Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tell me of your nlp techniques you use.

here are a few i developed myself for myself:
associating emotions with colour shapes to make more sense of them, for remembering them and for fun.
when i need to do multiple tasks at a different point of time than now, i count the number of the tasks, remember that number, associate the number wiht the place where the tasks are located, and then i pile up each of the tasks in my mind, loosely connected to each other and the number. then i mark an emotion of urgency in my short memory, and hope it doesnt fade before i get to the place where my tasks are, from which i remember that i needed to do the tasks, from which i rmeember the number, from which i remember the tasks.

also if not urgetn, then i simply mark the task in my mind, and next time im doing tasks, i might remember to do that task as well, consequently, saving effort.

when im discussing with people, i make notions of things i think might have potential of development in my mind, so when i talk with people, i tend to jump suddenly back to things spoken earlier as i get ideas about them. and thus i build a map of the conversation i have with people. and after the convo, i analyze this map and see what use i can make of the new information.

prolly have more too, but none that comes to mind right now. you?

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Well, I have something similar to this, but it comes naturally.

I've always learned by capturing a snapshot of the logic of something and then associating it with a visual or auditory symbol. Whenever I need to talk about something, I search for that symbol, and as soon as I grab it, my entire mindset readjusts to the problem in front of me. Then the information spills out like a flood, and I am thinking within whatever framework the information requires.

When I need to deal with new perspectives, I just try to take in all the information at once and then quickly assign the information to a series of old and new mental symbols, and then proceed into the new situation with that understanding at hand.

It's usually good for getting a firm grasp on whatever is happening..

So if symbols in general can substitute for linguistic processing, then that's my technique.

I'm probably missing a lot in my description, and conflating too many things, though. This stuff is hard to get a good picture of.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.