Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could any of you tell me what you think about your Ni and Fe use and how it affects you?

Reactions: Ik3

·
Registered
545 Posts
Why isn't anyone answering?

I like my Ni because it helps me to understand things. It allows me to see things in different ways and pick up on patterns. My Fe tends to be negative. I notice it when something has pissed me off. If I am treated unfairly, if people keep asking me for things, impolite people and other things like that.
Fe can also seem like a nagging voice at the back of my mind, always telling me what I 'should' do. I 'should' call my friend and see how they are doing kind of thing.
I think there is a battle between Ti (which thinks people are morons) and Fe (which wants people's affection). Ti almost always wins but at this point in my life Fe is raging for some affirmation. It's so irrational.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I wanted to post in this thread but i forgot and also i'm not sure if i understand the cognitive functions that well but here it goes:

-Ni
I have love-hate relationship with Ni.I love it because as Huginn said it gives you a different view.For example i remember when i was stuck with a math problem , i'd go take a shower or just relax and not thing about it and the idea would just simply pop in my mind (not the answer but the idea how to do it).The thing i hate about it is when we do math tests i can't use Ni , it only pops-up when i'm relaxed/home and when i realise how simple the solution was i just want to hit my head againts the wall.
I also hate when Ni and Ti join forces and leave Se.The terrible Ti-Ni loops.I mean they can be great i mostly mature because of them but sometimes it goes to hell when you don't feed it with enough information.Again , an example 2months ago i fucked up a friendship and i'd usually move from it but this time it's different.Ni constantly reminds me of what happend and it connects the mistakes differently everytime.I just start relaxing and it goes into my head what i could have done, why it went wrong etc.It's just annoying i don't know how to describe it.
So yeah Ni is always late...

-Fe
I am really bad with feelings i don't think i have this function developed enough.I either don't care or care too much that it all goes to shit and i become to sensitive and emotionally clingy.I can place myself in other people's shoes and understand what they'd like to hear me say to help them and i sometimes do it if i care but some people look at this as manipulation.Example "If i invite a person to go to some gathering/event and that person has social anxiety i'd say "don't worry i'll be there and if you want to leave just say so and i'll go with you"" the reason why i would say this is because i also have/had social anxiety and would like to hear those words.

^I could have totally missed the point because i'm still learning about cognitive functions also there might be some English errors.

·
Registered
47 Posts
-Ni
For example i remember when i was stuck with a math problem , i'd go take a shower or just relax and not thing about it and the idea would just simply pop in my mind (not the answer but the idea how to do it).The thing i hate about it is when we do math tests i can't use Ni , it only pops-up when i'm relaxed/home and when i realize how simple the solution was i just want to hit my head against the wall.
I love when Ni solves problems when I'm doing something else. Answering questions and solving puzzles while taking a break and listening to music. I've had random "Eureka!" moments after waking up from naps concerning things I haven't thought about for days/weeks. I disagree with not being able to use it on math tests. I've been penalized hard for using it on math tests. I remember one test, the last bonus problem was some insane multiple integral where we were supposed to use integration by parts (This was a beginning of the year pre-test to see how much Calc the class knew). I hadn't actually learned integration by parts before, I just happened to see the patterns of how multiple trigonometric functions integrate together and wrote the answer down. I had the correct answer to the question (Like one of three people in the class who did) but because I didn't write down the work (as I didn't have any work to write down) they didn't give me any credit. :(

Reactions: Tad Cooper

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks very much for the replies, I'm also still getting the hang of the functions so insight into how they work for you is very much appreciated!

Can I ask how you could go about certain tasks i.e. your thought processes, focus and motivations?

1) Describing a scene outside your window.

2) Admin, as in filling in forms etc.

3) hanging out with close friends and hanging out with acquaintances.

4) Working out what you want to do in life.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I am not sure I am answering correctly but here it goes...

1) I am attracted to whatever is happening. I notice the weather, the birds and animals, the trees and plants. Things that seem new or out of place peak my interest.

2)I hate admin. I tend to rush when filling out forms and there isn't much thinking going on lol. I just fill in the relevant information but I am usually a bit annoyed with it all. I had a job where I had to fill out 3 different forms every time I received product. It really pissed me off and part of the reason was that the forms all contained similar information. It was redundant. I guess it is just tedious for me.

3)I am not sure how to answer this. I am obviously more comfortable with close friends over acquaintances but I don't really change my behavior that much. Another thing I could add is that I try to be with my friends but not so much with my acquaintances.

4)To me it is about finding a balance (which I haven't found yet) between work and play. Maximizing my freedom and reducing outside influences is a big focus for me. A big motivator for me is to experience as much as I can with my short time here. I would prefer to experience things that few people have, so the typical modern lifestyle is constricting and stifling to me. Its been hard to balance what I want with what society forces me to do to stay alive lol.

Hopefully that helps.

·
Registered
INTJ
2,005 Posts
Ni - When I get too caught up in the moment sometimes my Ni gives me a gut feeling or spark of insight that makes me believe I might be doing the wrong thing.

Fe - Empathy for the animals and the outcast children.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.