Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. What are you afraid of? Why?
2. What do you do when encountering something that scares you?
3. What if you just see something scary, like a horror movie?
4. Would you say your fears are very typical or one-of-a-kind?
5. Did some experience trigger this fear?

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
My nightmares tend to be a bit Lovecraftian and incomprehensible in nature, from the ones I can actually remember.

I don't think there's any conventional nightmare fuel that causes me to have nightmares. I can have dreams about such things but I wouldn't call them nightmares, though admittedly most of the time the only way I know I had a nightmare is when I wake myself up screaming, at which point I seem to gain instant amnesia about it.

Edit: Otherwise it is hard to say that anything actually scares me. Things can startle me, or put me on edge, or make me defensive, but it is hard to find things in this world that would present what I'd call actual fear.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have some phobias, but I never have nightmares about them.

My nightmares are usually weird mixtures of TV/movies/books, especially the Sci-Fi stuff. Most of that stuff adds humor to keep it from getting too dark, but Sci-Fi usually has a high body count and makes for pretty hefty nightmare fuel.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Torture. Heights. I saw terrible things on tv when I was little, and I used to love roller coasters. Never. Again.
Freeze, trying not to feel the chill run up my back, but of course, it happens anyway.
Horror movies are my significant other. Good horror movies. Anything else scary is just hit-and-miss with me. Either it gets me or it doesn't. If it does, ok. Id it doesn't, I slowly move on. I do actually love psychological fear.
Typical-ish. Heights, very common. Torture, people usually don't just...expect it to happen.
Ask Candyman, The Terminator, Dressed To Kill and Halloween H20. -___- Oh, and that horrible roller coaster, The Ring of Fire.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I am afraid of many things such as heights, spiders, feeling like a failure and not finding my soul mate.

I try to avoid the situation.

I don't watch horror movies.

I think they are typical because lots of people have these fears.

No, I believe these are just natural fears that most people have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts