Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking, perhaps nines tendency to value harmony carries over into their tastes, visual intelligence. Im aspiring to work in a design-related field, and over the years Ive had to make paintings, layouts, sculptures, building designs.

I will freely admit that I am not the greatest at creating fine art, as I have trouble introducing powerful emotions and a really individuated style as ive noticed other people can. Id imagine they have much more a sense of being a particular way or possessing an internal style than me, who has more a sense of being a flexible personality.

However, i've always had a natural instinct for if a composition is balanced, often in unconventional or strongly assymetrical ways. It just seems natural to me, and is an aspect of visual art i've had an implicit interest and strength in over the years. I wonder then if this could be related to the harmony-seeking aspect of enneagram nine, or if this might be just a personal proficiency of mine?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
The nines I know have damn good fashion sense and combine visual elements in their outfits in a way that seems effortless. I would say this could probably be applied to art as well if they developed that area. :eek: Nines and fours impress me the most with their aesthetic choices. :)

·
Banned
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's awesome, did you make that?! I can really relate to this kind of art. This is what I mean, it's a great composition, but it is somewhat neutral in it's subject matter. I've always been attracted to "art for art's sake", because well, I am not a volatile emotional person, so it's hard to relate to works that come from a place of angst.

This reminds me of this guy Lawrence Yang.

Painting Art Watercolor paint Sky Modern art

(suckatlife.com - artwork by lawrence yang)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Everyone around me tells me I have a great "eye" for design and color, arranging furniture, and somehow knowing what looks good. I'm really just going off my own opinion, taste, and sense of balance. I've had my people take me shopping just so I can give my opinion on clothes/colors, which I thought was funny. I was thinking "You want to take me shopping to decide for you!?". I mean..I've never been into trends or fashion magazines and never was a popular "fashionable" kid in school. I dislike a lot of trends that come around because to me, they're really ugly.

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
That's awesome, did you make that?! I can really relate to this kind of art. This is what I mean, it's a great composition, but it is somewhat neutral in it's subject matter. I've always been attracted to "art for art's sake", because well, I am not a volatile emotional person, so it's hard to relate to works that come from a place of angst.

This reminds me of this guy Lawrence Yang.

View attachment 81934

(suckatlife.com - artwork by lawrence yang)
Nah, I didn't make it--but it is my laptop background! I tend to enjoy art that revolves around nature, which is kind of like peace. I like yours, too--the mixture of colors looks perfectly done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts