Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
8,871 Posts
What could the exceptions be?
Almost all guys I know, even the whores, have a lot of women they would say no to. I mean if a ton of women are always saying yes, then the guys can afford to be picky. It's not as if they are obliged to have sex with everyone.

Further, you cannot tell what a person has as standards or morals. You have to ask. You have to try.

Your wording reflects an attitude like, 'Woe is me (standing in the corner). Why doesn't someone come offer me cake?!?!' It doesn't usually work like that. You have to be IN THE GAME. That means you are trying also, doing your part, making eye contact, dressing the part you want to play, smiling, being complimentary, being smart, being flirtatious, being sexy, being challenging, etc. And what works for one guy may not work on all of them. Some few things do work on most men.

But you are offering us very little to go on.

@tanstaafl28 asked you essentially, 'What do YOU think is the reason guys do not approach you?'

I can almost guarantee you, you have no presence. You are not hitting the room with your power. You are probably reserved and timid. In general that is not going to attract many guys and the kind of guys it does attract could be leaning towards predatory behaviors. Your own presentation of power, liveliness, beauty, humor, etc; is required to BALANCE the guy's presentation. Who can you balance?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Almost all guys I know, even the whores, have a lot of women they would say no to. I mean if a ton of women are always saying yes, then the guys can afford to be picky. It's not as if they are obliged to have sex with everyone.

Further, you cannot tell what a person has as standards or morals. You have to ask. You have to try.

Your wording reflects an attitude like, 'Woe is me (standing in the corner). Why doesn't someone come offer me cake?!?!' It doesn't usually work like that. You have to be IN THE GAME. That means you are trying also, doing your part, making eye contact, dressing the part you want to play, smiling, being complimentary, being smart, being flirtatious, being sexy, being challenging, etc. And what works for one guy may not work on all of them. Some few things do work on most men.

But you are offering us very little to go on.

@tanstaafl28 asked you essentially, 'What do YOU think is the reason guys do not approach you?'

I can almost guarantee you, you have no presence. You are not hitting the room with your power. You are probably reserved and timid. In general that is not going to attract many guys and the kind of guys it does attract could be leaning towards predatory behaviors. Your own presentation of power, liveliness, beauty, humor, etc; is required to BALANCE the guy's presentation. Who can you balance?
It frustrates me that I might never have sex then.

·
Beer Guardian
PerC Host, ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE
15,044 Posts
You appear more interested in feeling sorry for yourself about it rather than doing anything about it. If you want to change things, you're going to have to come up with a plan of action and then act. If you are having problems with this notion, you may want to consult a professional.

·
Registered
8,871 Posts
And you see, I can only say, you would have no one to blame apart from yourself, ... MOSTLY. That is to say, rule #4 'There is always more pudding!' ... Eventually someone will climb the high shelf, get the pudding bowl down, dust off the cobwebs, craft the pudding mix despite having to meticulously gather the ingredients as the old ones were stale, and make pudding because, ... it's about damn time, and put a bowl in front of their self-righteous daughter or would-be friend, or worst enemy, because, well, it seems like a fair challenge, and pudding will at last be had.

But the daughter or would be friend or enemy has no real right to claim suffering, at least not reasonable suffering. So many relatively tiny things would have caused pudding to be made much much earlier.

Until then, you have chosen the way of pain, and frustration!

Reactions: tanstaafl28

·
Administrator
13,471 Posts
Do you have a counselor you could talk to about it?

Sometimes people benefit from improving their social skills by joining counseling or support groups.

I'm not sure why you are having trouble, but perhaps a counselor could help you figure out what you can do to change it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You appear more interested in feeling sorry for yourself about it rather than doing anything about it. If you want to change things, you're going to have to come up with a plan of action and then act. If you are having problems with this notion, you may want to consult a professional.
[/QUOTET
Why would I have problems with this notcion?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts