Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has it ever happened to you?

I only feel bad about smashing the other person's ideal when they're NFs. If they're clearly not, I don't really. There are usually other factors that make it uncomfortable, like when they call me at home and I didn't give out my number, but it's heartless of me.

Thoughts? Please share your streams-of-consciousness. :happy:

·
Banned
1,296 Posts
Are you not my friend? :(
But I want to beeee your friend ! Please? Please? Please?
With ice-cream on top ? *Beams*

I think we do want more NF friends. I know I want this now. I chose the wrong kind of friends, and I admit it.
However, I do think that friendships are indeed a rare thing. Long-term friendships are even more so. It takes time for it to nurture and so forth.

I think with our own NF nature, we are seen as friendly and therefore can make friends easily? I think when the extension is not given, then this is seen as a shock to some people. I have to admit that, I haven't actually got my friendship criterias down to a tee yet. I made some seriously bad judgments on my part. Though, I hope to rectify this in the future.

I came to realise that I myself need different things because of who I am, when I met another 20-something NF in real life in the last couple of years. I found that, she is reliant on me, and obviously I understood her and her issues greatly, but then I was not able to be constantly be there for her emotionally, physically and so forth. I came to realise this when she expected me to come out to help her with her shopping like a good boyfriend. Good friendships should be inter-dependent, and not co-dependent. I also realised that we are on different wavelengths, and age group. There is no way that I want to be another Fairy Godmother to another person, when I have more than x number of younger cousins, nephews to help and care for. We do have to sometimes make harsh choices in life. When we give too much, we deplete ourselves...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mei. I appreciate the reply.

I get sweet-talked into doing things I first protest too often by non-NFs. I wish I had more NF friends too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts