Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although it’s the only cognitive function linked to the subconscious mind. However it’s linked to psychosis(dilusional thinking) and narcisstic personality disorder in ENTJs. As a ESTP mines functions with stress or when I am morose. Anyone agree with this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
It makes sense you experience Ni in stressful time since that's textbook grip experience with it

As an Ni-user I find I sometimes get carried off into grand delusions of how reality Truly Is if the freshest sense data and stressors in my life paint a picture that leads me to see things in ways that are themselves holistic and tied together well but in retrospect lacked key details/points that created sweeping generalizations

not sure if that's the response you were seeking but thats the mental 'dis-ease' i see with Ni

·
Registered
566 Posts
I think if you have poor mental health, Ni does not help whatsoever. Ni is all about perceiving meaning, reading into situations, looking for what's behind the curtain, analyzing things on a deeper level based on insight and search for meaning/truth. When you pair this way of thinking with a person of bad mental health, I think one may become absolutely delusional and will not know how to handle their own mind. I have had very poor emotional stability the past couple months, and in response I retreat into strong Ni and I will completely disassociate from the concrete world and bury myself in my own psyche. A lot of times (even driving) I am completely zoned out from the here and now and completely absorbed into my thoughts, reading into past events and situations and people, trying to find answers and meaning this way (while I'm completely unaware of what's going on around me). I consider this a bad thing because a person needs to be aware of their surroundings and be engaging and apart of the world in order to be able to live in it. So, pair Ni with poor mental/emotional states and you have a very dissociative human being.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Although it’s the only cognitive function linked to the subconscious mind. However it’s linked to psychosis(dilusional thinking) and narcisstic personality disorder in ENTJs. As a ESTP mines functions with stress or when I am morose. Anyone agree with this?
Yes I think there is some truth to this. Ni messes with my mind a lot. I’m obviously great at all the buisness and analytics parts of life. Using Ni and logic to always be right. But when it come to people, Ni drives me crazy. I cant concentrate because I’m worrying about what they are thinking, coming to several different conclusions at once. Reading everyone in the room is a great skill, but it’s hard to silence a screaming mind. Ni does not help my mental health, as I know it’s mostly correct, and it’s sometimes difficult dealing with knowing what others truly think without them having said a word.

·
Registered
374 Posts
it’s sometimes difficult dealing with knowing what others truly think without them having said a word.
Huh.
I've always found that puzzling, how most Ni doms or aux's take into consideration what other people think so much.
I'm familiarized with "knowing" (I mean, there isn't really such thing) what others are thinking since the context of a situation and people's reactions give it all away and indicate only certain amount of possible thoughts that could be going through someone's mind.
But even though (I think) I know what others are thinking, it never bothers me (too much) since I know that, by the end of the event (conversation, interaction, etc), they'll have different thoughts about me.
I mean, this is probably thanks to extroversion. Regardless of what people think initially, my mission is to impose another thought or idea in their heads, so their original thoughts become irrelevant.
But what surprises me is that Ni's usually don't seem to focus on that.
Thoughts are always momentary and referential for the future. One is never in another person's focus (it's usually THAT person her/himself that is in his/her main focus).
So, why is it that most Ni users are prone to get anxious about other people's thoughts?
Is it because they see human thought with a misguided sense of grandiosity?
Or is it that they see something I don't?

·
Registered
15 Posts
it’s sometimes difficult dealing with knowing what others truly think without them having said a word.
Huh.
I've always found that puzzling, how most Ni doms or aux's take into consideration what other people think so much.
I'm familiarized with "knowing" (I mean, there isn't really such thing) what others are thinking since the context of a situation and people's reactions give it all away and indicate only certain amount of possible thoughts that could be going through someone's mind.
But even though (I think) I know what others are thinking, it never bothers me (too much) since I know that, by the end of the event (conversation, interaction, etc), they'll have different thoughts about me.
I mean, this is probably thanks to extroversion. Regardless of what people think initially, my mission is to impose another thought or idea in their heads, so their original thoughts become irrelevant.
But what surprises me is that Ni's usually don't seem to focus on that.
Thoughts are always momentary and referential for the future. One is never in another person's focus (it's usually THAT person her/himself that is in his/her main focus).
So, why is it that most Ni users are prone to get anxious about other people's thoughts?
Is it because they see human thought with a misguided sense of grandiosity?
Or is it that they see something I don't?
Honestly I never thought of it from that respect so it’s a nicer point of view.

I’m not sure why I care what people think so much, all I know is that I wish I didn’t because it causes me a lot of anxiety. As an ENTJ woman especially, peoples minds do not tend to change about me after a conversation. It’s instant dislike in general. “Why should a woman be so confident?” Etc...

If you are a very attractive woman AND an ENTJ, it’s even worse. In my struggle to be accepted I’ve forgotten why I want to be, and thus, fixated on the goal and losing sight of everything else.

I guess another issue is that if I try to impose a new thought or idea in peoples heads about me it doesn’t go down to well. I tend to be as subtle as a sledgehammer and use logic and facts to argue my point. No one tends to argue with this and I tend to win, making the dislike even more substantial. This causes me to spiral emotionally if I’m honest, and I seek to be alone (which goes against my extroversion) making the issue even bigger.

Another note is that people tend to only focus on the negative of an ENTJ. People recognise the confidence and strength and never mention the positive qualities (at least not to my face)-this messes with my head to because then I think I’m doing nothing right.

Hi

·
Registered
374 Posts
Honestly I never thought of it from that respect so it’s a nicer point of view.

I’m not sure why I care what people think so much, all I know is that I wish I didn’t because it causes me a lot of anxiety. As an ENTJ woman especially, peoples minds do not tend to change about me after a conversation. It’s instant dislike in general. “Why should a woman be so confident?” Etc...

If you are a very attractive woman AND an ENTJ, it’s even worse. In my struggle to be accepted I’ve forgotten why I want to be, and thus, fixated on the goal and losing sight of everything else.

I guess another issue is that if I try to impose a new thought or idea in peoples heads about me it doesn’t go down to well. I tend to be as subtle as a sledgehammer and use logic and facts to argue my point. No one tends to argue with this and I tend to win, making the dislike even more substantial. This causes me to spiral emotionally if I’m honest, and I seek to be alone (which goes against my extroversion) making the issue even bigger.

Another note is that people tend to only focus on the negative of an ENTJ. People recognise the confidence and strength and never mention the positive qualities (at least not to my face)-this messes with my head to because then I think I’m doing nothing right.

Hi
Hi (lol)

ENTP girls are also very disliked. NT women in general just have it rough. You're not alone.
It's not wrong at all to be concerned with what others think.
Also, people hate logical arguments because, think about it, how are THEY supposed to be right? You can't have friends that are always going to be wrong! Hehe.
Most ENTJ's I know (male or female) struggle with this. The ones that seems the happiest (at least from the outside) are the ones that seriously don't care at all about what others think, not to say they don't care about how they feel.

Also, remember that the face of "Oh god she must think I'm stupid" and "HA! Who does this WOMAN think SHE is trying to know things and being right?" are some times undistinguishable. People are going to put their game faces on when they see confidence, or they'll run away. Both expressions can give erroneous indications of cold judge mentality half of the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts