Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have nightmares?

If so, what are your nightmares about?

Do they repeat or do you have new unrelated nightmares?

To be mores specific. I've always had apocalypse nightmares. Back when I was little before I knew the word apocalypse, I had them. I tried to explain the nightmare as to my parents as: 'The world broke down.' Like a car on the side of the road that broke down, the world stopped running. No lights, no power, no food, no water. Angry people yelling in the streets, like the protests I saw in London at that age.

As a kid, the cause was always inexplicable in these dreams. Now, the cause changes. Zombies, massive storm, major wars, water/oil shortage, etc... The dreams are annoying as hell. I think it's partly why I'm not a good sleeper. Any other ESTP's have something similar?

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Just woke up.

I was watching a Table Top episode with the Sheriff from Eureka.

Had a dream that we were on a celebrity cooking show with some other people. I had just failed a cooking challenge. I made some horrible food. Don't remember what it was.

After eating some fruit off-camera, I tried to make a quiet exit and leave in my shitty 1987 Nissan Sentra. Of all the cars, why would I dream about that piece of crap.

Ugh.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Anyway, I had a few reoccurring nightmares when I was a kid.

One of them included bright, flashing lights and colors that would change with magnificent speed. Pretty weird.

I would wake up, literally, drenched in sweat. It was insane. My entire bed would be soaked.

H

·
0 Posts
wow you had terribly 'grown up' nightmares for a kid. Back when I was a kid the only nightmares I had were monsters chasing me, something killing people in my dreams etc. I stopped having them when I entered (late) adolescence. Maybe your dreams are trying to tell you something..your fears maybe? or maybe it's a prophecy or something. It's strange that it keeps recurring to you over such a long span of time. I've read somewhere that recurring dreams are ways of telling you what your conscious/'awake' mind tries to supress/ignore. I'm new here and I don't wanna sound like a know it all..but maybe you could try to find out the source of that dream and maybe dig deeper? suppressed emotions and hidden phobias are factors in causing nightmares and maybe your brain is nagging you to confront it.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Don't know.

I only had two reoccurring nightmares when I was a kid. I probably experienced these dreams over 10 times each.

The other dream had to do with a witch who lived in a nearby castle. Every night at dusk, she would fly out of her castle, attempt to drag me out of my home and take me back to the castle with her. She never succeeded. The focus of the dream was the eternal struggle between us and the setting in which it took place.

This was at least 28 years ago and I still remember it vividly.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@HahaNo

I've gone a couple of years without them before. The list of reasons for apocalypse dreams is pretty wide. A lot of things can set them off. Keep in mind, I lived in central London growing up, I moved away a few times but always came back. We had:

Poll Tax Riots + IRA terrorist attacks. I wasn't allowed to pick up anything I found. We didn't have rubbish bins because they kept getting blown up. We had urban decay and high crime rates. We had King's Cross fire with our old wooden escalators. Football hooligans. We were still finding unexploded shells on building sites and London hadn't entirely finished rebuilding from WW2 as there were still vestiges left over. Like an old anti-aircraft gun in one my friends backyard that we climbed on.

I probably saw Terminator and that sort of thing. Plus I was told that when the Russians blew us up, they'd start with London first. Seemed like a lot of people hated London. This all probably had some influence on me.

I was mostly just wondering if other people get recurring nightmares and if they're similar to the ones they had as kids.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't think I've ever had recurring nightmares. My triplet sister and brother both had the same recurring nightmare as children, which I kinda missed out on, but may have dreamed at least once because I was able to understand the feeling it gave them. It wasn't really apocalyptic, but definitely had a sense of impending doom, and my sister thinks it was basically a memory/feeling of being in the womb and birth. We've all had the same dreams, sometimes on the same night. Never all three of us at once though!

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh I didn't mean it like that. I have a good idea why. Haven't managed to fix it. I was just curious about others experiences. KWIM?

·
Registered
217 Posts
All of my nightmares involve me killing someone I'm close to. And in the weirdest, most violent ways possible. Just a few nights ago I had a dream where I killed my friend by throwing her on the ground and tearing her face off with soccer cleats.

I'm also naked in most of my dreams, though I'm not embarrassed about it. I like to flaunt my nudity in dreams :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts