Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I'm curious what other INTJ's classify as nightmares. Mine generally go something like this, only insert workplace theme, or airport/travelling theme, or...

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I don't have any nightmares, apart from when I was a kid, but I would call any dream you want to wake up from as soon as possible, a nightmare.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The other night, I dreamed I was home from school, living with my parents, with no job and nothing to do. That was a nightmare.

Also (probably since so many of the people I grew up with are in this situation) I sometimes dream that I am married and pregnant and/or with children. That is a nightmare to me.

Sometimes I dream that bad things happen to people I care about, or I forget a school assignment, or bomb a test, or talk about feelings :unsure:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I always have extremely realistic dreams - and when I have nightmares, they're terrifying. Monsters, serial killers, natural disasters, dinosaurs, tigers, I've woken up sweating from all of them.

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Being chased by an evil paper towel.
I was terrified in the dream.

Usually my dreams are funny though. My subconscious is kind to me.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I occasionally get a nightmare about being tickled...yes i do get nightmares about that.
I've seen 'devils' erm..the ring girl or grudge type of things, evil bunnies.
But i usually get very, verrry pleasant..dreams. :laughing:

Reactions: jack london

·
Registered
377 Posts
I usually don't remember what I dream about, but there's been a few times I've jolted awake in a cold sweat in the middle of the night...

·
Registered
894 Posts
Rarely do I remember my dreams and if I do, they are abstract

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have vivid dreams, complete with sound, color, texture, and often music. Sometimes, I can recall the "soundtrack" of my dream when I wake up.

I have vivid nightmares, or did. About age 12, I learned to take control of my dreams and/or wake myself up if I sense a nightmare is coming on. I have 'stupid' nightmares about things like failing a test, showing up unprepared for a class, or shopping at the mall... (shudder). I rarely have 'real' nightmares any more.
But if I told you about my 'real' nightmares... the majority of you would never sleep again.

Well, I take that back. You are INTJs, after all. You'd probably shrug it off like I did.
Things like... some evil being comes in, takes hostage the person who is most dear to me, then graphically tortures her, cuts her up and makes me play "find the rotting bloody body parts"... and then the dream shifts and the evil being is actually me. How can you fight the evil if you ARE the evil?

And that's not the worst one...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Im 27 and still have dreams where im back in high school. Its kinda creepy but schools have one of the greatest means of shaping our personalities and lives. I can remember the key moment when i became introverted insteand of ex. Was forth grade, when i switched from a public to a private school and knew no one at all.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i dont have scary nightmares when i have them...they are more disturbing. Ive had one where i was helping my grand father clean the leaves out of the gutters and he fell off the ladder and smashed his head. it kept replaying in fast forward, reverse, slow mo, close up, from his point of view, from my point of view, and from the point of view from my grandmother who was watching from a window. felt bad, man

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Alright, so I'm curious what other INTJ's classify as nightmares. Mine generally go something like this, only insert workplace theme, or airport/travelling theme, or...

^
Very much that same scenario. I'd often be stuck back in high school, freaked that I would not be graduating because of some stupid vacancy in my credit requirements, or in some retarded class which I could have sworn I'd already passed but there's a final exam I have to take -and- I didn't study -or- I haven't done my homework all term so I've already flunked -or- OMG I've been skipping a class all quarter or even all year because I remembered my schedule wrong! O_O

The other nightmare I most often have is of my teeth falling out. I feel them coming loose and out of my gums in my dreams, it's quite vivid. I'll wake up to such relief just from touching my own teeth, LOL, thank gawdz they're still there! My father mentioned to me one too many times that one of the reasons he married my mom is because she has such great teeth to compensate for the bad genetics of his teeth, something I was reminded of every time I saw my grandparents' dentures or my Dad's teeth plus every time that I went to the dentist. Iggghhh. I also met a woman IRL who had all her teeth fall out during pregnancy because she wasn't taking vitamins- the baby leeched all the calcium from the teeth in her mouth while it was developing! o_o So she was wearing dentures at age 20. *chills*

Another nightmare I used to have before going on a gluten-free diet would be that I was following these dozens of thin, neon green filaments in a constant circuit of light that went around and around and around and around in like a rectangle shape, faster and gradually faster, until BAM! I would wake up wide-eyed with my heart racing, thank gawdz that was over.

Reactions: green4keeps

·
Registered
351 Posts
I don't usually remember my dreams, but I've had terrible nightmares about assignments being due when I didn't know there was an assignment.

When I was younger, I used to have dreams about being trapped in some sort of lab or institution run by a strange, sinister organization. I didn't consider them nightmares, though, because I always got such an adrenaline rush of trying to solve the mystery before I woke up. I was a very strange child. ;;^.^

I also have this strange waking dream (daydream?) of dropping and breaking glass, and it always seems to unsettle me.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I rarely dream, but when I do, I's some sort of out of body experience. I mean that I'm constious about it, I'm aware that I'm sleeping, I can't move or speak. Feels like claustrophobia.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts