1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
interesting. i have been curious about those who identify most with Ni Ti / Ti Ni because i myself am one in mbti anyway, and i have come across quite a few others who cannot reconcile this and the fact that in mbti, those as a dominant/auxiliary combination are not possible. i like to see people thinking outside the box on this topic, after seeing most approach this as something that must be a misunderstanding of ourselves, or mbti functions. i do not believe that this has been the case in each instance. to further complicate matters, i personally have more Fi than Fe - however, I do have more Se than Si. it has been suggested that i am an infj, or perhaps 'an istp with high Ni.' neither of those account for my Fi.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Promethea

Your description also matches my function ordering. The preference for Fi may stem from the larger preference towards the introverted attitude. If functional scoring is of any consideration, I too fall under Ni>Ti>Fi>Se. Another explanation for the preference for Fi > Fe may just be due to the strength of aux Ti hating on Fe. i.e. Fi is closer to Ti in the sense that one's trusts his own value system over that of the external. I know in my case that if I can't resolve something with Ti or Te logic, I'll look for the most aesthetic or holistically agreeable choice and run with it. Inferior Se is just an indication of the strength of dom Ni.

Related post:
http://introspective-to-a-fault.blogspot.com/2010/08/attitude-of-auxiliaries.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts