Votes: 3 13.0%
  • ENFJ, Yes

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • ENFJ, No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago I saw someone said on PerC (or youtube, not sure) that they noticed that NFPs have a trait of scrunching their noses when they smile, so like they push their mouth up to their nose if that makes sense.

I know for me it's true, and I want to test the idea by getting you guys to vote in this poll. I added NFJs as a control group.

If my description of the smile thing wasn't good enough I could look for a video example, just ask me.

So, vote YES if you do the nose scrunching smile and vote NO if you don't.

·
Registered
4w5
1,535 Posts
When I was little, I would always scrunch my nose when laughing or smiling. I don't do it anymore, but I definitely smile like what you described.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
No, it appears my nose seems fairly complacent when I smile. :|

·
Registered
770 Posts
I voted no in the sense that I don't have the smile that's described. But I do think I have an INFP smile, which to me is a bit demure with subtly expressive eyes.
Same. I think the NFP smile is the kind of smile where you're not smiling too much with your eyes or the rest of your face - it's more limited to just your mouth area. I have to work to make my eye looks smile-y. They don't naturally go that way.

On the plus side, I won't develop crow's feet until I'm in my late 30 or early 40s. My momma has the same smile and she's looked younger than her age for a very long time.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Same. I think the NFP smile is the kind of smile where you're not smiling too much with your eyes or the rest of your face - it's more limited to just your mouth area. I have to work to make my eye looks smile-y. They don't naturally go that way.

On the plus side, I won't develop crow's feet until I'm in my late 30 or early 40s. My momma has the same smile and she's looked younger than her age for a very long time.
I'm the opposite. I barely move my mouth at all. Mostly just a half-smirk. I don't do smiley eyes, I do "sparkly eyes", if that makes sense. I don't actually "do" anything with my eyes physically, but I focus everything in me to radiate through my eyes and somehow it comes through...

·
Registered
15,895 Posts
I think I scrunch my nose - but not sure if it's nfp related . From observation- I know fi users don't have wide smile - or can't smile on demand as to Fe users have wider smile , I kinda agree with that statement .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: shedreamt

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean.. I answered without reading cos I felt I had an NFP smile regardless.

My smile is kind of like when a baby smiles. It's a wholesome kind of smile.

On the flipside, I can't fake emotions, so when I smile it's usually because I am radiating a kind of joy on the inside.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I typically only scrunch my nose when I'm laughing...and it has to be a good belly laugh.

·
Registered
INFP(?) 9w1 sp/sx ♀
1,221 Posts
No, scrunching my nose takes effort and feels unnatural for me. My natural smiles are closed-lipped for subtle contentedness and wide-eyed, open-mouthed (jaw-dropped) ones for pleasant surprise or some other high degree of happiness, but my eyes and nose don't change.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts