort of like puffing the pillows so it's more comfortable.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Lolz - I go jump in the TARDIS with The Doctor and travel throughout the universe...

(Particularly with Ten and Donna Noble. And sometimes Captain Jack if I'm feeling naughty. ) ;-)

·
Banned
72 Posts
the entity tries to trick my sanity now

haven, my foot

heaven = haven. so will know about it once am down under

now, will the soul enter in one? A place where I have been, What i see and know of - 'the hall' ?

does the soul have the 'hall' in life where exists all norms of actions, commited by fellow souls? been there? everyday?
does it shake one ever? suck the veins of the living spirit, and to ask: why am i living?

welcome to the hall. hall=hell

and somewhere for a nanosecond, yes a small portal i step into that reaffirms my existence - the haven.
the soul is beyond lucky 2 have zat

·
Registered
624 Posts
A camping place near a river with a camp fire. If I could be there forever I would.
Preferably with someone who doesn't make me feel like I have to act someone else then me.

Or complete darkness with no room for thought or emotions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts