Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening/morning/afternoon, Mr Ishida here (Or Andrew if you like being on a first name basis with people). Don't worry, i'm sure you'll all get used to me...... in a year.....or 2......or 3

Quick story, found out about MBTI from random wikipedia articles (Brilliant start i know -_- ) and i stumbled on this place. While i loved the knowledge this place exhibits, i didnt really like the idea of your personality being shoe-horned into 1 of 16 types, so i simply left the site, deciding i'll come back to it some other time.

A few weeks later and i'm here on what is pretty-much a "braingasm" in terms of what new things i've learnt (Including how MBTI isnt really shoehorning anything, despite my earlier opinion). Took the test and i'm INTP apparently, sounds pretty accurate (As reluctant as i am to label myself). Something tells me I have a lot to learn here, so this is me setting up camp. Sorry folks, you've got another one.

Soooo, yes. Hello :)

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Mr Ishida and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

Again, welcome to our forum Mr Ishida. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S. Meet my family

My Wife - http://personalitycafe.com/members/mrs-cafebot.html
My Daughter - http://personalitycafe.com/members/jenny.html
My Dog - http://personalitycafe.com/members/dog.html

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
Evening/morning/afternoon, Mr Ishida here (Or Andrew if you like being on a first name basis with people). Don't worry, i'm sure you'll all get used to me...... in a year.....or 2......or 3

Quick story, found out about MBTI from random wikipedia articles (Brilliant start i know -_- ) and i stumbled on this place. While i loved the knowledge this place exhibits, i didnt really like the idea of your personality being shoe-horned into 1 of 16 types, so i simply left the site, deciding i'll come back to it some other time.

A few weeks later and i'm here on what is pretty-much a "braingasm" in terms of what new things i've learnt (Including how MBTI isnt really shoehorning anything, despite my earlier opinion). Took the test and i'm INTP apparently, sounds pretty accurate (As reluctant as i am to label myself). Something tells me I have a lot to learn here, so this is me setting up camp. Sorry folks, you've got another one.

Soooo, yes. Hello :)
Welcome! On the sixeen types, take that as a fuzzy generalization of possible behavioral choices- sort of, in an iffy way. . . -
Humans are much too complex and changable to define in only 16 categories.
But learn what you can, apply what you choose, and be true to yourself. Its a fun place, but i would not want to live here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! On the sixeen types, take that as a fuzzy generalization of possible behavioral choices- sort of, in an iffy way. . . -
Humans are much too complex and changable to define in only 16 categories.
But learn what you can, apply what you choose, and be true to yourself. Its a fun place, but i would not want to live here.
That was my biggest gripe with MBTI, but i've since learnt it's just a generalisation on your personality, and there are a LOT of things not covered by that. My head was pretty much screaming "NO NO THATS ALL WRONG!!!! YOU CANT GENERALISE LIKE THAT!" But i've worked around that little barrier with my second visit. Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
433 Posts
That was my biggest gripe with MBTI, but i've since learnt it's just a generalisation on your personality, and there are a LOT of things not covered by that. My head was pretty much screaming "NO NO THATS ALL WRONG!!!! YOU CANT GENERALISE LIKE THAT!" But i've worked around that little barrier with my second visit. Thanks for the response!
Yep, break down the barriers.

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
There are some who seem to want to think that it is cast in stone, hardwired into the brain -
Sigman Frued was asked late inhis lif about some philosophy, "That is the Freudian view, isn't it?" about some idea. Freud answered, "Perhaps. But I am not a Freudian."

Early in my social worh career - I changed directions from chemist at age 50 - a patient stated that in working in the kitchen was like seeing ghost - and was laughed at. A few years I gad him in my case load and asked about that. He said that the kitchen was next to one of the old prison wards where he was and people were killed by the "ward boss," a patient put in charge of discipline."It gave me bad memories looking att it."
He was being abstract, thoughtful, and the staff was too concrete to understand. Basically, they were more limited than he was - a NGBRI to murder charge..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, break down the barriers.
Thats what i aim to do here :)

There are some who seem to want to think that it is cast in stone, hardwired into the brain -
Sigman Frued was asked late inhis lif about some philosophy, "That is the Freudian view, isn't it?" about some idea. Freud answered, "Perhaps. But I am not a Freudian."

Early in my social worh career - I changed directions from chemist at age 50 - a patient stated that in working in the kitchen was like seeing ghost - and was laughed at. A few years I gad him in my case load and asked about that. He said that the kitchen was next to one of the old prison wards where he was and people were killed by the "ward boss," a patient put in charge of discipline."It gave me bad memories looking att it."
He was being abstract, thoughtful, and the staff was too concrete to understand. Basically, they were more limited than he was - a NGBRI to murder charge..
That sounds like a very interesting person. And sorry if this is a dumb question, but NGBRI?

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
Thats what i aim to do here :)

That sounds like a very interesting person. And sorry if this is a dumb question, but NGBRI?
Not Guilty By Reason Of Insanity
He was in the family trailer and trippin' - he heard a noise and thought it was the town butcher coming to likk him for giving his daughter the clapp, and shot him - it was his dad. Called the sherrif's office, repored that "i done shot my daddy." They said wair. Someone else came in -that ust be the butcher, shot him. Called the sherrif, I don shot my brother too.

He was not schizophrenic as diagnosed. He was impaired buy mushroom tea, weed propably adultrated with PCP. He may be dead - he would be locked up the rest of his life.

In Louisiana, an electeded judge has to sign a release from the forensic mental hospitals - and if they relapse and kill someone the Judge might as well hang it up for he will never again hold elective office.So regardless of functioning the patient stays.
Really rewarding work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts