Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
2001 - 2020 of 14957 Posts

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Can I just inject here that casting a freakishly ugly actor with a whiny voice and a molester mustache and then making him even more hideous as my favorite character from the HP universe (Lupin) really ticked me off?

ETA: They should have used David Tennant for Lupin, instead of Barty Crouch. He was wasted.

·
Banned
8,898 Posts
Can I just inject here that casting a freakishly ugly actor with a whiny voice and a molester mustache and then making him even more hideous as my favorite character from the HP universe (Lupin) really ticked me off?

ETA: They should have used David Tennant for Lupin, instead of Barty Crouch. He was wasted.
But David Tennant isn't any more attractive?

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
ESTP
7,117 Posts
I don't think characters dying from AIDs are meant to be attractive. I don't think you can portray AIDs as a sexy, trendy disease?

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
I hope this isn't too personal of a question but exactly how much of Rent have you watched Greyhart
I had to google. It's a musical? Never seen it. I grew up in a medic family. I saw photo of genitals affected by herpes when I was 5. So I sorta unintentionally know stuff about diseases? Not sure how it's related to musical.
Most people see Lupin as a metaphor for homosexuality (werewolf), which ... I guess I can see it? But ... eh.

I didn't. At all. Maybe I was too young and unexposed to any sexuality talk due to where I live.

Reactions: Pressed Flowers

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,006 ·
You're not the boss of me! =P

I LOVED Lupin ... up until that thing about abandoning his kid and running away. I wanted to slap him, and tell him to get over his self-loathing and be a dad. That was the one time I was totally on Harry's side, when Harry dressed him down about abandoning his family. Good for Harry. Someone had to say it.

But, oh my gosh, in book three? LOVE. Lupin. So. Much. SUCH an awesome character. Not that it reveals type at all, but he was ... terrific.

Would a Fi-dom go along with his friends, though, in teasing Snape? Or want to be liked so desperately as to ignore the things they do not like?

Most people see Lupin as a metaphor for homosexuality (werewolf), which ... I guess I can see it? But ... eh.
Ugh. I don't see how anyone could go along with their friends teasing another person like that :/ I'm totally on Lily's side there. (But Lupin is certainly the one Marauder I can stand.)

Oh, yes! That's it. He was abandoning his family! You don't do that, lol. I know lots of people who have, but it's still a sucky decision that hurts... everyone.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,008 ·
I had to google. It's a musical? Never seen it. I grew up in a medic family. I saw photo of genitals affected by herpes when I was 5. So I sorta unintentionally know stuff about diseases? Not sure how it's related to musical.

I didn't. At all. Maybe I was too young and unexposed to any sexuality talk due to where I live.
I was wondering how much you had seen of Rent due to you immediate jump to AIDS. I would have never thought of that.

I only jump to homosexuality because of the XMen thing.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,011 ·
I haven't seen Doctor Who. But David Tenant plays a lot of Shakespeare characters. And that's cool.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,013 ·

I try not to judge actors but... yeah you do have a point there.

Reactions: angelcat

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,015 ·
Reactions: owlet

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,016 ·
Okay. Leaving again. Please tag/notify me if you actually have something you want me to respond to. Continue chatting. Mention a function every now and then. Good bye for now ~

Reactions: Greyhart and owlet

·
ѕιr вυѕтer n&#96
ESTP
7,117 Posts
I agree, but

This. That gif is me right now, haha. You know ... all this AIDs talk reminds me of my story.

The part where Ricky comes out as gay. And the social stigma attatched to that. It's set in the 1980s in L.A btw. In a lower class area.

And the stigma attatched to Hector also, for not acting like the other boys. Not being tough, macho and degrading. People automatically assume he is gay because he is feminine. Not the case.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
I was wondering how much you had seen of Rent due to you immediate jump to AIDS. I would have never thought of that.

I only jump to homosexuality because of the XMen thing.
Aaah, not, it's an upbringing with the talk about diseases. :laughing: I also remember that as a kid mom told me that Freddie Mercury died from AIDS and she was sad and I was sad so I don't think it was much of a jump to me. Seemed like easy parallel since lycanthropy is treated like an obvious disease there. Oh, and also myself I had to take a lot of medication non-stop until I graduated. For my asthma. So I think that helped seeing his thing as a disease like mine since he had to drink disgusting herbs too.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
No, but he's adorable in that geeky kind of way that would have fit Lupin better. Granted, I kind of had a mismatch of a young Ralph Fiennes and a gangly Nicholas Rowe in my head.

Is there anyone here good with mbti AND enneagram?I really think that should be discussed
Sorry for being so on topic all the time:laughing:
Good luck with that. I used to get frustrated at topics wandering off topic. But I give up. LOL

Either way, if @hoopla or @arkigos wants to weigh in on @alittlebear being ISFJ or ESFJ, please do. (Or me, for that matter, since I inevitably pop up in a lot of their comparisons.)

2001 - 2020 of 14957 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.