Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New member here (although I have been checking the forum for quite a while) I've been typed as ISFP / INFP on multiple online tests but the more I read into cognitive functions, I doubt I use a lot of Fi. Your help in typing me would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies for the long blocks of text ahead.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

As I have stated earlier, I've been typed as ISFP / INFP on multiple online tests, but the more I read into cognitive functions, I doubt I am a strong Fi user. I don't really consider myself idealistic or genuine and I don't really see myself strictly adhering to a personal moral code.

I have considered that I may be an INFJ but the statistical rarity of the type makes me think otherwise. I don't consider myself fulfilling the INFJ stereotype of being deeply philosophical and concerned with the fate of humanity. I also see myself as too fun-loving to be the stereotypical INFJ (although this may be enneagram 7)

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I have always wanted to become an artist (drawing, performing etc.) as I have been greatly interested in the arts for quite a while, although I am currently more of an appreciator of art than an artist since I doubt my skill is anywhere near impressive. I am also considering setting up support groups for other aspiring artists once I have the means to.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

I cannot deny that I feel my finest whenever I get praised for my improvement in art (or my appearance). I also feel my finest when I see positive reactions from the people I show hospitality to.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

I feel inferiority to an every time someone has to snap me back into the present moment. I have also been poorly coordinated and terrible at sports and art in my youth (although I can see some minor improvement) I also feel inferiority to an extent when other people accommodate others better than I do.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

On decisions that concern others, I would think about how they would feel or how they would benefit from said decision. On decisions concerning myself, I'm largely indecisive as I am often willing to try new things / experiences. I would often have to coin toss when I have to choose what I would order in a restaurant.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I would often listen to the what the other members of the group would have to say and I would try to find common ground. Ideally I would like to have control of the outcome although I acknowledge that the outcome may not always be as expected.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I honestly have a hard time recalling memories that are enjoyable since I am not very sentimental, although I do remember having the most fun drinking for the first time not too long ago at a friend's house and blasting off music loudly.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I am terrible at memorization to be honest. I often prefer to observe from afar then try to learn hands-on although I may start to theorize / use theoretical methods once I have reached a respectable skill level.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I am often organized to an extent largely because I live with other people and I would not want to make the living space uncomfortable for them. (but if I am exhausted and they don't happen to be around, I probably wouldn't bother)

On schedules and routine, I often have a loose routine that I would follow, although I dislike having a routine imposed by some other person onto me.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I am often welcoming of new ideas, and I see myself as someone who would try to understand the concepts behind the idea to see if they are coherent, although I may not always be argumentative.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

I find harmony if there isn't any tension within the group, and if the people in the group remain open minded to foreign concepts / ideas.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I would often try to think before speaking to make sure the principles behind the statement are coherent and should I assess the other party to be one of the more sensitive types I would try to "filter" the statement so I wouldn't trample on their sensitivity. I often take a long time to respond and it gets a lot of people impatient.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I would often like to know where I am jumping before leaping although under stress I may recklessly jump in and out of action. I do agree that action would often speak louder than words.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I would most likely go with friends on a night out (though that may be because I am not largely into TV)

If I happened to be exhausted, however, I may decline politely or propose that they visit my living space instead.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Under stress I would often start binge-eating and shop aggressively / buy things I have no long term use for. Once the stress reaches extremes I would drop all my obligations to take a break and reassess my situation.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

It takes a lot for me to dislike someone (hating someone is too much of a conscious effort for me) although I'm not very comfortable with my INFP friends and family members who often get into impassioned ranting about morals or other topics without paying attention to what the others have to say. I am also not very comfortable with some of my xSxJ acquaintances who impose their routine on me.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

Personality typology theory is often a very interesting topic to discuss and getting to know the personality type of the person I am talking to would give me an idea on how to properly approach him / her.

I am also comfortable discussing topics like art, music and video games (although I doubt this has anything to do with my personality type)

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

No clear idea, although I do have a hard time trying to focus on the present moment.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Some of my friends commented on how clean / organized / intellectual I supposedly am although I know I am not as well put together and intelligent as they may assume. (although I do love being called that in all honestly lol)

On the contrary, among my SJ friends I am often perceived as "quirky", "offbeat" and "unusual". I am actually in all honestly very "vanilla" / "unsurprising" / "regular" / "run of the mill" although I do appreciate morbid humor / sexual jokes.

I am pretty sure none of them would say I am the type to be sentimental and deeply emotional.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Polish previous artworks, polish my ability in art, and attempt to get into other outlets of self-expression. If I happen to be too lazy to do so I might just try out new food or video games.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts