Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've repeatedly typed as an INFJ but admittedly have many XNFP characteristics. On cognitive function tests my Fe and Fi both score wonky. However, my Ni is always higher than Ne (second highest function). My enneagram is either type 2 or 4. I score 2 most of the time and deeply relate to both.

On to the big question! I'm extremely unhealthy due to a long history of trauma and disorders (BPD, PTSD and OCPD). How can I wade through my troubles to get to the root of my MBTI type and even my enneagram?
Examples of my unhealthy behavior: Binge drinking, self-harm, being unproductive due to my depression, lack of motivation to change my negative behaviors, going back and forth between oversharing and bottling up, etc. I am seeking help for anybody who is worried over some of the content.

I've also typed as: INTP - My Ti is high.

Functional stacking according to most tests:
Ni
Ne
Ti
Te
Fi
Fe
Se
Si

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
The functional stack is more about what you are naturally inclined to use than what you are good at. This is important to note because people can develop different talents based on what is supported by studies, work, and social demands. For that reason, functional strength tests are actually fairly inaccurate for typing purposes. Typing off of a questionnaire is preferred, because it gives other people the opportunity to see the gears in your head turning.

·
Registered
ENTJ; 8w7; Persian C
9,448 Posts
On to the big question! I'm extremely unhealthy due to a long history of trauma and disorders (BPD, PTSD and OCPD). How can I wade through my troubles to get to the root of my MBTI type and even my enneagram?
I think the (first) step in the correct [direction] is not fixating on / identifying "patterns," but rather acknowledging foremost that (such disorders), have no inherit effect(s) in MBTI patterns themselves. In other word(s), while such disorders may cause cognitive-discrepancies that may produce "blind-spots," to perceiving left-over effects of the patterns in work themselves - that such (disorders) do not manifest in the actual patterns.

Ex; (1)

The distinction(s) between 'unhealthy' (mental-patients),

And 'unhealthy' (typology subjects).

Based on the above; an 'unhealthy' INFJ - may not be medically unhealthy at all and vice versa. Which is notiable to consider when proceeding forward (&) seems to be abashly common via typology-typing.

Letting go of this bias; makes it easier to type oneself (re: if you are skilled to recognize / disregard other cognitive-biases occuring during typing oneself) with disorders, in so far as the operative-impression is not that of self-defeatingly 'skimming' typology behavior(s) of inconsistencies, and conflating them with your mental disorders - but rather skimming behaviors for practical correlations.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Why does so many people in doubt speculate about being Ni-dominant (INxJ), when Ni-dominant is the most unusual type in the population?

Are the statistics wrong?

Ni dominant types are probably the least likely type to ask others for help of typing them. They usually just "know" intuitively who they are, and when their intuition points into a specific direction, Ni types are not very likely to want the external extroverted world telling them that their intuition is wrong - quite the opposite actually, willing to "prove" to the external world that their intuition is correct. The act itself of asking someone else for help in typing screams the dominance of other functions than Ni, likely Ne, Fi or Fe.

Reactions: solitaryhunter
1 - 5 of 5 Posts