Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
Introverted intuitive type
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ne and Ni - A Short Video Explanation

For those of you still unsure about your type, watch these videos and stop asking the same stupid questions (like I used to do). The first video is mainly about the differences between Ni and Ne, but it is useful in general for quelling any doubts about MBTI theory itself, and you can find many extremely insightful videos in the 'related videos' section, or on this user's channel. The second video is about the shadow functions and why we need to avoid them.

Also, side-note: the person narrating these videos is an INTJ, and the way he talks - I would argue - is almost definitive of the type. A very good baseline, if you are unsure about how an INTJ sounds in person. I myself talk the same way.

EDIT: Yes I am fucking aware that I typed Ni and Ni in the thread title. Goddamn it, PerC won't let me fix it.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I don't mind discussing cognitive function theory, but basing one's entire life or future around such psuedoscientific hypotheses seem to be a bit... retarded.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't mind discussing cognitive function theory, but basing one's entire life or future around such psuedoscientific hypotheses seem to be a bit... retarded.
Cognitive functions are not pseudoscience.

Take a psych intro class offered at your local community college.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I've taken psych classes offered at four-year state institutions already. Nowhere did they discuss cognitive functions. I will need to cross reference with some people I know who are in the psychology Ph.D program at various universities on the validity of your statement.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've taken psych classes offered at four-year state institutions already. Nowhere did they discuss cognitive functions. I will need to cross reference with some people I know who are in the psychology Ph.D program at various universities on the validity of your statement.
No offense, but I think you're full of shit, and that ultimatum basically means I have nothing else to say to you. I took Psych 1A offered at the Santa Rosa Junior College, California, USA, in the Spring of 2001, and two entire lectures were devoted to the subject of cognitive psychology, which is one of the five primary sub-fields of psychology, the other four being clinical, developmental, neuroscience, and social.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Well, maybe they discussed it. I don't think so, however. It was also many years ago, so I could have simply forgotten many of the things they spoke of, including of course the possibility of cognitive functions.

If my research yields positive, I shall of course give cognitive functions their due as a definitive aspect of modern psychology. However, the matter still remains on whether psychology itself is psuedoscientific. The definition of psychology is also important - whether we are discussing psychology as a representation of every study of the human mind, or an extremely specific category. I certainly would not consider social psychology and neurophysiology even remotely similar. Furthermore, different subfields of psychology have different proclivities regarding how rigorous their methods are, or how arbitrary their definitions and parameters are.

It would be ridiculous to claim that psychology, as a general term, is as methodically rigorous as other scientific disciplines such as physics or chemistry.

Psychology, generally speaking, strongly relies on correlational and statistical models in order to determine consistency and yield results.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stop shitting in my thread and post your own topic about it.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
You are the one who made the thread, in a public forum no less. If you don't want people to comment on it, then don't make it in the first place. Your demand is ridiculous. Should we all accept what you say, or what Dave says as the absolute truth? Is this the be-all, end-all of the human psyche?

You make absolutist claims and get pissed if someone disagrees?

·
Registered
INTP / ILE
1,309 Posts
Ti/Te Conflict :dry: oh wait :shocked: cognitive functions are a pseudoscience :crazy:

Ti = subjective own build system
Te = based on external data (objective)

This Thread is about the two Cognitive Functions Ne and Ni so you´re completly Off-Topic.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are the one who made the thread, in a public forum no less. If you don't want people to comment on it, then don't make it in the first place. Your demand is ridiculous. Should we all accept what you say, or what Dave says as the absolute truth? Is this the be-all, end-all of the human psyche?

I'm not pissed off, I just want you to stop derailing my thread with nonsense.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rhetorical questions don't have answers. lol
Lol, my bad. Sometimes humor is hard to pick up on a forum - especially when you're already in somewhat of a bad mood. No offense meant.

·
Banned
5,815 Posts
Informative videos, but I don't think the narrator is INTJ. He seems too concerned with having his opinions and advice accepted by the general public, plus he comes across as a bit abrasive and casual in his communication style, the way many xxTP types I've interacted with online usually are. I also suspect he's an extrovert, or a well-trained introvert, due to his seemingly easy time expressing his ideas.

Reactions: Donovan and luemb

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Informative videos, but I don't think the narrator is INTJ. He seems too concerned with having his opinions and advice accepted by the general public, plus he comes across as a bit abrasive and casual in his communication style, the way many xxTP types I've interacted with online usually are. I also suspect he's an extrovert, or a well-trained introvert, due to his seemingly easy time expressing his ideas.
I think you're projecting.

I've seen you do this quite a lot.

·
Banned
5,815 Posts
I think you're projecting.

I've seen you do this quite a lot.
Lol? It was an opinion, nowhere did I state it as fact or correct. This is the risk you run by interacting with others online.

And I was about to reply on an example of said narrator's inferior function, but I see its no longer needed...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts