Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you NF's,

How often do you ever feel lonely? How easy is it for you to overcome loneliness, and how do you go about that?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I feel lonely every day. When I'm feeling this way, I usually try to contact family and/or friends, go somewhere/get out of the house (e.g. go to the gym), or I will attempt to entertain myself through video games, television, or movies.

I've also found that exercising helps a lot. Try it out.

·
Banned
2,505 Posts
I usually go out to a restaurant or to the student union and read a book. I feel way less lonely when I'm around people, even when I'm not interacting with them at all.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I used to feel very sharp feelings of loneliness when I was in highschool and starting college. Over time something changed and I very rarely feel lonely nowadays.

I don't really need to overcome loneliness because this feeling is only fleeting for me. Usually just doing something else, preoccupying with things that interest me will automatically make me forget about it. I guess it is easy being Ni dominant - with or without people I am rarely bored. I also see a lot of other people moving and living areas where they don't know anybody - known a lot of international students etc. - so I've come to accept this as normal, just a fact of life.

·
Registered
1 Posts
*1st time post! Yay! Lol*

It depends on what kind of "lonliness" you're refering to. Is it lonliness due to being single, or is it because you live alone?

For me, my lonliness comes from being single (without a companion/significant other) for such a long time. I overcome it by reading a book, watch some TV/news, just about anything that'll get my mind off of wishing I had someone special to talk to.

·
Registered
82 Posts
calling someone, writing, or working on a piece of music does wonders.

some sort of self- expression alleviates it; an emotional charge

·
Registered
726 Posts
I write while I think about the source of the loneliness. Sometimes those random fits have a definitive source and I can work it out.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Lately I have been feeling more lonely than usual. I hardly ever felt lonely before, just content with being alone. Its usually easy to get over though. Just some music, watch something funny or something I genuinely like, chat, read. Then I hardly care anymore.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I feel alone more than I should, I have a large amount of friends but my loneliness comes out of having my closest friends not in my everyday life. I immerse myself with people, and laugh it away, or play music and escape for a little while...

·
Registered
726 Posts
I feel alone more than I should, I have a large amount of friends but my loneliness comes out of having my closest friends not in my everyday life. I immerse myself with people, and laugh it away, or play music and escape for a little while...
I find it so fascinating that ENFP's need their soul mates too! It makes me smile because ENFP's know what it is to have many more relationships than I do and sincerely enjoy those other numerous relationships, but then they know what it is to savor the water of specific spirits. Rock on!

Reactions: Jigsaw

·
Registered
63 Posts
I find it so fascinating that ENFP's need their soul mates too! It makes me smile because ENFP's know what it is to have many more relationships than I do and sincerely enjoy those other numerous relationships, but then they know what it is to savor the water of specific spirits. Rock on!
This could just be me having some introverted tendencies, but I would trade all of my friends for a true soulmate, just to feel understood, and be able to share life together. Though I think that person would have to be as crazy as me :)
Btw I really like that phrase "savor the water of a specific spirit" :)

·
Registered
726 Posts
This could just be me having some introverted tendencies, but I would trade all of my friends for a true soulmate, just to feel understood, and be able to share life together. Though I think that person would have to be as crazy as me :)
Btw I really like that phrase "savor the water of a specific spirit" :)
Glad you like it, and I don't think it's limited to you because my best-friend and my sister are both ENFP's and they also say similar about being lonely and needing that smaller circle. Keep open for that soul mate. It can happen. :laughing:

Reactions: Jigsaw

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Loneliness is dangerous for me. I feel lonely when I get depressed. When I get depressed I pull away from people. Then I feel even lonelier. I've never been able to deal with that sort of thing productively. I can be alone, sure. Sometimes I even prefer it, in limited amounts, but as soon as the feeling of loneliness itself pops up, I just get into this rut of unproductive negativity.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts