Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
3,882 Posts
i swear, sometimes it's like he doesnt want a conversation. EX: something will remind him of something when he scanned the environment, and he'll kind of state his strong opinion on the matter, in a way that doesn't seem to invite any conversation. but then he'll share a personal story on the matter if i look kinda lost or confused at what just happened.

bad at communicating his interpretation of theory to us. it's all in his head, alright, but it has a tendency to get really abstracted when he's trying to explain it to us because it's so obvious to him.

Doesn't do polite, social etiquette things like "bless you" when someone sneezes or "how are you?" to start off a conversation.

Plays with things in his hand a lot while talking. pens. chalks. breaks chalk often.

Ironically, doesn't register someone when they come in late or leave early. he seems to be lost in theory, and rarely realizes when people move around?
INTJ in his hardass mode

Or at least I can make a lot of parallels to my INTJ acquaintance. He states things as facts because Te deems them logical, Fi he feels it is right thing, and Ni calculated it all out already. He totally blew off the ESTP one day, once again making declarative statements. He will often opt out from the group to do what he feels is right for him. He feels like separate unit from other people, very individualistic, very strong "I" focus. Sometimes acts like an outspoken leader, but at the same time I've seen him drop everything and retreat into shadows. Not too mannered for my Fe tastes. He plays with a pen or fiddles objects in hands a lot, especially when interacting with others - Ni-induced anxiety is a problem for INTJs same as us. This wanting to survey the whole I think is also a Ni thing.

· Banned
3,882 Posts
oh yeah and another thing is that I think INTJs don't make good teachers
my father is one and loooong before I knew about MBTI test I thought he was very bad at teaching - possibly due to my complete lack of Te
he will explain the theory the way he understands it and not cater his explanations to way other people would understand the best - I am quite opposite in this sense in that I always try to cater explanation to way I think that other person would understand it best
he doesn't fiddle with a pen when speaking but he is very often drawing diagrams

· Banned
3,882 Posts
hard to say - lots of professors like to oversee their class

probably same reason I like to sit at front of the bus so that I can see the road ahead, or sit in the very back of lecture room so that I can oversee the entire room - it is anticipatory behavior, when you're not very good at reacting to the moment so you try to grab the whole picture and see as far and as much as you possibly can

that he notices things you wouldn't notice, i dunno, what kind of things?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.