Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
MOTM Sept 2014
8,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I don't usually do this sort of stuff, especially because I'm not very good at typing and always kind of figured I knew my type. I've been questioning it a bit lately though and am open to suggestions.

I'm a bit torn between whether I'm a Ni, Ne, or Ti dom. I have always typed as INTJ but have been questioning whether I use Ni or Ne. Ti for Te? God, I don't know.

What are some typical day-to-day examples of Ne or Ni?

Anyway, gonna mention @Slagasauras here and anybody who wants to toss their two cents into the ring, or help me work out how I can tell if I'm using Ni/Te or Ne/Tii. I never particularly got the hang of this typing stuff, especially when it comes to myself. Generally though there seem to be a dozen different definitions for each function and frankly a lot of them sound pretty much the same. Call me... Skeptical, I suppose. Or cautious.

·
Registered
171 Posts
IMO, a dominant Ne can be spotted if someone mostly says nonsense or random stuff, switches naturally from one topic to another.
Ti seems quite easy to spot too. It makes people look absent while processing internally.
Ni and Te : no idea, that's not me. I wish I could understand. I personnaly perceive a Te behaviour as a controling freak one. No offense to Te people.
But I'm not an expert in MBTI.

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Where is your questionairre? I think it would be helpful for everyone!

Hmm, I have a hard time describing the two intuitions. It's easy to differentiate between the two, since Ne is all about the options. It wants to know the best and worst possible outcomes for everything. It's brainstorming, it's not inherently understanding the consequences of an action, but it is generally getting a feel for it by understanding the outcomes of things. I also like thinking of it as seeing the potential in something and growing it like a flower, or tree. However, this is arguably Ni as well.

With Ni, since I don't use it, bear with me. I find that people with Ni know how to get the work done and at the best way possible. It's goal setting. It's knowing what you want how to get it. In INFJ's, however, it seems more or less about standing up for the people that cannot stand up for themselves. Lisa Simpson and her vegetarianism/buddhism is a definite example of this. Ni, arguably, can -know- the way things will happen as well.

Te is all about due dates, concrete facts, and objective measures to work up to. I barely use it but when I do, I know I want things done by the book, I want to know if the information I'm getting from other people is conducted by third, independent, parties. I want it to be free of subjective ideas and willy nilly hocus pocus crap.

Ti is all about understanding a core concept simply out of pure interest, or at least that's what I can speculate it as. It seems that it wants to understand a system as a holistic whole, which in my opinion, is subjective. I don't know if I can actually describe this one as well.

@Hotaru @Oswin

Calling the gods to partake in typing!

Honestly, I think you're INTJ imo, but you never know what these two beauts have to say!

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
You are an INTP.

You are probably still an INTJ by dichotomies. In that you are a J. But you use a lot of Ti. And you are not a Ne dom.

Reactions: BlackDog

·
MOTM Sept 2014
8,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are an INTP.

You are probably still an INTJ by dichotomies. In that you are a J. But you use a lot of Ti. And you are not a Ne dom.
What does that mean? INTJ by dichotomies?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
So I don't usually do this sort of stuff, especially because I'm not very good at typing and always kind of figured I knew my type. I've been questioning it a bit lately though and am open to suggestions.

I'm a bit torn between whether I'm a Ni, Ne, or Ti dom. I have always typed as INTJ but have been questioning whether I use Ni or Ne. Ti for Te? God, I don't know.

What are some typical day-to-day examples of Ne or Ni?
About the only sane alternative for an INTJ wondering about Ne or Ni would be INFP.

If you're mainly wondering too much T vs. F, naturally the alternative is INFJ.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Forgot to mention that I've found an excellent Youtuber whose explanations are very clear to me.
Since I don't have enough posts to post links, his name is Michael Pierce and he has a playlist called "jungian typology lessons" and another one called "Functions and Attitudes updated" which may be very helpful to understand functions.

·
MOTM Sept 2014
8,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
About the only sane alternative for an INTJ wondering about Ne or Ni would be INFP.

If you're wondering too much T vs. F, naturally the alternative is INFJ.
I don't see myself being INFP. Someone has suggested INFJ, actually. I didn't take it particularly seriously though. I always figured I was an NT.

·
MOTM Sept 2014
8,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can see Intp or Intj for you, but ultimately I lean more towards Intj. Don't ask me why. Its just a feeling. And I very much doubt Ne dom.
I just noticed you actually used that quote in your sig. I almost sprayed tea out my nose. Good stuff.

Yeah I'm not sure about Ne dom either. I always thought I was a Ni dom but going by the descriptions I hear I think I may use Ne. And possibly Ti over Te. So INTP is definitely an option.

Reactions: TheProphetLaLa

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
What does that mean? INTJ by dichotomies?
It means if you simply go be introvert vs extrovert, intuitive vs sensor, feeler vs thinker, judger vs perceiver, you still may come back INTJ. Or maybe not. You are too structured to be a Ne dominant and use a lot of Ti. Very little Fe. lol. Less than an ENTP. They aren't that close together in you. And ENTP has Ne-Ti-Fe-Si. They have sensing last and least developed, which makes them a little less grounded and also more loose in the environment because of Ne and and more people persons because of Fe. Having Ti first makes you more responsible and isolated than an ENTP. You can appear to be an INTJ on the surface because INTP have a stereotype, which is somewhat true, of not being very focused , and just drifting to their own thing.

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
It means if you simply go be introvert vs extrovert, intuitive vs sensor, feeler vs thinker, judger vs perceiver, you still may come back INTJ. Or maybe not. You are too structured to be a Ne dominant and use a lot of Ti. Very little Fe. lol. Less than an ENTP. They aren't that close together in you. And ENTP has Ne-Ti-Fe-Si. They have sensing last and least developed, which makes them a little less grounded and also more loose in the environment because of Ne and and more people persons because of Fe. Having Ti first makes you more responsible and isolated than an ENTP. You can appear to be an INTJ on the surface because INTP have a stereotype, which is somewhat true, of not being very focused , and just drifting to their own thing.
Are you sure? She is very grounded, even for an intuitive, and is extremely responsible. I think INTP's as a general are more likely to wing assignments and procrastinate unless if there is a motivating factor, which is entirely human and not exclusive to MBTI.

I'm honestly, and genuinely, curious, do you really think she uses Ti-Fe and if so, why?

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
Are you sure? She is very grounded, even for an intuitive, and is extremely responsible. I think INTP's as a general are more likely to wing assignments and procrastinate unless if there is a motivating factor, which is entirely human and not exclusive to MBTI.

I'm honestly, and genuinely, curious, do you really think she uses Ti-Fe and if so, why?
Honestly because she is very philosophical. Explores an idea just to explore it. Gets lost in it. Doesn't take a firm position. Less abrasive and different approach than Ni-Te. Much more patient than Ni-Te as well.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I just noticed you actually used that quote in your sig. I almost sprayed tea out my nose. Good stuff.

Yeah I'm not sure about Ne dom either. I always thought I was a Ni dom but going by the descriptions I hear I think I may use Ne. And possibly Ti over Te. So INTP is definitely an option.
Haha. I sure did. :p

I would recommend filling out a questionnaire to get things started. Give people a framework to judge you by. And then see where it goes from there.

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
Honestly because she is very philosophical. Explores an idea just to explore it. Gets lost in it. Doesn't take a firm position. Less abrasive and different approach than Ni-Te. Much more patient than Ni-Te as well.
Intriguing. I agree on this, I can see INTP type one with nine then, because her work ethic is very orderly and perfectionist (from what she and I have discussed).

1 - 20 of 49 Posts