Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
My fire captian and fire fighters at the station I work at, law enforcement, service men and women and soo many more !

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Michael Jordan - I don't remember much about it, but there was this one time in new york when I was younger and in the YMCA, where someone was telling me about it. Oh yeah...I remember it now. I was with my mom, and we a car passed by and my mom was telling me about it I think. He became successful through his failures, though. He's a role model.

Tails (Miles Prower) - It's tails. He pulls through his weakness to help thwart a dude bent on destruction and domination, all while the leader isn't around to help. It inspired me to be independent when I was a little younger. He's a role model.

·
Registered
ENFP
4,206 Posts
Common everyday folks who don't have much power, but use whatever they can to live a life with passion, conviction, and meaning.

Basically, anybody who lives life as though they DO have a place in this universe, even if they feel as though it's menial/nothing in the grand scheme of things, at least they 'try' with honesty and sincerity. It's the little things that make a huge difference, and impacts us all in idiosyncratic ways.

Mostly, people who are out there who aren't afraid to pursue their own happiness for the betterment of mankind.

My heroes tend to be those who understand the meaning of connectedness, that we are all connected somehow, even though we aren't sure how..

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Rick Bragg, the writer. When he rights about people you see the person as a whole person, the good, the bad and the ugly. He has a great humor and a loyalty to the culture he grew up in.

George Carlen, the comedian. He always questioned what authority told him, conventional wisdom, personal motivations and traditions. He reminds me to look at things from a different view.

these are two of mine.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Mahatma Gandhi - I'd rather my hero be someone more unknown and obscure, but when I read the OP, he's the person who came charging into my mind.

He's my hero because he did what he did from a solid belief within himself that it was truly the right thing to do. Just because he did the impossible, doesn't mean he wasn't riddled with doubts and fear. But he did it anyways. And he did what he did without forcefully shoving it down everyone's throat. It was more of stating what he knew to be his truth, sticking to his guns (ha ha), and calling on people to look deep inside themselves and make them more aware of what was possible outside of what they were conditioned to think was true or possible. He "gave" people permission to do other than what they had always been told they must do. He showed the world, that things do not have to be, as we've always believed they had to be. Such as when a child asks a parent, "But why are things that way?" and the parent responds, "Because that's just how it is."

While there are people who can accomplish great things with an individual here and there throughout their lives, the grand scale of people he was able to do this with and inspire many others long after his death, is so hard for my mind to even wrap around. I feel that Albert Einstein hit it on the nail when he said:

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this walked the earth in flesh and blood."​

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Joe Finan- ... he was an achiever in music, radio, and TV. He started the second talk radio station in the country. He was also the first dj to speak to congress and testified in front of congress. He survived a major black-ball unlike Alan Freed who coined the phrase "Rock N Roll"

Ernie Anderson- was also known as Ghoulardi- and in the 80's was voiceover guy for ABC.

Finally my grandparents rock.

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,080 Posts
Jesus, my husband, Mother Teresa, ... fictional: Superman, Batman, Maximus, The Gladiator.
Anyone who cares about people and stands up for what they believe in despite the risks. Someone who has integrity, honour and courage. Someone who will risk rejection from people to do what is right.

Reactions: GiGi

·
Registered
815 Posts
I honestly do not have heroes. I have lots of people I admire, but the word hero really doesn't fit how I feel about them.

Mother Theresa would probably be the closest to my hero though.

·
Registered
15,755 Posts
My heroes:
Mother, Father, paternal/maternal grandmother, husband.

Why?
They just are for many reasons.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Major one - Gandhi
my heroes - MLK jr. and Nelson Mandela

There are more but those are the big ones for me.

Reactions: strawberryLola

·
Super Moderator
12,373 Posts
All the unsung heroes in the world!

Reactions: penchant
1 - 16 of 16 Posts