Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to think I am very good at planning… future planning. Bcoz I’m sort of ambitious and never run out of plans about things I desperately desire to do and achieve in the short run. When I was in grade school I have simple yet dynamic ambitions. My dream was to be a singer to a teacher to a scientist/astronaut. But I didn’t follow through any of those ninety-day wonders bcoz apparently it doesn’t fit me. Other than that, I guess I am more like a fruitless ambitious dreamer than a capable planner.

I’m not excellent but I’m good at drawing (like most INFPs) though, which made me wonder now why I never dreamt to be an artist when I was a kid. Or maybe I am more drawn to science than arts and not so familiar with artistic careers that time? I don’t even think so. I took this skill for granted time after time. Bcoz for me it was just an extra skill. So in my high school, when we’re asked to draw what we wanted to be, I drew myself as a “nurse”, but at least I stuck on that decision.

I pursued that goal when I went on college. I was very happy and very dedicated. Anatomy and physiology is my favorite subject, which I excel the most…until upheaval turned my world upside down, I’ve lost everything all of a sudden but that’s another story.

Trying to bounce back from such loss, I pursued engineering for 1 ½ year or so (after dropping out of school for a year)… only to realize it’s not my line. I’m never been well in math so my grades are significantly low which made me dubious about that career path. I got so bored as well until I decided to shift into Architecture, which really made me happy and feel at home. But consequently, I have to work a part time job (for 2 years) to continue. Day class (in architecture) + night job (in fast food chain) = made my life less boring but quite hard on the other hand.

I’d only enjoyed Architecture for 1 ½ year, though. Bcoz another crisis came and destroyed my plans again. Consequently, I quit schooling again and work full time for over 2 years. Unfortunately, I’ve never gained fulfillment with the latter 5 retail companies I’ve worked within 2 years or so. I’ve been constantly crushed during office meetings until I can no longer withstand the ruthless management. So I jump from one company to another after finishing my first contracts. But they’re all the same. I’ve learnt that most retail/marketing companies are too restrictive, too pressurizing, and too harsh for someone like me.

Among the total of 6 companies I’ve worked with, there is only one, which is humanitarian, and values harmony – that made me feel at home. But I can no longer return as much as they want me to, bcoz I have my long-term plans settled. I’m determined to pursue a degree now so I don’t have to work back in retail/marketing, or any service-related businesses as rank and file again, bcoz it doesn’t inspire me no matter how good the salary can be. Aside from too harsh, I find it boring, meaningless, and stagnating as well. I have no zest for it.

When I looked back and re-read the last chapters of my life, I realized that I spent my whole life searching for my identity. And felt like I dawdled too much, but it is one of the best lessons I’ve learnt in life, which is also probably a part of growing up. And now that I’ve learnt that time is money, I’m determined to strain every nerve to conserve it while I’m starting a new life with another career path. Yes, a new career path (again xD).
I have been indecisive all along, and thinking there might be something wrong with me so I tend to ask myself, ‘why am I like this?’ until I found this one…

INFP Careers, Jobs, & Majors

it explained a lot, and such a relief that I’m not all alone in this. It’s a must-read for INFPs who haven’t found themselves yet.

and i guess this one is very useful too: INFP Personality Type Profile

After exploring my options, I’ve learnt that I’m a Social INFP, and best suited for mental health careers like psychology (SIA), counseling (SAI), or psychiatry (IASR). Good thing is, I am currently on that field now. I quit Architecture not that I don’t want anymore; I left it for pragmatic reasons, suffice it to say. It’s a part of the plan.

I have clear future plans now. Both long and short-term goals are settled. Now is my 1 ½th year on this field and I’m looking forward to finishing it 1 year from now. I don’t wanna think of something that will screw up my plans again, but in that case, I don’t run out of Plan B to ensure that everything will fall eventually according to my plans. However, since my field of study is broad, I feel caught in the middle, so the problem now is I’m undecided what to major in :th_sur:

Advise?

Thank you for patient reading. Pardon for such a long story, btw…
What career path are you pursuing now? I would be very glad to hear your side.

Stories/comments/suggestions/advises, all welcomed :kitteh:

To my fellows out there who haven’t gain long-term satisfaction on their walks of life, I hope you wouldn't end up like me. In that case, well… you’re not alone, best of luck for us all.

Thanks a lot in advance… :kitteh:

·
Registered
820 Posts
I too had hard time choosing a fitting career for myself and tried several other paths before I started to study psychology. I also had to choose between pursuing psychology or psychiatry. I hate making lists but I actually solved the problem by making a list of pros and cons for both majors. So maybe that's something that might help you to decide your major? You might also want to consider what are exactly the kind of jobs that you're interested in after you graduate and choose the major accordingly. I know different countries may have different division of labor in the mental health field but at least here psychiatry is more about diagnosing diseases and prescribing pills while psychology gives a more comprehensive understanding of people and also their psychopathologies, which is why I chose psychology.

·
Registered
404 Posts
INFP Careers, Jobs, & Majors

it explained a lot, and such a relief that I’m not all alone in this. It’s a must-read for INFPs who haven’t found themselves yet.

:kitteh:
I read the article you linked to. I've known there was difference between different INFPs. That article helped provide context. I'm not the artistic or social type. I'm more Realistic-Investigative.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Your story touched me, and I'm glad you're determined to start on something new.

You should realize that psychology can be disgustingly statistical and much more comprehensive in details than holistic understanding. When you're on "the other side" it is, however, quite different unless you're in a research position.

My own story is that I studied physics/math for 2½ years but had to quit due to depression. I'm planning on starting on math/computer science/engineering soon though. It doesn't have much to do with people I'm afraid, but it's fun in its own right and I'll always have a great avarice for my spare time in which I'll do all kinds of other things.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have no advice - but I'll share a short version of my story.

Basically, through most of my time in school I've had it drilled into my head that the path to success was to finish high school with the goal of going to university (or college, but university is preferred) with the goal of getting a good job which would be the start of a long and stable career. Both of my parents are in the computer science field, growing up the only constant loves in my life were music and video games (though the latter has died down lately). I happened to fall in love (lust?) with computer science, and since both of my parents are in the computer science field, it just seemed like the logical decision that that was The One True Path that I needed to take to find success (read: happiness) in my life.

So that's the path I took through university and my (short - I'm 26) working life. But I'm bored. In school I often had to just get through classes I didn't want to be in, but there was the promise that it would only be for a few months and then it would be over. Not so with the working life. I spent so long trying to be and do what I felt I should be doing, only now am I starting to see that I was fighting against... I don't know what to call it - my core, center, soul. And the sentence in the article, "Some may look at their track record of unfinished projects and wonder if they will ever find what they are seeking." That is spot on for me, and only fuels the thought that I'll never find my Dream Job.

Of course, putting The Dream Job on a pedestal only serves to make it that much more difficult to achieve it. It's taking a while but I'm slowly coming to terms with the idea that the Dream Career is not something that can be attained with careful perfectionist planning before-hand. It's impossible to know if you'll like a thing before you try, and sometimes when you try it doesn't work out. I learned that when I took my electives in my last year of university - I took Creative Writing for Video Games because I thought that would be the perfect fit, and Media for Computers because it seemed like an easy bird course. The Creative Writing course, while I had fun with coming up with stories, I learned that there were people that had to write the synopses, the item descriptions, level guides... all stuff that helps to provide atmosphere but I just found so boring. Media for Computers had a section entirely devoted to audio, and for the first time since high school music class, I actually got A+'s and flourished and thrived. I got the rush of "cool, I can make a computer do a thing I tell it to do" in programming, but to combine it with sound and to understand some of the "black magic" of sound in the digital space? It was orgasmic.

We spend the most hours of our adult life working, I can't spend most of my life doing a gig I don't love just to get the bills paid. I don't want to work for some marketing company that makes a living pushing out glorified images and ideas just to sell something. I need to spend my time doing something that truly resonates with me, otherwise it's only a matter of time until I get bored, restless, antsy, and eventually cynical and bitter. My optimism is part of who I am, when that goes, something is horribly wrong.

Anyway, rambling aside.

In my search for career advice that resonates with me, I found this blog article. It got me thinking and I need to re-read it at different times so that I can truly process everything, but even on my first read-through I had a few "ah-hah!" moments while reading it. I hope this will be of help to somebody else, too.

Figuring Out What You Should Be Doing | infp Blog Figuring Out What You Should Be Doing | Thoughts on the INFP Personality Type from an INFP

·
Registered
123 Posts
I read the article you linked to. I've known there was difference between different INFPs. That article helped provide context. I'm not the artistic or social type. I'm more Realistic-Investigative.
My interests academically were always on the Realistic-Investigative side. I studied History and Mass Media Theory. I loved the learning side and investigating possibilities. But each job I have had that was in this realistic-Investigative side was unfulfilling for me. I need the human interaction and need to feel like I am having an impact on people. After I was disenchanted with archival work, I went back to school and studied psychology for a year and a half and worked in an inpatient psychiatric unit. I liked this work but without an advanced degree, there really was no money in it. So I went back to school to study Mass Media Theory. After the economy tanked and their were no jobs in the area, I got hitched up as a study coordinator for clinical trials. I am now a clinical research coordinator. I absolutely hate the desk part of my job, which unfortunately is about 70% of what I do. But I love interacting and working with the participants in the studies. I daydream about switching to a job that is almost all focused on patient care or people, but the pay is decent, the benefits are out of this world, and I have a small family that is dependent on steady income. I am constantly scheming for ways to make the transition though.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I'm part of an over 30's INFPs Facebook group. Here's excerpts from the thread that might give you some insight.

Original post:
-------------------------
How do people manage to stay in one job for a long time and be happy? I wish I could have that

I only work for fields I'm passionate about, yet never seem to be able to stick around because I can't stand my boss or co-workers or something to do with humans. I always love the work though.
-----------------------------
My reply:

Choose life style design over work style design.

Work style design is when you try to decide what you type of work you would find fulfilling, spend money towards obtaining that work (school, certification), move to where the work is, make sacrifices for work and any time you have left you try to relax because you've put so much energy into work.

Life style design is where you decide what kind of life you want to live and then you figure out what type of work would fund that life. It's the time not at your job where you find meaning and purpose and takes up all your energy. Work is where you go to wind down.

I'm a programmer. I've been at my job for 10 years because I like the people. The work is interesting. I have very flexible schedule, lots of time off and it pays for the life I want to live. I didn't set out to be programmer. I just fell into it. I don't get bored because I actually enjoy being at work and the people.

Of course, I could find a more fulfilling job. There's not that much to coding. But then I would pour all my energy into work like my friends and have nothing left over for family and relationships. I consider my real work what I do after I come home from my job.

Member 1 reply:

I'm moving into this mindset more and more. If any of you have ever checked out Mr. Money Mustache, he pushes this sort of idea as well. Work is not the meaning of life and we INFPs seem to have a really hard time divorcing our life purpose from how we earn money. I've struggled all my life with this.

My reply:
The best advice that I've ever gotten about a job is this: look at all the people studying to get that job, do you like any of them? because you'll be working with people like that.

I'm a geek. I work with other geeks and enjoy interacting with them. This is one of the major reasons why I moved away from the creative front end of web design to the nitty-gritty of programming. Working with other flaky artists wasn't as fun as I thought.

Member 2 reply:

It's about finding a job you are passionate about. If your doing something you love, it's never considered work.

My reply:

I disagree with that statement. You're passionate until you have to earn money at it. It was that way with web design. I loved it, very passionate about it. But I spent way too much time trying to keep clients in the pipeline and networking. When you're dependent on the income of your passion, it starts becoming work really quickly.

That's why I do a pay what you can for my photography. I shoot 4 weddings this summer. It's still fun because I'm not dependent on the money.

Also, you can be passionate about your work, but if you end up being surrounded by people you can't stand, passion fades really quickly. Also if that passion requires you be away from your family because the business requires your constant attention, that gets old pretty quick also.

Passion is just one of the factors of what makes work enjoyable. But it's not really the most important one.

1. Good boss/clients
2. Good co-workers
3. Flexibility with your home life
4. Good benefits and pay

-------------------------------------------------

So the problem, you're having doesn't really go away as you get older.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't remember what my Holland code was when I tried to work through What Colour Is My Parachute, so I tried another online test and I got SAC - Social, Artistic, Conventional. I'm glad that in the afore-mentioned article it said that Conventional INFPs exist, as I do genuinely enjoy administrative tasks! I could not imagine doing that day in and day out, but it's exciting/relaxing at times. I'm a weird-o who actually has fun doing her taxes. Wut?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I too had hard time choosing a fitting career for myself and tried several other paths before I started to study psychology. I also had to choose between pursuing psychology or psychiatry. I hate making lists but I actually solved the problem by making a list of pros and cons for both majors. So maybe that's something that might help you to decide your major? You might also want to consider what are exactly the kind of jobs that you're interested in after you graduate and choose the major accordingly. I know different countries may have different division of labor in the mental health field but at least here psychiatry is more about diagnosing diseases and prescribing pills while psychology gives a more comprehensive understanding of people and also their psychopathologies, which is why I chose psychology.
i hate making lists too so instead i rely on my performance at a particular subject im studying... yes, psychiatry is more on diagnosis and treatment, intervention etc. and if you can read the article i put on the link, clinical/medicine related courses are attractive to INFPs but we should be wary of the unconscious dictations of our Te coz it will surely leave us unsatisfied eventually just like what happened to me when i took up engineering, which is suitable for Te-Dom.

i plan to major clinical psychology (psychiatry) but i found out that its too analytic for me, reading and studying the whole DSM-5 can be interesting but its exhausting for me on the other hand. i guess i need to rely too much on my Te to perform it very well.

as per Educational psychology, i guess its too conventional for me, im not into teaching...
Forensic Psychology is definitely not my thing too, i love investigative roles but i never plan to engage myself into crimes and forensics...xD

so, i'm thinking of taking up industrial Psychology instead, but im afraid i will eventually got stuck into conventional and administrative work in the office...im not also sure if i will be happy bcoz i hate paperworks, basically -.- and i'm an INFP Social so probably, i am more suited to outdoor professions which involve travels. but i can't give up psychology even though i really got exhausted with pile of paper works.

"comprehensive understanding of people and also their psychopathologies"
i took up psychology for the same reason as yours, i never think of diagnosing and treating mental disorders bcoz i'm afraid to give wrong diagnosis/treatment...it's more suitable for xNTPs

btw, if that would be our reason, i guess neuropsychology/cognitive psychology would be a good major for us... buut.. i can't find a school with that kind of major... -.-

Reactions: Thread Killer

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so what are you majoring now?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your story touched me, and I'm glad you're determined to start on something new.

You should realize that psychology can be disgustingly statistical and much more comprehensive in details than holistic understanding. When you're on "the other side" it is, however, quite different unless you're in a research position.

My own story is that I studied physics/math for 2½ years but had to quit due to depression. I'm planning on starting on math/computer science/engineering soon though. It doesn't have much to do with people I'm afraid, but it's fun in its own right and I'll always have a great avarice for my spare time in which I'll do all kinds of other things.
that is...if you have read the first article i put on, it will explain why you choose those field...buut, as it stated, its not suitable for our types bcoz we need to rely too much on our inferior function Te. we need to be wary of our blind spots. you can read the second link for further and more specific explanation of the Te and its influence to us.

however, do you enjoy math and physics??... well me, i do enjoy sciences but not with the ones which involves numbers xD
among all engineering (if i will be given an opportunity to study another) i would choose genetic engineering...

·
Registered
404 Posts
so what are you majoring now?
Did you know I recently went back to school? I am majoring in Psychology. I don't really know what it's going to be like on the other side of the couch. Since I was in Elementary School I have wanted to counsel and help others like Psychologists, Social Workers and Marriage and Family therapists do. My Uni. offered all three, but Psychology seemed the best fit. Each discipline has their own department.

I've even (recently) considered becoming a School teacher. I doubt my ability to perform well within the framework of the dysfunctional US education system though.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
that is...if you have read the first article i put on, it will explain why you choose those field...buut, as it stated, its not suitable for our types bcoz we need to rely too much on our inferior function Te. we need to be wary of our blind spots. you can read the second link for further and more specific explanation of the Te and its influence to us.

however, do you enjoy math and physics??... well me, i do enjoy sciences but not with the ones which involves numbers xD
among all engineering (if i will be given an opportunity to study another) i would choose genetic engineering...
To be honest I don't actually see where I have to use thinking to any large extent in physics... the main problem is perhaps rather that there is so little feeling in it as well (it's all about intuition). Alright, it is competitive most places which I don't like, but the subject within itself is more about concepts than decision-making. I see why I would fail at finance, but science is just a different ball game.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i used to construct a detailed reply for you but something went wrong and its all gone -.-

however, to make the story short, i haven't mentioned that i once fell in love with computer science too before...way back when i was 15 (short-i'm 24) xD
i was about to enter a university and admitted for comp. engineering technology but i ended up enrolling for business office management in college. but the plan was cancelled when the family decided to void my enrollment bcoz i have been given an opportunity to pursue nursing at my aunt's expense. i found it favorable bcoz i dont want to pay the bills in the first place and additionally its my dream job so i grabbed it. that's the back story...so many puzzling options before i started my tertiary education.

i also found out that programming is not my thing so at least i did not regret that i grabbed the opportunity, though perhaps that field i chose is still not meant for me.

I don't want to work for some marketing company that makes a living pushing out glorified images and ideas just to sell something.
Lol.... funny though i haven't also mentioned that my position on those companies is 'consultant' of international cosmetic products and apparel so 'pushing out glorified images and ideas to sell something' is part of my job :crazy:

btw, thanks for the link you put on, i find it very useful. i'll read that.... funny though that the blog was from one of the commentator of this thread too... hahah xD

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@infpblog

thanks for the extracted convo... i used to construct a reply for you and the others too but something went wrong so its all gone...

btw, i agree to the life style design....
i realized, though that my plans now are more like a work style design (though i have passion for this field)...but still, i will stick to it. and besides, i believe that passion alone is not enough bcoz it simply dies out like ninety-day wonders. so i won't make decisions base on it alone. i also consider the factors that you put on and i guess i can assure the former two. the latter too will depend on the company i will work with. but of course i will choose what's best for me to secure all those factors while in the lines of my interests/passion.

i enjoy my previous works though. i enjoy the people, the environment, and my co-workers since we treat each other like a family and it creates a pleasant, harmonious atmosphere at work. its just the boss' i dislike. nevertheless, its also a part of my plan to jump from one company to another (it has nothing to do with the boss' etc.). it's my way of collecting multiple experiences from many different companies. i just didn't expect to leave shortly after the first contracts bcoz i couldnt stand the boss' xD but i always see to it that i clear up all my duties and obligations and give proper resignation.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you know I recently went back to school? I am majoring in Psychology. I don't really know what it's going to be like on the other side of the couch. Since I was in Elementary School I have wanted to counsel and help others like Psychologists, Social Workers and Marriage and Family therapists do. My Uni. offered all three, but Psychology seemed the best fit. Each discipline has their own department.

I've even (recently) considered becoming a School teacher. I doubt my ability to perform well within the framework of the dysfunctional US education system though.
i'm seeing you as an INFP Social drawn to investigative-realistic domain like me... how was the field, though? have you chosen a specific study in psychology?...well me, i still have to find out if i'm going to find my niche in the conventional and administrative task in human resource before deciding what to major in. counseling is one of my top list, though. i got bored on traditional teaching.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
To be honest I don't actually see where I have to use thinking to any large extent in physics... the main problem is perhaps rather that there is so little feeling in it as well (it's all about intuition). Alright, it is competitive most places which I don't like, but the subject within itself is more about concepts than decision-making. I see why I would fail at finance, but science is just a different ball game.
yeah, i prefer science over math, though. math is more on the thinking than science. i can be good in physics but i'm afraid i wont find my niche in that field that is more suitable for TJs... :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
I struggled to eek out a C in Physics, the second time. I loved learning how things work and got the concepts right away, but they expect you to prove it on paper with math. I thought that was unreasonable.

Geology was a sinch. I loved every minute of it. The professor actually thought I was bright. He even let me drive the Van when we went on school field trips. People who actually know me would not entrust me with other peoples lives.

Psych, Soc, history, art history. They makes you do maths in Psychology too, so they can use you as a research monkey. In the 90s they didn't have a lot of prerequisites in place, but my last quarter in 1998 was the last quarter of the quarter system and they made lots of changes after switching to semesters including cumbersome prerequisites. Now they expect you to be able to do maths, and english and everything. There are so many rules you gotta follow! Rules are hard. I want to be free.

In my school you can choose a focus but your degree is a BS or BA. I chose BS because I'm such a good BS'r. They don't expect you to stop at the Bachelor level. I plan to get my masters in counseling Psych. I could care less about helping the university do research, well most of it. Well now that I think about it I do find a lot of Psych research interesting. I bet I never do maths once I'm in practice.

Can you tell I haven't mastered english 101 yet?

I like to do hands on stuff like gardening, car repairs, fixin stuff around the house. Some of that has been motivated by thrift. But gardening is a love.

Going back to the 90 day wonder thing. I've had jobs for much less than 90 days. I've been fired several times for "not listening", "you're just never going to get it". "I don't know what it is with you". "You're always daydreaming", have your head in the clouds, etc. And I've walked out on a few mean bosses, sometimes in tears.

I get restless.

I think I might be more social than many INFPs. My Ne likes to tell jokes. I don't mind being the center of attention for a few seconds when it's on my own terms. I like to sit in the back of the class and goof off. This doesn't mean I'm not paying attention though. I pat attention to know where to interject a snarky comment, or add a funnier finish to the professors sentences. Seems strange to me that it takes an introvert to liven things up a little. I can't stand being in a lecture when the professor asks the class a question and nobody will answer. After a few seconds of everyone being too shy to speak, I have to say something. Most professors actually like it. If one of the other students starts to answer, or raise their hand I defer to them. It's funny to watch the younger teachers pet types, get angry and start trying to beat me to the punch. I know when it gets to that point my work is nearly complete. I am discerning though. I behave myself if I sense the instructor is nervous, like for example a grad student who is teaching his first class. Then there are teachers who are too serious or self important to see the art in what I'm doing. I had an art history prof who was so narcissistic that she spewed venom at me whenever I raised my hand or made a joke. She got to the point where when she asked the class a question, she turned away from me. She made it really obvious that's what she was doing. Even though I did well on tests she flunked me. I complained to her but she was unrepentant, so I went to the department head. We had a meeting with the 3 of us. After looking at my exam scores the department head said, so then why didn't he get a B? She pretended it had been an oversight. Boy was she polite during the meeting. When I saw my grades I noticed my Gpa was lower than my calculations. She had only raised my grade to a c-. I don't like conflict probably more than I dislike unfairness. I got angry and started towards her office. I waited outside her door, which was open, so I could hear her speaking with her new students. She seemed so happy. I decided to come back later, but I let it go. A few years later I got on one of those rate your professor websites. I looked to see how some of my old professors were rated by their students. I remembered the conflict we'd had, so I looked her up. There was a clear pattern of favoritism. It seems she had it in for many male students. Most of the guys gave her bad reviews, some girls too. But most reviews from girls were glowing. Her reviews were very polarised, more so than any other professor I looked up.

This is a bad place to leave off but I can barely stay awake.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@Bleuhealer
Pardon for delayed reply.
I Lol’ed on your student-life.

I remember I had my teacher in physics who used to think I’m bright in trigonometry bcoz he handed me a report with applied trigo. He don’t have an idea how terrible I am in math. “She’s bright in trigo”, he affirmed. I dunno how he came up with that. I only drew a triangle and discuss the equation confidently though I don’t know much of what I’m saying. Then I became his favorite student and he asked me to make a home experiment for the class…a gelatin from seaweed. I made a pink sour gelatin coz the procedure he gave me didn’t work out. Funny that my classmates didn’t even want to taste..xD
And yes, I can never forget my hard work in statistics. It’s the major subj. which has the highest unit so it has to be taken seriously. The exam is hard, not bcoz its pure computation and composed of 100(?) items but bcoz you have to analyse the problem and compute for the mean, median, mode, cv, std. dev, test stat etc. just to answer ‘one item’. Forever is not enough… It’s really time consuming. My prof. bargained exemption from the final exam if I would accept 2.5 (satisfactory) as my final grade on stat. but I sensed he’s playing tricks with me. Heh, of course he will not offer me grade that is greater than or equal to what I could attain, so he offered me the lower. How clever. So I refused. Eventually I got 2.0 (very good). Many had failed and I got 2nd highest grade in the class. So not so bad. xD

I also fall asleep during exams whenever I all I can do is to fix my eyes on it, waiting for a light bulb in my head bcoz I don’t know the right answer. And I remember I’m lazy on P.E. I’m not a sporty type so I’m not bothered if I got only satisfactory grade.
I took BS too coz the google says there’s more opportunity for BS grad than AB. And BS Psych is pre-med. I plan to get my masters too if I could find ‘cognitive’ major. I want neuropsychology to be specific. If not, counseling would be good too. And want to pursue PsyD. Or PhD. Schooling is not really my thing and I hate pile of paper works but of course I want higher salaries and don’t want a stagnating career. I want growth so I’m gonna be a hero (?).

As per the english 101, I can be good in written but not in verbal coz its awkward speaking other than my native language. I can only practice with internet.

Gardening is interesting too. In fact, I plan to buy hectares of land someday and plant colorful trees like sakura and acacia trees, design my own garden with fountains and labyrinth of flowering plants. Of course I want a vegetable garden too.

90-day job, well…my jobs lasted 4-5 mos. (Fortunately). I only had one 90-day job. Worst bosses ever! They gave me a memo that my performance was lower than what is expected. My sales are low and I have many lates (gosh! Not that easy to anticipate travel times during peak) so my contract would be extended for only a month. But I don’t want to renew after the ‘harsh’ office meeting so I resigned through text after I got my salary. She immediately grant it, maybe bcoz she finally had the reason to replace me. I never experienced being fired bcoz whenever I sense that I am about to, I simply cut my losses. One time I passed my resignation my boss sarcastically said “actually I was thinking of firing you, just so happen that you’re quicker”… in my mind I want to say “really…well too bad for you, what makes you think I didn’t anticipate that” *evil smile* but I’m sure she’d only said that to save pride. LOLThey found it hard to replace me that they have to blackmail me and hold my salary just to *stay*. That’s what I usually do, I leave when they most need me so the last laugh would be mine xD. After the agreement, the higher boss said sarcastically “you resigned? Good luck if you could find a company as wonderful as this”… in my mind “heh…what makes you think I couldn’t find better? I’m not that weak, yah know” I wish they knew I found a more professional one that paid my salary 2x than they do. What now? I always have the last *evil* laugh. Try that and you’ll see its fun!! LOL

Pardon for long reply, though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.