Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nirvana may very well be my favorite band. So I was thinking why not have a thread to discuss the relevance, music, lyrics and basically anything about nirvana. However I feel it important to mention that I feel posts about Kurt cobains death or personal relationships should be avoided unless it pertains to discussing the music.

·
Banned
7,928 Posts
Their Unplugged album and show were amazing.
There really isn't much to say, honestly. They were great, and it ended.

Krist Novoselic became a politician of all things, though he was still in the music industry for awhile before he quit it for good.
Dave Grohl, who the hell knew he was as talented as he is, back then? He was just the drummer. He was background to Cobain.

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
Nirvana's pretty good, but they're probably the most overrated group to come out of the "grunge" era.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Love Nirvana,Kurt was a total genius! :)

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Isn't it usually speculated that Kurt was an ISFP, not an INFP?

Anyways, Nirvana is a pretty good band. I especially like the sound of their first album...

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
Personally, I find the sound of Alice in Chains to be better than that of Nirvana in terms of what came out of grunge. Although, Nirvana is pretty good ... I just find them overrated. Kurt Cobain's death pretty much guaranteed the group's immortal fame.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Nirvana's OK, but I can't really get super engrossed in the music. I'll kind of get a craving for their music, but it goes away quickly. A lot of it seems to lack depth, overall. I realize some of the songs did have a point (somewhat), like the rape ones, but others like Teen Spirit merely sound kind of cool for a few listens and don't have much lasting power for me personally.

With that said, the Unplugged album is cool, because they play really well and give character to some of their songs that sounded flat on the albums (like On a Plain). And the covers are decent even if they didn't really put their own unique spin on them.

·
MOTM June 2011
6,992 Posts

Anyways, Nirvana is a pretty good band. I especially like the sound of their first album...
I've seen ISFP as well, it's hard to determine between the two. There's this assumption that lyrics can help you type someone but in all honesty, I highly doubt it. Most lyrics are symbolic, so that would lead everyone to believe any symbolic lyrics always = N, when that isn't the case whatsoever.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I love the unplugged album and their big singles are classics, but I'm really not a huge fan. They were a bit derivitive and generic and grunge just isn't my thing overall. Although it's still great that a band that made no attempt to be "poppy" could become the biggest musical act in the world for a brief period of time.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts

Do you mean Bleach or Nevermind? A lot of people think Nevermind was their first album, because that's their breakout album, but that was their second album. Bleach was released in 1988. I'm not holding it against you though for getting it wrong, just an insightful anecdote.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
I like their cover of Bowie's the Man Who Sold the World, and of course their classic albums.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Do you mean Bleach or Nevermind? A lot of people think Nevermind was their first album, because that's their breakout album, but that was their second album. Bleach was released in 1988. I'm not holding it against you though for getting it wrong, just an insightful anecdote.
Bleach of course.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts