Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I was watching V for Vendetta and suddenly an insight came to me when the detective is telling his colleague about what he foresees is going to happen. I think this depicts perfectly an example of what Ni does. The detective calls this a "feeling", but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a feeling produced from Fi, but his intuition(Ni). If you're familiar with the movie, you'll probably know what is happening at this point, but I think you can still appreciate what I'm talking about regardless if you've seen it or not.

Do you agree that this is Ni?

The relevant parts begin at 1:04 if you want to skip the unnecessary scenes.

Edit: The embed doesn't work, so you'll have to watch it directly from youtube. Sorry about that.

Reactions: L'Empereur

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
I LOVE this movie! I don't know much about cognitive functions...I've read a lot about them but I am still confused. I just wanted to say how much I love this movie and how cool this clip is :crazy:

·
Registered
836 Posts
This looks like the common movie device where everything falls together in a main character's mind... re: the Usual Suspects at the end. I would agree this is Ni at work.

I am unclear how this function works in other INFJs, but I will tell you how my Ni works...

1) Something slightly odd, and unable to be explained by logical or character motivations, occurs.

*Heightened sense of awareness*

2) A second something slightly odd, and unable to be explained by logical or character motivations, occurs.

*Need theory to explain weirdness!! May talk out loud to others to find ideas*

3) Start to test theories with new occurances.

*Realize that I'm correct in my assumptions. Must decide who to share my knowledge with - if anyone*

4) Find 'awareness' of issue about 75% faster than everyone else due to increased intuition, and just paying attention to people's emotional cues. Universal awareness soon occurs... ie everyone else figures it out.

That's how I figured out my friends boyfriend was cheating on her. That's how I figured out my boss was pregnant weeks before she told anyone. That's how I 'read minds' sometimes.

I have yet to decide whether Ni is amazing or just kind of annoying though. Sometimes I don't want to know everything. Sometimes I'd just like to be the same as everyone else!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts