Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An immense amount of Ni coupled with a sort of psychosis experience wherein you can use rational thought and still be in control of yourself and your surroundings, not to be confused with real psychosis, just a sub-type of it

my active imagination hasnt had a chance to really shine, only if I deprive myself of something vital to my immediate personality or surroundings then my imagination will run wild and then I'm exposed to these unusual insights that leads ti me to make leaps in development

is it just me or is there a sense of limitlessness in Ni,my Te/Ti tries to structure the thought as much as possible for me to be able to think clearly while in this state

also in the first paragraph when I experience both worlds at the same time is it normal that the colors of your immediate reality becomes vibrant and easy to see clearly? or is this experience only limited to me because of my schizophrenia?

and please if you dont understand schizophrenia at all refrain from commenting on that

my type is previously known as INTJ E4w5

can anyone help or clarify what i'M experiencing?

Reactions: SknO

·
Banned
5,877 Posts
Imagination cannot really be translated into a cognitive function, all types can be very creative.

To me imagination is getting completely lost in my head and coming up with so many connected dreams and ideas, often connected through definite patterns. It's being inspired by anything that reaches my feelings and triggers an intimate sensation, no matter how trivial. I'm a very quiet person but my mind and private emotions are plentiful and hard to numb out.

But I've lost my creativity quite often as well, being in a painful state can actually start the engine of my imagination. Same for deep happiness, burning anger, crippling loneliness and any kind of strong feeling.

Of course, it's all different for a Ni-dom.

A lot of what you described falls into the negative symptoms of schizophrenia, as well as sharing the loss of touch with reality that's typical of positive phases. Both mania and depression in bipolar share some slight traits with it, bipolar sits right in between psychotic and mood disorders, so I understand the struggle in determining what's real and what is not but even disorganized thinking and hallucinations don't prevent you from having thoughts of your own. To limit the impact of psychosis.

I'd suggest to read more about functions (unlikely that you use both Te and Ti on the same level) while keeping in mind that typology is a tool for understanding your mind's proceedings and deepest motivations.

It can't explain everything.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imagination cannot really be translated into a cognitive function, all types can be very creative.

To me imagination is getting completely lost in my head and coming up with so many connected dreams and ideas, often connected through definite patterns. It's being inspired by anything that reaches my feelings and triggers an intimate sensation, no matter how trivial. I'm a very quiet person but my mind and private emotions are plentiful and hard to numb out.

But I've lost my creativity quite often as well, being in a painful state can actually start the engine of my imagination. Same for deep happiness, burning anger, crippling loneliness and any kind of strong feeling.

Of course, it's all different for a Ni-dom.

A lot of what you described falls into the negative symptoms of schizophrenia, as well as sharing the loss of touch with reality that's typical of positive phases. Both mania and depression in bipolar share some slight traits with it, bipolar sits right in between psychotic and mood disorders, so I understand the struggle in determining what's real and what is not but even disorganized thinking and hallucinations don't prevent you from having thoughts of your own. To limit the impact of psychosis.

I'd suggest to read more about functions (unlikely that you use both Te and Ti on the same level) while keeping in mind that typology is a tool for understanding your mind's proceedings and deepest motivations.

It can't explain everything.
where can I find specific information on functions that would possibly help me in my search and that could be easy to understand in terms for a schizoid?

Reactions: Golden Rose

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Hmm. I mean I don't want to say that having Ni could make it easier for you to stay connected with reality with your condition because I'm certain that Ne users with schizophrenia manage to also accomplish that. But what you're describing does sound like it's potentially an Ni spin on your condition, a cognitive-influenced way of handling it, yeah.

Like (and I know this isn't truly comparable, so please excuse me this if you can) I have GAD, and it's definitely influenced by my Ni. I don't think of a thousand bad possibilities, but rather I think of one focused bad possibility that will most definitely happen if this happens. My Ne using mom, and room mate, however, have their anxiety manifested more (imo) unrealistically and with. Multitude of possibilities. Their Si also makes them fear physical things, like the structure of the holdings collapsing, an anxiety I don't suffer from at all.

However, other conditions I have aren't influenced by my Ni at all. My Tourette's is influenced by my Fe because I naturally cannot tic where it is socially acceptable (at least not now that I've gotten it under control), but I still blurt out random things like you would expect an NP to. Unfortunately people forget I can't control my condition and label me "random" anyway

Also, to my trauma is trauma. It doesn't matter that I'm an NJ, trauma still hurts like it would for any other type.

These personal examples are given to illustrate that I think some conditions are influenced by cognitive functions, while others are not. From what you've described it seems that your schizophrenia could be influenced by your Ni, but, being a History English double major in her first year of college I really cannot speak authoritatively on this topic.

Reactions: SknO and Bnova

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm. I mean I don't want to say that having Ni could make it easier for you to stay connected with reality with your condition because I'm certain that Ne users with schizophrenia manage to also accomplish that. But what you're describing does sound like it's potentially an Ni spin on your condition, a cognitive-influenced way of handling it, yeah.

Like (and I know this isn't truly comparable, so please excuse me this if you can) I have GAD, and it's definitely influenced by my Ni. I don't think of a thousand bad possibilities, but rather I think of one focused bad possibility that will most definitely happen if this happens. My Ne using mom, and room mate, however, have their anxiety manifested more (imo) unrealistically and with. Multitude of possibilities. Their Si also makes them fear physical things, like the structure of the holdings collapsing, an anxiety I don't suffer from at all.

However, other conditions I have aren't influenced by my Ni at all. My Tourette's is influenced by my Fe because I naturally cannot tic where it is socially acceptable (at least not now that I've gotten it under control), but I still blurt out random things like you would expect an NP to. Unfortunately people forget I can't control my condition and label me "random" anyway

Also, to my trauma is trauma. It doesn't matter that I'm an NJ, trauma still hurts like it would for any other type.

These personal examples are given to illustrate that I think some conditions are influenced by cognitive functions, while others are not. From what you've described it seems that your schizophrenia could be influenced by your Ni, but, being a History English double major in her first year of college I really cannot speak authoritatively on this topic.
You remind me so much about myself and my experiences :/ !!!!

I'd like to hear more about your similar experiences!!

Reactions: Pressed Flowers
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.